Fabricio Werdum surprised by 'TUF: Brazil' slot after offer to save Strikeforce event

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Fabricio Werdum surprised by 'TUF: Brazil' slot after offer to save Strikeforce event
prophecy033
11/8/12 5:12:03PM
UFC heavyweight Fabricio Werdum today told MMAjunkie.com that he volunteered to fight Daniel Cormier at a Nov. 3 Strikeforce event, but the promotion's parent company never offered the matchup.

A subsequent opportunity to coach "The Ultimate Fighter: Brazil 2" opposite Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira came as a surprise.

"I didn't think I was as known in Brazil as Nogueira and (Mauricio) 'Shogun' (Rua) and Lyoto (Machida)," Werdum said.

Link
Wallass
11/8/12 5:39:07PM
Is anyone else getting more and more impressed with this guy every time you hear or see him then me? Werdum is like a fine wine, better with age. War Fabricio!!!
prophecy033
11/8/12 5:48:01PM

Posted by Wallass

Is anyone else getting more and more impressed with this guy every time you hear or see him then me? Werdum is like a fine wine, better with age. War Fabricio!!!

im impressed with his improved standup and willingness to go toe to toe. He didnt rest on his BJJ
Budgellism
11/8/12 7:28:08PM

Posted by Wallass

He's really impressed me since coming back to the ufc. Russow isn't the most talented guy in the world but Werdum made him look a lot worse than he is. The knees he hit Nelson with were nasty too. I think he has what it takes to beat Big Nog and that'll probably get him close to a title shot.
george112
11/8/12 7:48:53PM
I'm indifferent towards Werdum just because he beat Fedor