Fabricio Werdum Off Strikeforce Card

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Fabricio Werdum Off Strikeforce Card
emfleek
8/3/09 1:57:57PM
Fabricio Werdum will have to wait a little longer to make his Strikeforce debut. The Brazilian heavyweight, who was supposed to face Alistair Overeem for the Strikeforce heavyweight title on August 15 before Overeem pulled out of the fight due to a hand injury, will not be fighting on the upcoming card against a replacement opponent.

Strikeforce director of communications, Mike Afromowitz, confirmed the news with FanHouse on Monday.

STORY

********** UPDATE ***********

STATUS "UNCLEAR" FOR WERDUM
postman
8/3/09 2:01:05PM
Wonder who they give Fedor Werdum or Overeem
emfleek
8/3/09 2:02:31PM

Posted by postman

My gut says Fedor fights...

Werdum
Overeem
Rogers

...in that order.
emfleek
8/3/09 3:56:07PM
Updated the 1st post in the thread. Werdum's status still up in the air.
Irish_Pride
8/3/09 3:59:07PM
I wonder if they will have Werdum face Fedor at Aug.15? They have both been training so I think there is a possibility of seeing these 2 guys fight at Aug.15. If they do, that will make this card even better than it is right now.
DCRage
8/3/09 4:39:28PM
Fedor's first fight will be October, so no.
Aaronno9
8/3/09 5:09:28PM

Posted by emfleek

Posted by postman

My gut says Fedor fights...

Werdum
Overeem
Rogers

...in that order.

I agree. Unless one of them loose before they fight him, then it might not happen.
DCRage
8/3/09 7:31:25PM

I wonder if they will have Werdum face Fedor at Aug.15? They have both been training so I think there is a possibility of seeing these 2 guys fight at Aug.15. If they do, that will make this card even better than it is right now.

Nope. Mike Kyle.

Article
prozacnation1978
8/3/09 10:55:45PM
should be rogers with lieelt heavyweights fedor will fight for title first against alistair while winner of kyle/werdum to face rogers probably
jae_1833
8/3/09 11:38:55PM
I loved Rogers win over AA, but I don't think that he is ready for Fedor yet. Fedor should get an automatic Championship fight in an org he goes to IMO. I would love to see Fedor vx Overeem!!!