Fabio Maldonado Appreciative of UFC 153 Post-Fight Bonus, Even in Losing Effort

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Fabio Maldonado Appreciative of UFC 153 Post-Fight Bonus, Even in Losing Effort
grappler0000
11/25/12 8:35:51AM
Maldonado on Friday took to his Facebook page to let all his friends know that, despite losing the fight, White & Co. took care of him rather well after the fight.

“Just got a check from the UFC,” he commented in Portuguese, noting it was the fourth time he received a bonus. “The UFC paid me more than if I had won the fight. Thanks to the Fertitta brothers, Dana White and Joe Silva.”

Full Story
george112
11/25/12 8:58:25AM
Fabio deserved every bit of it.

Good for him
isk
11/25/12 12:12:47PM
Totally, well earned. I've rarely seen such heart and beard, and I'm glad he got paid as well as I thought he would.

Really good business move by the UFC as well. This and other similar instances makes their organization even more alluring to prospects and top fighters in other promotions. Fighters know that as long as they come to fight, they'll be taken care of.
JoeWarren33
11/25/12 1:52:03PM
Pretty funny how he gets paid for getting the crap kicked out of him (losing the fight) and more than he would of eArned if he just won the fight. Is it me or is something wrong with this picture?
jay98107
11/25/12 3:01:40PM

Posted by JoeWarren33

Pretty funny how he gets paid for getting the crap kicked out of him (losing the fight) and more than he would of eArned if he just won the fight. Is it me or is something wrong with this picture?

When you break it down like that it sounds pretty bad, but it was an entertaining loss and showed impressive heart. You know Dana likes that a lot more than somebody coasting to a decision victory.
I-GOT-THIS-PICK
11/25/12 4:56:07PM
I am happy for Fabio he earned every fucking penny that last fight.
isk
11/25/12 5:00:49PM
Yes and no. If Maldonado had rebounded and won, I'm sure he would've been paid a bonus, either a similar undisclosed or the FOTN. If he had controlled and dissected Teixeira the whole time, not only would he get a bigger name in his next match and therefore even more money, he'd be in the discussion about a title shot. Too early to lock it up fully, right, but he'd have beaten a beast with a lot of hype within the core audience.
JoeWarren33
11/25/12 8:02:00PM

You know Dana likes that a lot more than somebody coasting to a decision victory.

I hear ya and yes I am aware ;-)

Just found that really funny. I dont doubt Fabio has heart, he really showed he does, and looked good taking a heavy beating and not quitting.
aussiemma
11/26/12 4:04:24AM

Posted by george112

Fabio deserved every bit of it.

Good for him

exactly.