Faber not just thinking about Alcantara, has sights set on "superfights"

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Faber not just thinking about Alcantara, has sights set on "superfights"
FastKnockout
8/15/13 11:54:43AM
One of the big topics on Urijah Faber's mind right now has nothing to do with his opponent on this weekends UFC Fight Night: Shogun vs. Sonnen card.

Link
Bubbles
8/15/13 12:14:07PM
Faber vs Mighty Mouse?
GDPofMPG
8/15/13 1:06:40PM
Faber vs Edgar would be interesting.

But I don't think any "superfights" exist for Faber.
jjeans
8/15/13 1:26:58PM
Fabers the one fighter I think should only get number 1 contender bouts in his division with wins in a different division.

Barao/Cruz and Faber are the clear top guys, but Faber beating every BW out there wouldn't phase me at all. Because I'd expect him to do so. He really is in a hard place. Barao beat him, Cruz beat him, both times were convincingly. I would only care for a rematch against those 2 if he went up and beat a couple of lower ranked FWs to earn the BW shot.

The situation he is in is so unique. A win over Dennis Siver/Clay Guida/Hatsu Hioki/Nik Lentz/Hacran Dias would make me excited for a rematch with Cruz/Barao. Wins over Alcantara, McDonald, Wineland, Pickett, Jorgenson all of those wouldn't impress me at all, unless they were all in one night or something.
GDPofMPG
8/15/13 2:36:56PM

Posted by jjeans

Fabers the one fighter I think should only get number 1 contender bouts in his division with wins in a different division.

Barao/Cruz and Faber are the clear top guys, but Faber beating every BW out there wouldn't phase me at all. Because I'd expect him to do so. He really is in a hard place. Barao beat him, Cruz beat him, both times were convincingly. I would only care for a rematch against those 2 if he went up and beat a couple of lower ranked FWs to earn the BW shot.

The situation he is in is so unique. A win over Dennis Siver/Clay Guida/Hatsu Hioki/Nik Lentz/Hacran Dias would make me excited for a rematch with Cruz/Barao. Wins over Alcantara, McDonald, Wineland, Pickett, Jorgenson all of those wouldn't impress me at all, unless they were all in one night or something.

I'd be extremely impressed if Faber beat McDonald. Alcantara is an impressive victory as well if he secures it. I would of been shocked if Menjivar, Wineland or Jorgensen beat Faber. If Alcantara does, I won't be surprised at all. That dude has some power. One punching Lamas out cold like he did was a great way to make a first impression. Faber is probably still better most areas, but Yuri is a fight finisher. Should be exciting. I have faber, but not a good betting fight imo.
BillsNewAccount
8/15/13 3:41:31PM
It looks like Nick Diaz found his opponent.
Webbie
8/15/13 3:52:39PM

Posted by GDPofMPG

This was the only fight I could think of, and I certainly wouldn't consider it a "superfight", so I'm not sure what Faber's planning to do.
BillsNewAccount
8/15/13 4:14:42PM

Posted by Webbie

Posted by GDPofMPG

This was the only fight I could think of, and I certainly wouldn't consider it a "superfight", so I'm not sure what Faber's planning to do.

I don't want to jinx anything but Dana is REALLY close to signing Fedor.