Faber vs. Pulver

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Faber vs. Pulver
ultimateweapon
3/19/08 11:51:18PM
Faber and Pulver are fighting and I'm looking forward to it. Do you think Jens can capture the featherweight title or will Faber retain it and continue his winning streak?

I'm personally rooting for Faber
hotrodttt
3/19/08 11:56:01PM
Urijah is just a Monster, I think he takes Jens's back in the 2nd Round
ultimateweapon
3/20/08 12:02:35AM
Your right about him being a monster I say Faber possibly stops Jens in the 1st round.
wolfman
3/20/08 12:24:25AM
I'm rooting for Pulver, that is for sure.
Styles
3/20/08 12:32:22AM
Pulver is a beast a 145 too guys.... i dont think he has ever lost at this wieght. He has more expierence, has fought a number of great opponents, he is the only person to KO Joe Stephenson, ended atleast one career, and shut down all the Cub Swanson bandwagon members

Who has Faber really fought? He got schooled by Griffen, and wasn't he losing to Menjivar, before Menjivar was DQ'd? Who else has he really fought, Curran has a list of wins over mainly nobody's as well (there is some exception to his win list). I think his success has lead to alot fo people just jumping aboard.

Dont get me wrong, Faber is good, but I wouldn't say great just yet. I think this will be a good fight and its a good test for the both of them. The only real answer though is for Yamamoto to step in and really test the winner. With all else said I am taking Pulver via Ko/Tko
jiujitsufreak74
3/20/08 12:35:50AM
Faber would win this with his wrestling. Jens is good, but Faber is to quick and too good at controlling his opponent that Jens will not be able to pull out the victory. only way i see Jens winning is with a flash KO which is improbable imo. i think that Faber will keep this on the ground and clinch the submission by the third round. Jens is improving his JJ but it is not on the level yet to counter Faber's wrestling/sub game, at least in my eyes.

and for the record: Yamamoto > Faber & Pulver
CantAndleDaRiddum
3/20/08 2:08:10AM
im pulling for pulver, think he wins
bullettdodger
3/20/08 3:12:40AM
Pulver KO round One... im banking on lil evil to take the california kid's belt
Nightmare27
3/20/08 3:51:55AM
I want Pulver, but I think that Faber just has too much for him. He's stronger, he's faster, probably equal ground skills. Jens' best chance is to catch him in one of the early exchanges.
joshjr
3/20/08 6:53:25AM
I dont think Jens can pull it out. BJ looked great against him and I dont think anything is going to change that. It was probably one more push for a belt.
fedorwins1
3/20/08 8:19:03AM
I'm picking Faber by sub. I think Faber will get the takedown and GNP for a little bit and then catch Jens in a sub. in the 2nd rd.

How many times has Faber defended his title?
scoozna
3/20/08 8:57:32AM

Posted by fedorwins1

I'm picking Faber by sub. I think Faber will get the takedown and GNP for a little bit and then catch Jens in a sub. in the 2nd rd.

How many times has Faber defended his title?

That's how I see it too...maybe 3rd rd. Should be a good fight.
rabbit915
3/20/08 10:57:22AM
The thing about Faber is no matter what position he gets put in he always finds a way out of it. Like in that match with Curran, where Curran had his back for 3 minutes and barely landed a punch and didnt even move his hands over his shoulders to try for the RNC. I cant see Pulver finishing this fight and i dont think he can keep up with Faber's Cardio for 5 rounds to not get caught in something. Faber by 3 round submission.
Styles
3/20/08 6:42:38PM

Posted by rabbit915

The thing about Faber is no matter what position he gets put in he always finds a way out of it. Like in that match with Curran, where Curran had his back for 3 minutes and barely landed a punch and didnt even move his hands over his shoulders to try for the RNC. I cant see Pulver finishing this fight and i dont think he can keep up with Faber's Cardio for 5 rounds to not get caught in something. Faber by 3 round submission.

When has Faber gone 5 rounds? Who is to say he can even go over three anymore?
rabbit915
3/20/08 6:58:45PM
Faber hasnt gone 5 rounds before but he comes out in the second with as much energy as he did in the first. IMO he could do that for all 5 rounds. He has ridiculous cardio. Curran was visibly gassed in the second (i watched the fight again last night) and i dont think pulver can do much better.
Mayhem13
3/20/08 9:25:19PM
I really like Jens....and at 145 he is a very solid fighter...

but I dont know if anyone in the WEC can beat Urijah...the kid is just good at everything..haha

I think Urijah wins by rnd 3 Sub
WhiteWidow
3/21/08 6:53:28AM
if Jens has improved his sprawl he'll KO him if not Faber gets a Sub, clearly this is a case of one wanting it standing and one wanting it on the ground, i mean Tyson KTFO Faber in the beginning of round 2 or 3 i think, granted Tyson is on another level but Jens at 145 is dam good, this fight is closer than alot of people think, Fabers chin isnt exactly tested and was almost beaten by a few fighters one being Menjivar who made a mistake and got DQ'd, not saying Jens' chin is the greatest but in a kickboxing match Jens wins 9/10

I'm gonna go with Jens by TKO in the 1st or 2nd
mrliquid
3/21/08 10:23:27AM
I hope Pulver beats the shit out of Faber the guy thinks he is an mma pimp I wish Tyson Griffin would drop him on his head again would give me much pleasure but I think Jens will take it in the 2nd maybe 3rd he is awsome striker with alot of power not sure if he has been working with BJ or not on his ground game but if he has that just adds more danger to his game.
fedorwins1
3/21/08 10:30:36AM

Posted by mrliquid

I hope Pulver beats the shit out of Faber the guy thinks he is an mma pimp I wish Tyson Griffin would drop him on his head again would give me much pleasure but I think Jens will take it in the 2nd maybe 3rd he is awsome striker with alot of power not sure if he has been working with BJ or not on his ground game but if he has that just adds more danger to his game.

Actually believe it or not Faber is working with BJ

Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
mrliquid
3/21/08 11:16:25AM

Posted by fedorwins1

Well that can't be good for Jens Faber training with a guy who beat him in 2007 and has one of the best ground games i'm still gonna bet on Pulver though

Styles
3/21/08 12:28:27PM

Posted by mrliquid

Posted by fedorwins1

Well that can't be good for Jens Faber training with a guy who beat him in 2007 and has one of the best ground games i'm still gonna bet on Pulver though

BJ is not the greatest coach around... remember TUF when Jens nearly won all the fights over BJ. That takes coaching skills.
mrliquid
3/21/08 12:40:15PM

Posted by Styles

Posted by mrliquid

Posted by fedorwins1

BJ is not the greatest coach around... remember TUF when Jens nearly won all the fights over BJ. That takes coaching skills.

yea but BJ training kids with not alot of experience and fights and training with someone like Faber is alot different he has been fighting for awhile and has alot of fights i'm sure he will pick up things alot faster since he has probably already learned the base of the ground game.
Aaronno9
3/21/08 1:07:55PM
Id take faber by a 3rd round rnc. I think he'll keep pulver on his back and wear him down for the entire fight before sinking in the sub.
smky213
3/22/08 11:10:46PM
jens is the man faber needs to get his ass kicked hes to much of a pretty boy. pulver KO in the first
number0
3/25/08 1:06:51PM
Faber vs Pulver.Im lookin forward to it.Because jens and urijah both are very exceptional fighters.but urijah's ground game is way better then jen's I feel.But the standup i'll give it to jens.But with that aside i'm rootin for urijah.
Bizaboom
4/10/08 9:13:46PM
Its going to be a hell of a fight. And Im going to be sitting 7 rows back from the cage at Arco. I can not wait.
jgtribbett
4/13/08 2:32:29PM
i thought that jens asked bj to train him after he lost to him in UFC recently. or relatively recently..anyhow. that is the rumor i heard
gartface
4/14/08 12:09:45AM

Posted by jgtribbett

i thought that jens asked bj to train him after he lost to him in UFC recently. or relatively recently..anyhow. that is the rumor i heard

I believe he went and trained with him for a little bit.
As stated above if Jens shows good sprawl he'll win. Maybe Jens will actually get to throw a punch in the WEC.
frenchcakes_050
4/14/08 9:51:58AM
Pulver will tear Faber a new one