Faber top 5 p4p? Torres top 10?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Faber top 5 p4p? Torres top 10?
ncordless
6/2/08 12:44:35AM
I am putting both Faber and torres in my top 10 p4p.. Faber at 5 and Torres at 8, what do you guys think?

Faber showed me so much in this fight. Namely, he is on another level of quickness. He was landing right hands at will the whole fight.

Torres is a warrior. His main problem now is lack of comp.
holt8081
6/2/08 12:49:58AM
ya thats about right maybe torres at 9 or 10 but that guy is a hell of a fighter. I dont see any body really standing to much of a chance against Faber know.
FrankTheTank1181
6/2/08 12:50:16AM
I always thought Faber was top 10 p4p. I think a lot of people just forgot how good of a striker he was because he finished his last few fights so quickly. Torres is good too, but I think he could have won the fight tonight a lot quicker if he fought more with his head and less with emotion.
seanfu
6/2/08 12:59:50AM
I could agree except the fact that 145 isn't as big as 155+
Putting Faber top ten is almost a requirement. I wouldn't put him above the last 3 spots though. Pulver and Curran are some top, credible guys but 2 A- level fighters doesn't constitute a top 5 yet.

Top props to this guy, his skills are sharp, very well rounded, and conditioning is otherworldly.

Torres I admit I don't know too well other than the Beebe fight. Judging from his skills then it's the same situation as Faber. 135 isn't exactly stacked when the two biggest guys are Rhanni Yahya and Maeda.

Not that these guys don't deserve it, they're just in a Fedor position.

DevonFoxy
6/2/08 12:59:53AM

Posted by ncordless

I am putting both Faber and torres in my top 10 p4p.. Faber at 5 and Torres at 8, what do you guys think?

Faber showed me so much in this fight. Namely, he is on another level of quickness. He was landing right hands at will the whole fight.

Torres is a warrior. His main problem now is lack of comp.

I definitely agree with you on this one man. Torres looked prime he took some shots and he looked destructive in the stand up and we know how incredibly dangerous he is on the ground. Talk about a guy no one wants to fight in that division after that fight jeesh. Gas tank seemed to be full after going all out in the first rounds the guy really didn't even seem to be breathing hard and he was throwing bombs with his hands and feet. When it went to the ground he was silky smooth as we know he is. Torres seems like hes going to be champ for awhile giving the WEC a name to market which brings me tothe face of the WEC....

Urijah Faber!!

Wow is the only thing that comes to mind. This guy even made cornrolls on a white guy look good. Wrestling, JJ, and now he out boxed Jens freaken Pulver!!!! Whats left for him to do in this weight class! He's the whole package as well just like Torres and is definitely the best fighter at his weight. Words really can't explain how good he is I would say you need to see him in action to truly appreciate what this 29 year old can do--entertain and kick butt.

Zuffa has to be grinning from ear to ear when they see the fighters they posses in this monopoly of top fighters

BW-Torres #1 in his weight class
FW- Faber #1 in his weight class
LW- BJ Penn #1 in his weight class
WW- GSP #1 in his wiehgt class
MW- Anderson Silva #1 in his weight class
LHW- Shogun, Jackson, Silva, Liddell, Machida, and even Griffin need I say more?
HW- Big Nog not #1 in the world but as close as it gets with out baggen Fedor.

Simply the best time to be a mixed Martial Arts fan in a long while
ncordless
6/2/08 2:00:32AM

Posted by holt8081

ya thats about right maybe torres at 9 or 10 but that guy is a hell of a fighter. I dont see any body really standing to much of a chance against Faber know.

The need to make the Faber/Yamamoto fight... then I'd agree with you about the winner. The winner would be the top 145er by a long shot.
cmill21
6/2/08 2:12:05AM
I still think Kid demolishes Faber if they meet.
wolfman
6/2/08 2:26:59AM

Posted by cmill21

I still think Kid demolishes Faber if they meet.

Yeah, that's how I feel right now...Yet, I've been wrong before. Gotta love the heart Pulver showed in their fight! Great fight by both fighters, I'm proud to be a Pulver fan! I was kinda pissed that two of the judges scored it 50-44 for Faber. I also thought Faber won every round, but I think it was a slap in Pulver's face to score him an 8 for one of the rounds. Just my two cents.
dannyfrank
6/2/08 12:07:32PM
i am proud of pulver sticking in that fight through the end. i still think that he could have done a little better, but he showed a lot of heart. i was also very impressed with faber in this fight. i respect faber so much more now after seeing that fight
CantAndleDaRiddum
6/2/08 1:13:41PM
i decided to post on this thread before i changed my fav top 10

Torres will now be #10 replacing Josh Barnett

i love watching that lil ****** fight

Torres is hard to tell bc i'd like to see him ifght tapia 1st before saying he is p4p top 10