Faber's Illegal Punches

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Faber's Illegal Punches
masodd
6/1/08 11:44:22PM
Did anybody catch in the second round when faber rocked jens, when he punched jens to the back of the head like 15 times, that was crazy that a point wasn't deducted or the fight atleast paused for that
mrkennedy
6/1/08 11:56:08PM
that will chanched nothing to have a point deduction

WAR URIJAH
vince25
6/1/08 11:57:05PM
i thought that was pretty weird. i was sitting here watching it and im like what the hell, thats kind of illegal. i thought he was going to get in trouble but they didn't say anything.
Raykill
6/2/08 12:03:29AM

Posted by masodd

Did anybody catch in the second round when faber rocked jens, when he punched jens to the back of the head like 15 times, that was crazy that a point wasn't deducted or the fight atleast paused for that

Yea, I did notice, I was wondering why nothing was said. But maybe the ref didnt have a good advantage at that point. Guess we will never know.
holt8081
6/2/08 12:05:07AM
Then It must not have been directly in the back of the head but a little of to the side.
DevonFoxy
6/2/08 12:15:05AM

Posted by holt8081

Then It must not have been directly in the back of the head but a little of to the side.

Yea a few probably hit him in the back of the head but more seemed to hit him in the side of the head than anything else for what I saw anyway.
89vision
6/2/08 2:06:28AM
when everyone sees the replay they'll agree that uriah should have been deducted, who cares if jens wouldnt have won it, does that mean there should be favortism? hell no, democracy applies to everything in america (at least it should...........)
loller90278
6/2/08 3:35:35AM
why don't more people bitch at this, rather than the elitexc stoppages.

those were the most blatant illegal strikes to the head i've ever seen.
Kpro
6/2/08 3:40:10AM
I made reference to it in the spoiler forum as it happened. They were blatantly illegal and if no point deduction, there should've at least been a strong warning or a break in the action.

The ref finally warned Urijah (for throat elbows) between the 3rd and 4th round.
chubbud22
6/2/08 3:44:47AM
I said something right when it happened; those were pretty blatent to have not even got warned.
juanez13
6/2/08 7:01:03AM

Posted by Kpro

I made reference to it in the spoiler forum as it happened. They were blatantly illegal and if no point deduction, there should've at least been a strong warning or a break in the action.

The ref finally warned Urijah (for throat elbows) between the 3rd and 4th round.

yea you could see that elbow to the throat hurt jens pretty bad.

bullettdodger
6/2/08 8:08:05AM
I was out of my seat Screaming at the ref in the Arco Arena with a couple thousand Sac-Town Nuthuggers, they boo'd anyone who wasn't from Sacramento, they boo'd when they didn't fight immediately , literally i was sitting next to some asshole who couldn't hold is beer for god's sake and he would even boo when the event was in between rounds....What im getting at is i definitely feel there was some favoritism involved but that was still a war between two top fighters

My question is this though, if those illegal blows had put Pulver away... should it be a NC, a DQ loss for Faber, or would they just sweep it under the mat and move on with their lives... i don't know
scoozna
6/2/08 9:00:34AM

Posted by Kpro

Yeah - the ref was a bit too timid in this fight. Was it that Josh guy, I can't remember? He needed to take charge...separate them and let Urijah know that the next time any illegal strike happens, he loses a point.

...but the outcome wouldn't have changed.
Rush
6/2/08 10:25:16AM
The online feed was lagging so I didn't see this event (not that I see many events any way lol)

regarding the throat strikes. I was always under the impression that if you want to hit a guy's chin, you aim for the throat because he should have his chin tucked.

Now again, I didn't see the actual fight, but it sounds like the hits to the back of the head should have been dealt with, but I am not so sure about the throat strikes.
casey64
6/2/08 11:36:01AM

Posted by masodd

I did notice this and wondered why nothing was said.
CantAndleDaRiddum
6/2/08 1:10:14PM
still didnt change the outcome of the fight

Jens was putting up a good fight but Faber owned him last night
gamez0932
6/2/08 1:34:14PM
i saw that and was wondering the same thing, why wasnt it paused for jens, they paused it for mir when he faught lesner, but a better ref was reffing that fight, also when jens was hit in the throat in the 4th i think, thats illegal too.....and frank mir needs to hop off of fabers nuts!!!
masodd
6/2/08 5:17:24PM
Pretty much this is what happened in the fight: Pulver got thumbed in the eye, kicked in the nards, hit in the back of the head, and elbowed in the throat.
Mastodon2
6/2/08 5:44:17PM
Worse than Kenny Florian's elbows.

Uriah was flagrantly breaking the rules; whether or not the foul affects the outcome of the fight, a foul is a foul for a reason and should always be treated accordingly.
chickmagnet
6/2/08 7:22:13PM
I didn't have the fight recorded but are you sure they were to the back of the head? It looked like they were to the ear and the temple area. But they were so fast I couldn't really see. If they were that was stupid. They never deducted a point for anything, the throat elbows were deliberate.
Dragonscale
6/3/08 2:06:32PM
Many of the first were in fact to the side of the head, the last three or four were all to the back of the head and neck.
kMMAs
6/3/08 4:13:33PM
yeah, something should have happened....good fight though. Faber was the better fighter that night, but Jens was a beast. That guy can take a punch no doubt.

...and Miguel Torres, entertaining as always that night (off topic but u gotta love watching him fight, always moving never resting)
loonytnt
6/3/08 4:53:46PM
he was doing hammers, some did get him to the back for the head but its hard to hit the guy on the side of the head when he is tryin to tke you down, so i dont think it all that bad now the kimbo fight dont get me started
lebrontheking23
6/4/08 11:54:07PM
yeah i saw it and he definatly hit him in the back of the head like only 3 times or so but most of them were the temple and the side of the head and ear. I didn't think that it was diliberate at all because jens was pullin his leg and almost pulling down and pulling him to the side.