eye poke

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » eye poke
holt8081
8/10/08 12:10:08PM
did you all see the ref poke heath in the eye before the fight.
The_Ho_Bag
8/10/08 12:11:39PM

Posted by holt8081

did you all see the ref poke heath in the eye before the fight.

yup thats why herring lost
juanez13
8/10/08 12:20:09PM

SpiderSilva
8/10/08 12:23:47PM
looked like Mergilagaga was about to poop his pants after that
Pitbull09
8/10/08 1:31:34PM
Yea, maybe thats why his eye swell up after the 1st round.

Or wait, maybe it was when Lesnar threw one punch there
telnights
8/10/08 2:28:35PM
Yeah I'm shocked Dan Miragliotta was even reffing last night. I consider him the worst ref in MMA today. Mazzagatti made the worst call I have ever seen with the hole eye poke issue but at least it wasn't due to favoritism and he admitted his mistake. The only other call I can think of that was just as bad was Kerr vs Vovchanchyn in Pride which was later changed to a NC. But by far some of the worst favoritism I have seen came from Miragliotta in the Kimbo vs JT fight. I can live with mistakes but a ref showing blatant favoritism has no place as a ref.
Jackelope
8/10/08 2:45:47PM

Posted by telnights

Yeah I'm shocked Dan Miragliotta was even reffing last night. I consider him the worst ref in MMA today. Mazzagatti made the worst call I have ever seen with the hole eye poke issue but at least it wasn't due to favoritism and he admitted his mistake. The only other call I can think of that was just as bad was Kerr vs Vovchanchyn in Pride which was later changed to a NC. But by far some of the worst favoritism I have seen came from Miragliotta in the Kimbo vs JT fight. I can live with mistakes but a ref showing blatant favoritism has no place as a ref.

Totally agree.

Miragliotta needs to be banned from reffing completely. There's a reason there's a petition to get rid of him.
bullettdodger
8/10/08 3:29:40PM
There really is only one thing that can save Dan's career as a ref. and that is to be completely invisible until/unless needed for the next ten fights he refs (televised of course). I think if the guy can get a solid run of legitimate refereeing most will forget his indiscretions.
whardin19
8/10/08 5:42:44PM
Herring looked like he wanted to get a warmup fight in before Lesnar. Herring looked seriously pissed about it. What happens if Herring would have kicked his ass? Would that have ran another ref out like in the WWE......lol?
breakdown5
8/10/08 6:04:20PM
I as well was surprised to see him there. You would think that the negative criticism would keep the Athletic Commissions from using him again. Then again it's just a long line of F' ups that the refs make. Dan is a shining example of that. I signed the petition to have him banned from officiating, not that it will probably do anything.
RMFG_187
8/10/08 6:31:37PM
When will you all drop it. Dan is a good ref that has made some mistakes. 2 that I can think of, and Jon Mccarthy has made 2 mistakes in 1 night! Yet he is the greatest Ref to ever live. Just cuz one of the fights involved Kimbo and JT, doesnt mean that he should be taken off as a ref.

go watch the fight again. When JT is landing the bo's in round 2. look at the camera angle we got, and look at the angle that he had. it looked like he was just rubbing elbow on his face from Mergs point of view.

all im saying is forget about it, and give this guy some respect, he has the HARDEST job in the world. and does it damn well.

BTW I saw this guy RNC a fan, has Mazzagoti, yamasaki, mr Boo or any of them done that? Nop.
mrsmiley
8/10/08 6:40:58PM
I wonder if Heath was wearing his contact lenses?
warglory
8/10/08 6:49:56PM
I love the joke Rogan made about it when Goldie commented on the bloody eye. Hilarious.
Mr_Dead_Sexy
8/10/08 7:03:20PM
Maybe Mirgliotta loves hyped fighters? First the Kimbo fight, then poking Heath's eye in the Lesnar fight? Or maybe he's just the worst ref in the biz.
SpiderSilva
8/11/08 12:32:58AM

Posted by juanez13

If you watch Brock makes it fair by poking his own eye

LOL

after closer observations he fakes it
telnights
8/11/08 5:03:46AM

Posted by RMFG_187

When will you all drop it. Dan is a good ref that has made some mistakes. 2 that I can think of, and Jon Mccarthy has made 2 mistakes in 1 night! Yet he is the greatest Ref to ever live. Just cuz one of the fights involved Kimbo and JT, doesnt mean that he should be taken off as a ref.

go watch the fight again. When JT is landing the bo's in round 2. look at the camera angle we got, and look at the angle that he had. it looked like he was just rubbing elbow on his face from Mergs point of view.

all im saying is forget about it, and give this guy some respect, he has the HARDEST job in the world. and does it damn well.

BTW I saw this guy RNC a fan, has Mazzagoti, yamasaki, mr Boo or any of them done that? Nop.

I have watched the fight many times. Dan was very biased in this fight. That wasn't a mistake or a opps, I can live with those. What Dan did was show blatant favoritism. First he stood the fight up when JT was in side mount and he wasn't even there that long. Then JT gets side mount again and before JT has time to do anything really Dan says he is going to stand it up. JT had Kimbo in a crucifix for almost 2 mins dropping elbows on Kimbo and yet again while he should have been stopping the fight he says he is going to stand it up. Now granted they weren't the hardest punch and elbows in the world but he also wasn't just rubbing him. But all that a side there is still the fact Kimbo could not defend himself from JT hitting him for almost half the round. Then after all that he stops the fight standing even though JT had taken Kimbo down 3 times after getting rocked but for some reason this time is different. Oh yeah his ear was bleeding . Then you have to look at the fact one of the judges scored the 2nd round in favor of Kimbo (now that's not Miragliotta fault but its shows there was something shady going on). You also have to think why is it every time Miragliotta says he was going to stand it up happened to be when Jared Shaw (who was the VP of EliteXC at the time) was yelling for him to stand them up. This is the same Jared Shaw that was in the ring hugging on Kimbo and telling him congrats before Kimbo's own corner got in there. One thing would have been no big deal but when you add all these things up there's a big problem and its not just a mistake. Its our job as fans to see this doesn't happen again.

You know whats funny a week later after that fight at UFC 85 Vera gets mounted and is doing a much better job of defending for a lot less time than Kimbo did and Miragliotta jumps in and stops that fight.
holt8081
8/11/08 4:05:17PM

Posted by telnights

Posted by RMFG_187

I have watched the fight many times. Dan was very biased in this fight. That wasn't a mistake or a opps, I can live with those. What Dan did was show blatant favoritism. First he stood the fight up when JT was in side mount and he wasn't even there that long. Then JT gets side mount again and before JT has time to do anything really Dan says he is going to stand it up. JT had Kimbo in a crucifix for almost 2 mins dropping elbows on Kimbo and yet again while he should have been stopping the fight he says he is going to stand it up. Now granted they weren't the hardest punch and elbows in the world but he also wasn't just rubbing him. But all that a side there is still the fact Kimbo could not defend himself from JT hitting him for almost half the round. Then after all that he stops the fight standing even though JT had taken Kimbo down 3 times after getting rocked but for some reason this time is different. Oh yeah his ear was bleeding . Then you have to look at the fact one of the judges scored the 2nd round in favor of Kimbo (now that's not Miragliotta fault but its shows there was something shady going on). You also have to think why is it every time Miragliotta says he was going to stand it up happened to be when Jared Shaw (who was the VP of EliteXC at the time) was yelling for him to stand them up. This is the same Jared Shaw that was in the ring hugging on Kimbo and telling him congrats before Kimbo's own corner got in there. One thing would have been no big deal but when you add all these things up there's a big problem and its not just a mistake. Its our job as fans to see this doesn't happen again.

You know whats funny a week later after that fight at UFC 85 Vera gets mounted and is doing a much better job of defending for a lot less time than Kimbo did and Miragliotta jumps in and stops that fight.

it was not favoritism, he was just doing what the network told him to do and that was to make shure kimbo won that fight.
telnights
8/13/08 5:26:22AM

Posted by holt8081
it was not favoritism, he was just doing what the network told him to do and that was to make shure kimbo won that fight.

Maybe so...But you do know that's still favoritism.