UG explodes after Dana White asks for feedback on Fedor vs. Brock fight

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UG explodes after Dana White asks for feedback on Fedor vs. Brock fight
Next Page »
Gogoplatapus
8/28/12 9:52:00PM
THE UG

A UGer recently posted a hopeful message to UFC President Dana White about making a monumentally theoretical fight between Brock Lesnar and Fedor.

Can Dana sign Brock vs. Fedor?
Brock is a warrior and would be a HUGE favorite. I know he would come back for this fight.
Fedor loves his freak show fights and would have a dominant punching edge.
Brock vs. Fedor would destroy all PPV #'s past and present.
Can Dana make the biggest fight in UFC history happen? This card could also feature GSP's return, and the first girl fight. Rousey v Carano?

White replied:

Is this the fight u guys want to see? Post a thread asking if people want to see this fight.
postman
8/28/12 10:04:34PM
Intresting
BelXavier420
8/28/12 10:39:04PM
Ya Brock vs Fedor and GSP vs Silva, Dana would be my Santa Claus if he got me this for christmas.
KingCmb
8/28/12 11:04:43PM
i refuse to get excited
bjj1605
8/28/12 11:10:03PM
How the hell could anyone not want to see this fight?

Would it be AS BIG as when Brock was a champion and Fedor was undefeated? No.

Is it still huge?? Hell fucking yes.
pmoney
8/28/12 11:11:23PM
How about Brock vs. Fedor, with either a championship superfight or two titles on the line for a UFC 100 style triple main event? Put that show in Cowboys Stadium, watch the records for gate, attendance, PPV #'s etc get destroyed.
tcunningham
8/29/12 12:01:43AM
why would people want this fight so much? brock abandoned our sport for that fake shit, and fedor has proved that he is far beyond his prime. how about retirement parties all around.
Bubbles
8/29/12 12:08:45AM
Dana's handle is dfw jr?
FastKnockout
8/29/12 12:09:36AM
People still care about Lesnar?
Sir_Karl
8/29/12 12:36:22AM
Fedor would knock Brock out in a relatively short time and Rousey would make Carano tap in about 20 seconds. Fedor and Lesnar are old news and they have no relevancy left. These proposed fights are foolish.
Chael_Sonnen
8/29/12 12:45:55AM
I tell you what, if Brock trained liked Vikingr I would say YES - - - he would smash Fedor....again, if Brock groomed his $1.50 haircut like Vikingr I would say YES - - - it would be an easy fight
Cooler
8/29/12 1:36:28AM
Brock vs Fedor breaks the PPV record, even in 2012, make it happen DFW, stop trolling us trying to convince us that Fedor was this overrated shit fighter, we all know you don't believe that.
TeamDEY
8/29/12 1:50:07AM
OMG YESS!!! This would be such a fun fight to watch. Would love to see Fedor in the octagon.
jae_1833
8/29/12 2:21:38AM
Fedor just isnt such a big draw in the US market as most real fans think he should be.....looks too normal, very mild mannered, and lost the only big fights he had in the US. I think Silva vs GSP or Jones would have the numbers that would destroy all.....and these are fights that could actually be made.
RhythmAndStyle
8/29/12 2:48:59AM
yes i would pay money to see Fedor vs Lesnar.
infestructure
8/29/12 3:32:45AM
I too, would pay to see Lesnar and his turtle act one more time

FEDOR
Poor_Franklin
8/29/12 3:59:33AM
i'd totally buy it
Budgellism
8/29/12 4:18:25AM
Hell, I still want to see Fedor/Couture, let alone this fight. I'd be all for it
george112
8/29/12 6:24:26AM
Bring Lesnar on

Fedor by classic armbar
tallica62
8/29/12 7:50:51AM
nifty..is that really dana?
tallica62
8/29/12 7:51:41AM

Posted by infestructure

FEDOR

This pic looks like Cain is comforting Brock saying "Hey man, it's alright. I didn't mean to"
mrsmiley
8/29/12 8:13:20AM
I would pay double for that PPV.
Either brock gets fedor down early and pins him for two rounds until a tko,or Fedor buckles Lesnar's knees in the first minute.
submissionartist1
8/29/12 9:06:26AM
Why so brock can come back all roided up straight outta WWE too little to late dana
kopower
8/29/12 9:51:54AM
I'd watch. It would do huge numbers. The fight may not be that great, but the buzz and media coverage would be huge for the UFC. Don't think it's gonna happen though.
meier
8/29/12 10:22:37AM

Posted by tallica62

Posted by infestructure

FEDOR

This pic looks like Cain is comforting Brock saying "Hey man, it's alright. I didn't mean to"

lol it does
scoozna
8/29/12 11:18:28AM
I wouldn't pay money for it, and would think that it would make a mockery of PPVs. But if it were on Fox/FX I'd definitely be psyched for it. Only if, of course, both fighters were taking it seriously and actually trained for it.
jlock003
8/29/12 11:20:50AM
I'd watch the fight and most of you guys already know I'm sort of a Fedor Hater in general. Before anybody responds to that read my posts in other threads about Fedor and you'll know what I mean. I'm not saying he's not a good fighter/isn't a good person/hasn't done amazing things for the sport etc. so don't assume any of those things just read the other threads and you'll know what I mean.

Now that being said one of my favorite fights (if not my favorite) in UFC history was a fight that once had an incredible amount of hype behind it and had become less of a "significant" fight because neither guy was in the title picture anymore. When Chuck and Wandy fought (despite the fact that Wandy closed out his Pride run with KO losses to Crocop and Hendo while Chuck had been Ko'd by Rampage and decisioned by Jardine) fans still were excited to see the fight. It did good buys but it also had GSP/Hughes on it and was an end of the year card. The fight was an absolute classic though and incredibly exciting.

I feel like Fedor/Lesnar could go like you guys have described it with Lesnar laying on Fedor til he found the room to pummel him, or Fedor could catch Brock early and lay him down and unleash nasty ground and pound. The thing about either of those options.....I want to see it! I want to see what would happen if these two fought. I want to see what would happen if Fedor did beat brock. Would he get another fight? Could he make another run? Would he return to action without those leaches M-1 attached?

What if Lesnar won decisively? Would he return full time? Would he just go back to WWE and give mma fans the ultimate one finger salute? Would he make another run? The point is simply that I want to see it and I'm not the only one. The fight itself could be huge for numbers and we could wind up seeing another Wanderlei/Chuck type of fight.
BillsNewAccount
8/29/12 12:47:43PM
I'd imagine Brock would have to pull out due to a mysterious illness and they would offer Fedor to Jon Jones who would refuse due to cowardice. After which the fight would be offered to Chael. Only Fedor would refuse to fight Chael bc you would have to be insane to want to fight Chael. A week later Dana would announce Ed Herman V Jake Shields main event.
jlock003
8/29/12 1:01:42PM

Posted by BillsNewAccount

I'd imagine Brock would have to pull out due to a mysterious illness and they would offer Fedor to Jon Jones who would refuse due to cowardice. After which the fight would be offered to Chael. Only Fedor would refuse to fight Chael bc you would have to be insane to want to fight Chael. A week later Dana would announce Ed Herman V Jake Shields main event.

Can't prop gotta share the love but I definitely laughed pretty hard at this one.
MMAcca
8/29/12 2:04:10PM

Posted by tallica62

nifty..is that really dana?

Yep it's really him

Dane F****n' White Jr
Pages: [1] 2