Can someone explain this knockout to me?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Can someone explain this knockout to me?
FastKnockout
11/2/11 5:39:29PM
SmileR
11/2/11 5:52:39PM
I hope this doesn't come across as fighter bashing and I'm aware there could be hundreds of different reasons that fight ended but, I think its because he's a diving piece of sh*t.
prophecy033
11/2/11 5:54:05PM
What was that? It didn't look like he even hit him with anything other than a light jab and then he falls down 1-2 seconds later. IDK what to say about that really
shaneTpain
11/2/11 6:07:07PM
wowww first dive ive ever seen in an mma fight!!! did the dude simple bitch-out or was the whole fight crooked? one things for sure, the dude sucks at acting.
FastKnockout
11/2/11 6:47:54PM
The guy's name is Eddy Bengtsson and he retired after the fight. I'm guessing he just wanted a quick paycheck so he took the dive.
TeamDEY
11/2/11 9:32:38PM
pathetic
KungFuMaster
11/3/11 1:40:35AM
Two possible scenarios.
1. He was paid to take a dive.
2. He bet the farm, the house, and the dog on Alexander.

This makes me sick and I have a feeling something like this has already happened in the ufc. Greed is bad for any sport, company, institution or nation.

We need to do away with money but it probably won't happen until at least 200 years from now.
BeeR
11/3/11 8:04:58AM
he was jabbed in the eye, couldnt see, knew he wasnt going to recover, dude didnt want to get pounced on so he went down like he was out to avoid a blind beating
gartface
11/3/11 8:50:38AM
I don't think the whole fight was crooked because Aleks looked rather pissed off.
airkerma
11/3/11 9:05:55AM
This is an easy one...the shooters on the grassy knoll got him.
KungFuMaster
11/3/11 11:55:41AM

Posted by gartface

I don't think the whole fight was crooked because Aleks looked rather pissed off.

What Aleks should have done was jump on him and reign down thunder, rain, and lightning while screaming, " You want to be knocked out eh? Here, take this one........... and this one ...............and this one!"
Theoutlaw08
11/3/11 12:18:20PM
Pretty sure he gave up....he was faking. What a flop bum.
FastKnockout
11/3/11 1:03:38PM

Posted by BeeR

he was jabbed in the eye, couldnt see, knew he wasnt going to recover, dude didnt want to get pounced on so he went down like he was out to avoid a blind beating

And pretended to be unconscious for 20-30 seconds?
FastKnockout
11/3/11 1:04:46PM

Posted by gartface

Yeah, he did. You could tell Aleks thought it was pathetic, and I can't blame him.
BeeR
11/3/11 2:22:12PM

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by BeeR

yeah, to play it up.
Whats he going to do, stand right up and skip out of the ring? Its eastern russia, he'd be shot before he made the 3rd row

if he was paid to dive, he wouldnt do it on a shot like that, his family would be pig food
warglory
11/3/11 6:31:29PM

Posted by BeeR

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by BeeR

yeah, to play it up.
Whats he going to do, stand right up and skip out of the ring? Its eastern russia, he'd be shot before he made the 3rd row

if he was paid to dive, he wouldnt do it on a shot like that, his family would be pig food

I kinda agree with this. It seemed like he took a second to consider his options. He didn't want to bow out because of an eye poke against an Emelianenko. There are probably a ton of things riding on a Russian fighter that Americans just don't have to worry about.
Aether
11/3/11 7:25:51PM

Posted by BeeR

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by BeeR

yeah, to play it up.

This is what I thought as well. As soon as I saw the punch and the way he was holding his face I was like "OK, he must've just caught the edge of the glove in the eye or something like that." I was pretty confused when he let his arm drop to the mat like he was unconscious, but it makes sense that he would do that to avoid just getting pummeled while he has no vision and can't defend.

I don't think it was a straight dive, the punch does connect, you can see his head move back and him grab at his eye right away. He obviously wasn't out, but I think that he was just trying to avoid taking unnecessary damage, knowing he couldn't see anything.
armbar66j7
11/6/11 1:42:28AM
it doesnt have to be a "dive" if the guy just didnt know what he was getting him self into, he obviously looked nervous, he probably just thought he got hit and just went with it cuz he didnt wanna get messed up, not everyone can step in there and NOT be afraid, it happens

but this reminds me of travis lutter vis marvin eastman, a lot, iwatch both fights back to back,i mean eastman ws out, but i thought forever that lutter didnt hit him, i was convinced