PLEASE explain this to me!!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » PLEASE explain this to me!!
Stickan
10/30/07 11:57:23AM
Can you please explain to me how a guy like Jason Reinhardt is able to fight the cans he's fighting. How does a promoter draw interest to a bout between an 0-3 Ed Meyers and a 15-0 Reinhardt?
Just look at the records of his latest opponents at the time he was facing them... It's pathetic.

1-0
0-0 (good first fight against a 16-0 fighter?)
0-3
0-4
0-0
0-0
1-2
0-0
0-0
0-0

To say that Joe Lauzon is a step-up in competition is the understatement of the century. These promoters should be shot. Seriously. Just kill them already.

No wonder why Jason Reinhardt is now 18-0
It's stunts like these from the promoters that's going to get someone killed in MMA.

Joe Lauzon is gonna expose Reinhardt like a new blood test would expose Tommy Morrison as HIV-positive.
jgordon85
10/30/07 12:06:08PM
a persons record can look good but really be BS like in this case. and he is getting old. i was going to pick him until i saw the the level of people that he fought.
HulkRage
10/30/07 12:22:55PM
I cn't explain it, but he will be exposed.
It makes for a good wager though.
szucconi
10/30/07 12:36:59PM
Reinhardt may or may not be good. You can't tell from his record. He tried out for TUF 5 and didn't make the cut. I would assume because of the level of competition he has faced and his weight (fights at 135). Reinhardt is really coming in at an unknown level. Its a win-win for the UFC. Joe kills Reinhardt and the TUF guy beats up the guy with no losses. Joe wins v. Reinhardt, but Reinhardt has a good showing. Reinhardt then might go to WEC and go back to fighting at 135 (I want this to happen). Reinhardt knocks off Lauzon. This would give Reinhardt instant street cred. Any way it goes down we will see more of Reinhardt.
faille
10/30/07 1:23:23PM
Does look pretty pathetic, I agree.
warglory
10/30/07 1:56:39PM
I hope Lauzon walks over Reinhardt.
ohiostate1016
10/30/07 2:19:32PM
I think that J-Lau is gonna kill him. Thanks for doing that research for me...
cowcatcher
10/30/07 2:36:43PM
a lot of times a guys trainer is also the guy promoting most of his shows, rich clementi is an example of a trainer/promoter that many fans know. he puts on shows in louisiana using guys he trains and then brings in area gyms' fighters to put against them. basically on smaller shows you fight local boys that arent always up to snuff with the elite locally.
tuvok500
10/30/07 6:45:58PM
well, i really hope that they will forget to close the door of the octogon because otherwise we may see the first guy jumping over the fence to avoid being kill !!

DevonFoxy
10/30/07 7:28:31PM
yea i saw this a lil bit ago when i was wondering who the guy was. People were asking why Jason was such a huge underdog well.....here you ago. i think Reinhardt will take him down and Joe will submit him.
DCRage
10/30/07 7:39:21PM
I initially picked Lauzon but then I took a closer look at Reinhardt's record and changed my pick to Reinhardt. He rocks J-Lau with one good stiff shot and it's probably over.
(He's gotta be juicing. No way he can be a Lightweight and look like a more ripped Sean Sherk)
MALICE
10/30/07 7:57:43PM
Many times a fighters record can be deceiving. I think this is one of those times.
Mastodon2
10/30/07 8:21:40PM

Posted by xxMALICExx

Many times a fighters record can be deceiving. I think this is one of those times.

Deceiving because you think that despite the crap competition he has faced he is still a quality fighter, or deceiving because at first glance he looks a bit good?
MALICE
10/30/07 8:56:44PM

Posted by Mastodon2

Posted by xxMALICExx

Deceiving because you think that despite the crap competition he has faced he is still a quality fighter, or deceiving because at first glance he looks a bit good?

It can be deceiving both ways, but in this case I mean, I don't think he is as good a quality fighter as his record shows him to be. 8 out of his 18 fights, it was his opponents first professional fight. 7 more of his opponents had only 1 professional win, with 3,4,or 5 losses to go with that win. 2 more of his opponents 5-5, and a 3-3 record. 1 of his opponents had a winning record of 21-14, or something close to that. He has a 100% finish rate. 4 TKO's, and 14 submissions. All within the 1st or 2nd round. All of this impressive, except for the level of talent he is fighting. He may be a decent fighter, but at first glance his record is very deceiving. Look deeper and it is not as impressive.
jgordon85
10/31/07 4:47:30AM

Posted by DCRage

I initially picked Lauzon but then I took a closer look at Reinhardt's record and changed my pick to Reinhardt. He rocks J-Lau with one good stiff shot and it's probably over.
(He's gotta be juicing. No way he can be a Lightweight and look like a more ripped Sean Sherk)

i am not defending him but he use to be a professional body builder.
Stickan
10/31/07 5:45:27AM

Posted by DCRage

I initially picked Lauzon but then I took a closer look at Reinhardt's record and changed my pick to Reinhardt. ...

That doesn't make sense at all ...
faille
10/31/07 12:17:07PM

Posted by Stickan

Posted by DCRage

I initially picked Lauzon but then I took a closer look at Reinhardt's record and changed my pick to Reinhardt. ...

That doesn't make sense at all ...

Manfred
11/1/07 2:46:48AM
I'd pick Joe against most of the lower level LWs anyways, but I'm definately picking him here. He had skill before meeting BJ and he's only going to get better.

As far as Reinhardt is concerned, just because he's fought only cans, doesn't mean HE is a can. He been training at MFS so (while it's not the same as a real fight) he's been sparring with Jens/Huerta/Hughes and guys like that for years.