My UFC 87 Experience

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » My UFC 87 Experience
Bowen50
8/11/08 1:47:23AM
UFC 87 was absolutely amazing. All of the fights were great and you can't go wrong with GSP's utter destruction of Fitch. Fitch has been one of my favorites along with GSP but GSPis my top obviously. Fitch deserves nothing but respect for what he showed. he has the heart of a champion. he just would not give up. i can't believe how GSP improves every time we see him.

other than the fights my 5 days in Minneapolis were awesome. i ended up staying at the same hotel as all of the fighters. the highlight of my trip other that the fights had to be meeting Wanderlei. he had just got off the elevator and was walking towards me and we made eye contact and i just went "WANDERLEI!!!!!" and he put his hand out smiled and gave me a hug hahaha. i got a picture with him. he is probably one of the nicest people i have ever met. he showed nothing but love for all of his fans. he didn't turn down any pictures or autographs from anyone and he constantly had a smile on he face. i also met Clay Guida, Sean Sherk, and Matt Hughes. Clay was defintily the coolest out of all of them. just an all around likeable person.

i went to the UFC Fight Club Q&A with Dana and Amir which was awesome. the had 2 mics set up and anyone could get up and ask either one a question. the funniest part (which i got on video) was when this Tito freak asked Dana why he couldn't be the bigger man and just not respond to anything Tito said. Dana proceeded to rip this woman a new asshole for about 3 minutes and 30 seconds. it was ****** hilarious.

i also encountered one of the scariest moments of my life. my brother, dad, and I were walking to a resturant to get some dinner and i see a guy that looks like Lyoto Machida walking down the sidewalk. hes kind of far away so i couldn't really tell if it was him or not so i was staring at him and as he got closer i realized it was him but i didn't say anything and we made eye contact. we held eye contact until our backs were towards eachother and for some reason he looked like he wanted to tear my head off. hahaha scariest moment of my life.

this morning before leaving the hotel i saw Fitch come down into the lobby. his face was pretty messed up and i wanted to stop him and show him some support but i just figured i'd leave him alone because he looked pretty disappointed. GSP is and will always be my favorite fighter but i have been following Fitch even since he came into the UFC. the heart and determination to keep pushing forward Fitch showed in that fight was amazing. next to Wanderlei, he is the toughest mo fo in the UFC. i have absolutely nothing but respect for what he did saturday night.

2nd picture was taken from where i sat
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1 Photo Attachment 2
cloppio
8/11/08 2:50:42AM
awesome pics man. u should get the first one framed up.
skatenate
8/11/08 5:24:01AM
what a ****** experience.
DCRage
8/11/08 6:43:02AM
UFC tickets: $200
Food, drinks, souvenirs: $100
Earplugs: $5
Meeting a UFC fighter in person and him being nice enough to have his picture taken with you: Way beyond priceless.
Makes me wish UFC would be able to find a way to get to DC, certainly sounds like the couple hundred bucks I'd spend on it would be so worth it to see it in person. That's a great pic of you with Wandy, don't ever lose that pic.
prozacnation1978
8/11/08 10:38:24AM
yeah
when i went to ufc 86 i went to starbucks and ran into ken flo there
i just shook his hand and told him i hope he gets his title shot. i didn't bother him for a pic or autograph i think they have enough fans as it is doing that.and no one seemed to notice who he was.

i always have a great story to tell while i am there, i am going to ufc 90 in chicago as well as 92 to vegas so i hope i can meet some more fighters as well

great pics by the way
Bowen50
8/11/08 12:37:14PM
thanks guys. it was really one of the greatest experiences of my life.
mk1630
8/11/08 1:49:07PM
Solid seats man. Sounds like a great time.
Raykill
8/11/08 3:08:58PM
Too cool brother. Nice seats. Are you going to post the vid of Dana going off on that chick? I cant wait to see that.
Bowen50
8/11/08 3:25:35PM

Posted by Raykill

Too cool brother. Nice seats. Are you going to post the vid of Dana going off on that chick? I cant wait to see that.

i'm going to try. its on my cell phone so its bad video quality but all you need it the audi really and thats really good. only problem is getting it from my phone on to the computer because its to big to send in an e mail. i'll figure it out eventually. i'll probably have it on some time today.
Raykill
8/11/08 11:40:39PM

Posted by Bowen50

Posted by Raykill

i'm going to try. its on my cell phone so its bad video quality but all you need it the audi really and thats really good. only problem is getting it from my phone on to the computer because its to big to send in an e mail. i'll figure it out eventually. i'll probably have it on some time today.

Wish I could prop you again. that was too funny. But damn I wanted to pop that lady one so she would just shutup. How many times can she say the same thing over and over???
kopower
8/12/08 1:04:26AM
I also went to 87 and it was cool as hell. The press conference on Thursday was cool and Dana stayed for like 3 hours after signing autographs and taking pics with everyone. Friday was cool too expecially after the weigh ins at the fight club party and The Hard Rock. Rampage stopped by for like an hour and he was cool as hell. He sat right at the bar and hard a beer after he was done taking pics with everyone. Also met Herring later that night and he was super friendly.

It was a great weekend for me
Autographs-Dana,Machida,Sherk,Hughes,Amir,Guida,Serra
Pics-Rampage,Dana,Herring,Guida

And yes, Dana totally destroyed the Tito chick at the Q&A. Funny as hell
The_Ho_Bag
8/12/08 10:31:54PM
goddayum u bowen -_- aha