The Expendables

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » The Expendables
DCRage
8/25/10 2:41:17PM
Just finally was able to see it today (nothing like a free bargain matinee-had a gift card that, despite being 20 months old, still had it's full value on it, saving me $5). Overall quite a good film, I hoped for a little more out of some of the cahracters andit slowed down too much in the middle but still a lot of fun. The one-liners at the start were fantastic, especially when Sly & AH-nuld were in their scene together, Arnold took a fun shot at Sly's work in the Rambos and at the end Sly & Bruce Willis on why Arnold turned the job down: "He wants to be President". Perhaps the line of the film. Would've liked to see more of Couture & Steve Austin but overall they played fairly well to each of the guys' backgrounds and prior movies, and the last big long battle sequence was awesome. Good way to spend a couple hours, go see it if you haven't already. 8 out of 10.
papercut
8/25/10 4:14:18PM
I agree. Its a great man-movie. one of my friends that had seen it before me said I would have a "man-gasm" from all the action. and he was correct. I'm just glad it didnt end up like G.I. Joe and kinda have to much action and not enough story. I felt this movie was a good balance.
Copenhagen
8/25/10 5:10:51PM
I saw it last week.
Luckily, I didn't watch it sober, so I enjoyed the movie. Although, had I not gotten super stoned beforehand, I would have probably thought it was crap.
Zero plot + explosions, guns, and dialogue that was so ridiculously written it was funny = this movie.
The best part was when the guy pulls out the auto-shotgun.
tcunningham
8/25/10 5:34:31PM
yeah it was OK. if you go into that movie hoping to see the best movie of the year youll be disapointed. but if you go in expecting some corny oneliners and a sh!tload of violence than you'll really enjoy it.
DCRage
8/25/10 7:20:06PM
I mainly wanted to see both Stallone & Schwarzenegger onscreen at the same time together, that was really cool. That and just the chance to see almost every big-name action star of my lifetime together in one movie, with Austin & Couture thrown in for good measure. All that was really missing was Seagal & Van Damme.
SmileR
8/25/10 7:23:31PM
I hope you all noticed Big Nog in there!
Jackelope
8/25/10 7:55:28PM

Posted by SmileR

and Lil' Nog!

Movie was great. Mangasm for sure. F plots. Even though the plot wasn't bad for this movie, lol.

Nothing like a movie that doesn't try to make a political statement or waste too much time on love. I say if you have a good people getting shot to kisses given in the name of love ratio of 100:1 you're golden. This movie succeeded my expectations as far as that went
SmileR
8/25/10 8:39:52PM

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by SmileR

and Lil' Nog!

Movie was great. Mangasm for sure. F plots. Even though the plot wasn't bad for this movie, lol.

Nothing like a movie that doesn't try to make a political statement or waste too much time on love. I say if you have a good people getting shot to kisses given in the name of love ratio of 100:1 you're golden. This movie succeeded my expectations as far as that went

Dam right!! What more an you ask from a film when it already gave you Randy Couture KO'ing Stone Cold with a superman punch while Stone Cold is on fire!