Exclusive: Sean Sherk Talks Steroid Allegations, Says BJ Penn “Doesn’t Know What It’s Like” to Train Hard

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Exclusive: Sean Sherk Talks Steroid Allegations, Says BJ Penn “Doesn’t Know What It’s Like” to Train Hard
Next Page »
Bemin
5/13/08 1:26:01PM
Sean Sherk isn’t what most would call a fan favorite. Sure, he has his hardcore contingent of supporters, but even when he reigned as the UFC lightweight champ he faced criticism from detractors who found his style of fighting less than enthralling to watch. That criticism reached a fever pitch after a positive steroid test following his title defense against Hermes Franca last summer, which resulted in Sherk being stripped of the title.

“The Muscle Shark” has repeatedly professed his innocence on the steroid charge, filing an appeal with the CSAC and taking repeated polygraph tests to try and clear his name. Now the former UFC lightweight champion talks with Cage Potato about the steroid accusations, his attempts to prove his innocence, and the war of words with current title-holder B.J. Penn, as they prepare to meet in the Octagon at UFC 84.

Link
Raykill
5/13/08 1:29:49PM
Thank you for the link.
thatfedorsohotrightnow
5/13/08 1:44:00PM
I can't wait until BJ kills Shrek.
bigbubbano23
5/13/08 1:45:24PM
i really don't see how people can dislike him for what he was accused of doing. he is by far one of the most interesting fighters to watch when he's in the cage because he's so explosive.
CantAndleDaRiddum
5/13/08 1:55:53PM

Posted by bigbubbano23

i really don't see how people can dislike him for what he was accused of doing. he is by far one of the most interesting fighters to watch when he's in the cage because he's so explosive.

lets agree to disagree
thatfedorsohotrightnow
5/13/08 1:59:03PM

Posted by bigbubbano23

Shrek is interesting? A notorious lay and prayer? A guy with one way to win?
People don't like him because he cheated and then lied about it. He is not accused of roiding, he was ruled guilty of rioding.
Are you in so much denial that you still say he is only accused of roiding? Dana did strip him of the belt.
Maybe he is so explosive from the roids?
Shawn17
5/13/08 1:59:43PM
like I said before BJ Penn via TKO(Death) 3:47 round 3.
CantAndleDaRiddum
5/13/08 2:16:25PM

Posted by thatfedorsohotrightnow

Posted by bigbubbano23

People don't like him because he cheated and then lied about it. He is not accused of roiding, he was ruled guilty of rioding.

wrona666
5/13/08 2:23:41PM
I cant wait till BJ rips his arm off then beats him with it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
tepid55
5/13/08 3:19:20PM
BJ has no chance of winning this fight.
coldchillin
5/13/08 3:36:49PM
Sean Sherk ain't Joe Stevenson... BJ Penn will not run through Sherk as easily as most are thinking. Sherk is relentless with his takedowns and I expect to see an all-out war... Sherk can grind out a 5 round decision. I've seen Penn falter in the later rounds so Penn needs to impose his will on Sherk right away. I can see Penn kicking his ass for the first few rounds and then Sherk taking over in the later rounds... could end up being a controversial decision.
Pookie
5/13/08 3:46:03PM

Posted by tepid55

thatfedorsohotrightnow
5/13/08 5:35:39PM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by tepid55

And Fedor isn't top 10.

The #1 light weight in the world has no chance. LOL
JimiMak
5/13/08 5:54:39PM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by tepid55

wrona666
5/13/08 6:46:29PM

Posted by tepid55

You must be a Wrestler.....?
ThaAxeMurderer7
5/13/08 7:18:59PM

Posted by Shawn17

I don't think I have ever seen anybody predict the time.
SmileR
5/13/08 8:08:14PM

Posted by thatfedorsohotrightnow

Shrek is interesting? A notorious lay and prayer? A guy with one way to win?
Are you in so much denial that you still say he is only accused of roiding? Dana did strip him of the belt.
Maybe he is so explosive from the roids?

I'm not saying Sherk is interesting and i'll agree with you 100% that he's a lay and prayer and pretty much does have one way to win.
But i seriously doubt he took the steroids. His test was only just positive as apose to anyone else who has been caught where the levels are sky high.
He also took lie detector tests and spend thousands of his own money trying to get the case reviewed in a public court. This to me doesn't look like a guilty man. Also he still looks HUGE for a LW and i'll bet he is just as explosive.
I'm not saying everyone should just start to love him but with all the evidence he's got people should give him the benefit of the doubt.
thesteven5918
5/13/08 8:28:19PM
Penn is gonna try to do damage but i keep thinking and looking but i just cant see how penn can win i beleive its sherk ball game.... as far as roids dont think so either or else he woulda just took his punishment and saved his money and not take polygraph tests..... no matter thye case hes clean now and was clean in all his other fights so should be good...... as far as lay and pray goes kenny, diaz , and franca are tough ppl to beat and hes beaten ppl by ground and pound and submission...
JimiMak
5/13/08 8:29:12PM
He was caught. Get over it.
tepid55
5/13/08 8:39:35PM
A lot of people are underestimating Sherk's standup and submission skills.
89vision
5/13/08 9:00:42PM
lol to the sherk fans saying only bj is talkin shit lol

BJ, 1st 2nd or 3rd round by whatever he wants
quezocrema0032
5/13/08 9:05:03PM
Bj penn drops him in the 1st min of the fight and taps him out after a brutal beating late 1st round .... and sherks saying hes never been broken he and just cuz he didnt tap hes never been broken psst he looked broken against st pierre 2 me ... and penn was not broken against hughes sherk made it seem like hughes broke his will penn was kicking hughes ass that fite ! lay and pray isnt good for mma so penn will do us all a favor in under a round =D
Aether
5/14/08 1:13:00AM
This fight is difficult to call mostly just because it is going to be a 5 rounder... I have a hard time seeing sherk win the first 2 rounds, but once it gets into the third rounds and beyond it's difficult to believe BJs conditioning has improved enough to keep the pace he will need to keep to stuff sherk's takedowns.

Sherk is like a smaller and less well rounded version of matt hughes IMO, and I don't think that he'll be able to take BJ down early in the fight any more than hughes or GSP were able to, BJ's standup is superior, so he'll probably spend the first 2 rounds or so stuffing takedowns and out-boxing him. If BJs cardio isn't as improved as it needs to be I can see him expending all of his energy stuffing takedowns in the first 2 rounds and then just getting layed on for a close decision loss.

I guess I see this going either way with BJs cardio being the deciding factor. I'm rooting for BJ and I believe he will win, but I can easily see him gassing and losing a decision in a 5 rounder.
tdietel01
5/14/08 8:55:55AM
i guess im the only one that thinks bj is slightly overrated...... LnP is boring but the point of mma is not to entertain everyone outside of the octogon, it is to beat the one person inside the octogon! i'll take sherk ud!
D0wnUnd6e6r
5/14/08 8:59:52AM

Posted by ThaAxeMurderer7

Posted by Shawn17

I don't think I have ever seen anybody predict the time.

Or death lol
89vision
5/15/08 4:09:10AM

Posted by tibbs420

why doesnt everyone just hop on bj penns small asian pen!s already.....Sherk 4th round ground n pound kayo

hawaiian = asian ????? sean is that you?
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
EON
5/16/08 7:09:36PM

Posted by tibbs420

hey...your little troll there looks similar to bj penn

fail
tibbs420
5/22/08 3:05:30PM
u failed...at pleasuring your woman...
Red-Dragon
5/22/08 4:24:35PM

Posted by tibbs420

Yeah but I didnt fail at pleasuring yours troll.

By the way I owe her 20 quid for that. I bet she couldnt take it all the way down.

I lost.

EON
5/30/08 5:15:11PM

Posted by tibbs420

little stoner kid, go back to sherdog

btw nice pick with the Sherk 4th round choice

Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
Pages: [1] 2