5 Oz. Exclusive: Former PRIDE V.P. Millen speaks out about UFC’s Handling of Possible Liddell vs. Silva Match

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » 5 Oz. Exclusive: Former PRIDE V.P. Millen speaks out about UFC’s Handling of Possible Liddell vs. Silva Match
zephead
9/26/07 1:50:38PM
FiveOuncesOfPain.com contacted former PRIDE USA V.P. Jerry Millen to get his reaction on Chuck Liddell’s recent unanimous decision loss to Keith Jardine at UFC 76, which potentially spoiled another shot at a long-awaited dreamatch between Liddell and former PRIDE middleweight champion Wanderlei Silva.

LINK
Rush
9/26/07 1:55:26PM
I hate to say it by JM has a point (at least his first point about Chuck and Wanderlei).
cowcatcher
9/26/07 2:11:18PM
i just cant wait to hear danas f-bomb laden response
nastshabast
9/26/07 2:30:32PM
who realyy would want to see that now? even if chuck didn't fight jardine it's a crap fight anyway now chuck is done son
wrona666
9/26/07 2:52:49PM
I think it would be a huge mistake for Chuck if he took a fight with Wanderlei right now even though i am a huge fan of Chucks. If he was to fight Wanderlei at this point and time it would be a brutal KO from Wanderlei. Chuck will need a few wins to build his confidence level back up before he should fight a caliber of fighter like Wanderlei. I know Wanderlei has two losses in a row, but i have never seen a lackluster performance from him like Chucks performance against Jardine.
bezun
9/26/07 3:20:28PM
I still think that they are afraid of chuck losing to wandy and subsequently being canned for losing three fights. I'm sure that since dana is his manager, he will do what he can to save his poster boys career. Another thing is that dana wont get rid of chuck even if he did lose his next fight and that would piss off tons of people. this is all IMO but i think its a valid point.
I think we can look forward to a match up more along the lines of chuck vs. Alexander or Marvin Eastman or something gay like that.
billycarnage
9/26/07 3:33:06PM
Liddell Silva still makes a lot of sense but it will never be the Champ vs Champ fight that everyone wanted to see. I think it should happen cause they are both in the same boat except-
Wandy gets a clean slate with a UFC contract and and Liddell is drowning in his last two defeats.
Liddell is at home in the Octagon and Silva has to worry about the transition.

That said if the fight happens I give it to Silva because Couture will return the favor and help him train and be prepared for Chuck.

This would prove Dana wrong. I hope it goes down.
billycarnage
9/26/07 3:36:50PM

Posted by bezun

I still think that they are afraid of chuck losing to wandy and subsequently being canned for losing three fights. I'm sure that since dana is his manager, he will do what he can to save his poster boys career. Another thing is that dana wont get rid of chuck even if he did lose his next fight and that would piss off tons of people. this is all IMO but i think its a valid point.
I think we can look forward to a match up more along the lines of chuck vs. Alexander or Marvin Eastman or something gay like that.

I agree with you dude, Dana is going to protect his career.
szucconi
9/26/07 3:46:02PM

Posted by bezun
I'm sure that since dana is his manager, he will do what he can to save his poster boys career.

Dana was his manager, but is not anymore. He had to stop managing fighters when he became president. Your point is still valid if you consider Chuck and Dana's relationship as friends, but he is no longer Liddell's manager.
bezun
9/26/07 3:52:24PM
I did not know that. Still, there is no way they will risk losing him. Look for a couple of gimmie fights. Bisping would be a fun match up though.
GrandMaster313
9/26/07 4:38:13PM
you know something I have talked to a couple people who are on "DANA's PAYROLL" (work with the UFC *Non-fighters*)and from what i've gathered Dana and Chuck got in a huge Arguement a day before the match with Jardine. What it was about I do not know but if it is true that might have played a roll in the poor performance we all saw on Saturday. I just think a fighter like Chuck Liddell has NO EXcuse for not knocking Jardine out !
Ogre365
9/26/07 5:45:43PM
I'm agreeing with Rush, other than the point Millen made about Liddell vs. Silva the articleis just one guy dissing his competition.

Millen is just butthurt that the UFC acquired his company.
Tardpie
9/26/07 8:03:11PM

Chuck Liddell’s recent unanimous decision loss

Suprised no one caught this mistake.

It was a split decision.
jae_1833
9/26/07 11:04:47PM
Dudes got a good point, Chuck didn't need to fight Jardine, there were other fighters in line for Jardine. Now Wandy and Chuck is probably blown...Chuck after losing could have used the break to train specifically for Wandy and really made into a good match!! Now the road to that fight is all F-ED up!!
CwB
9/27/07 3:45:13AM
WOW what an idiot, millen should keep his mouth shut from now on. he made no sense at all.

as much as we blame dana for not saving chuck for a couple months for him and wandy to fight in november he still tried to make it happen in september and when wanderlei said no for personal reasons (completely understandable) he still tried to make it happen in december.

so we can say dana blew it but he did try twice, plus it may still happen in december we will just have to wait and see.

The chuck vs wandy fight is cursed whether it is prides ex pres or dana or wandy taking a break or chuck losing, this fight is doomed to never happened. even though i still have a little faith.
Biggee
9/27/07 10:42:53AM

Posted by CwB

WOW what an idiot, millen should keep his mouth shut from now on. he made no sense at all.

as much as we blame dana for not saving chuck for a couple months for him and wandy to fight in november he still tried to make it happen in september and when wanderlei said no for personal reasons (completely understandable) he still tried to make it happen in december.

so we can say dana blew it but he did try twice, plus it may still happen in december we will just have to wait and see.

The chuck vs wandy fight is cursed whether it is prides ex pres or dana or wandy taking a break or chuck losing, this fight is doomed to never happened. even though i still have a little faith.

First off, the guy really didnt say anything that bad. He clearly covered why shogun/crocop had such big problems. Especially cro cop, not knowing elbows really because he never used them nor needed them, and the proven fact that cro cop likes to trap them in the corner, but there is no corner to trap someone in, in the cage.

Secondly, I'm sorry, but Wandy said he had to wait and that he would fight chuck in december, yet DANA trying to keep his boy wouldnt let it happen. Don't get me wrong, dana set up the jardine fight knowing that chuck would knock out jardine and then wandy and liddell would fight. Yet, he was mistaken, chuck didnt look the same, jardine handled him very easily in my eyes. I think chucks problem by the way, was that jardine ducked so low when he came in, and it made it hard for chuck to counter.

I think DANA is a prick, liar, and cheat. I hated the way that he could never set up a fight w/chuck and wandy. I'm sorry but the last time they said they were going to fight, it was all over Wandy's website, yet, there was nothing about it on UFC. Also, when he signed Wandy, i wish wandy would of just socked him in the face, he looked like an idiot. F*** DANA WHITE!