Exclusive: Lyoto Machida Talks Challengers, Title Shot

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Exclusive: Lyoto Machida Talks Challengers, Title Shot
MMAcca
12/4/08 5:53:02PM
Lyoto Machida has become one of the most polarizing figures in MMA today, and somehow, he's done it without opening his mouth. (Take note, Tito.) His incredible fighting ability coupled with a defensive style has stymied opponents and unnerved fans alike. He now takes a moment to address these issues among others in a Bloody Elbow exclusive. Enjoy the interview; he doesn't give many.

LINK
Wolfenstein
12/4/08 6:06:21PM
Hedoes a really good interview "When the talent meets the opportunity: BOOM, new champion." I liked that quote especially.

Always humble and patient for his oppurtunity come along. Not only do I think he's going to be the #1 P4P fighter in time, but I think he also has that aura of what a true martial artist is, and how a true martial artist should conduct himself.
EpicTerran
12/4/08 6:34:07PM
wow that is the cockiest I have ever seen Machida, I think he's pissed he hasn't got a title shot yet
grappler0000
12/4/08 6:42:14PM
Wow...interview of the year!
cmill21
12/4/08 6:51:31PM
I think his downfall would be the agressive strikers with chins. I would like to see him fight Shogun and Wand. I think he would kick Rampage's leg off.
Pookie
12/4/08 7:09:31PM

Posted by cmill21

I think his downfall would be the agressive strikers with chins. I would like to see him fight Shogun and Wand. I think he would kick Rampage's leg off.

I would actually give Rampage a better chance against Lyoto than Wanderlei. Wanderlei doesnt move when he throws and hell need too, to get inside on lyoto to bomb him. Rampage on the other hand usually bursts forward with his punches. I could see him landing more than anyone thats faced lyoto so far.
StorminYourman
12/4/08 8:37:21PM

Posted by Pookie

Posted by cmill21

I would actually give Rampage a better chance against Lyoto than Wanderlei. Wanderlei doesnt move when he throws and hell need too, to get inside on lyoto to bomb him. Rampage on the other hand usually bursts forward with his punches. I could see him landing more than anyone thats faced lyoto so far.

great interview
he is humble yet very confident
GrandMaster313
12/4/08 9:55:29PM
If they were smart they would have made Machida/Evans battle of the undefeateds. Maybe bad timing but that would be cool.
cmill21
12/4/08 10:05:07PM

Posted by GrandMaster313

If they were smart they would have made Machida/Evans battle of the undefeateds. Maybe bad timing but that would be cool.

Already is when he fights Thiago.
bojangalz
12/4/08 10:40:16PM
I'm slowly coming around on Machida. I'm probably looking forward to his upcoming fight with Silva more than just about any other fight already booked. If he does to Thiago what he did to Tito, I'll be a believer.

This was a pretty good interview though. Props to the Dragon for laying off of the standard cliches'. He obviously hasn't spent enough time in the US yet. Otherwise all we would have got out of him would be "me toughest opponent is my next opponent" bla, bla, bla. This was pretty refreshing.
EvenFlow
12/4/08 11:20:55PM
His name will be mentioned in history along with The Spider and Fedor as legends and champ sometime in late '09 early '10. I agree with every word he said in this interview and explains a lot of things I've told to Lyoto haters.

I still think Wand will be champ in '09 and I think he'll take it from Rashad or Forrest but I feel that Lyoto vs Wand is the best LH fight there is right now and I cant wait to see that. Unless Shogun goes back to his destructive ways this wont change for awhile
crushedbacon
12/5/08 2:36:31AM

Posted by StorminYourman

Posted by Pookie

Posted by cmill21

great interview

I'm not to sure humble would be accurate....LOL. I think Thiago is gonna open some eyes, and there ain't no way Machida comes out of that fight without a scratch on him.
StorminYourman
12/5/08 5:12:44AM

Posted by crushedbacon

Posted by StorminYourman

Posted by Pookie

Posted by cmill21

great interview

I'm not to sure humble would be accurate....LOL. I think Thiago is gonna open some eyes, and there ain't no way Machida comes out of that fight without a scratch on him.

This should be an intriguing and great fight by two dynamic and contrasting styles.
The fans should are the true winners for this awsome match up!
Chieftan1997
12/5/08 10:17:14AM
The UFC is waiting to give this guy his shot because some people think he's boring to watch. As soon as he gets his shot I believe he'll be the champ no matter who he faces!!!
Amigop
12/5/08 3:34:57PM

Posted by EvenFlow

His name will be mentioned in history along with The Spider and Fedor as legends and champ sometime in late '09 early '10. I agree with every word he said in this interview and explains a lot of things I've told to Lyoto haters.

I still think Wand will be champ in '09 and I think he'll take it from Rashad or Forrest but I feel that Lyoto vs Wand is the best LH fight there is right now and I cant wait to see that. Unless Shogun goes back to his destructive ways this wont change for awhile

The best lhw match up would definatly be Shogun vs. Wand. Pride style,