Exclusive: Fedor Emelianenko vs. Andrei Arlovski On January Affliction Show

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Exclusive: Fedor Emelianenko vs. Andrei Arlovski On January Affliction Show
Next Page »
nickcuc547
10/10/08 3:04:16PM
MMARated.com has learned that WAMMA heavyweight champion Fedor Emelianenko will face Andrei Arlovski at the upcoming Affliction show tentatively scheduled for January 24th in Anaheim, Calif.

Affliction Entertainment VP Tom Atencio confirmed the news with us earlier today.

http://mmarated.com/blogs/blog/20081010/exclusive__fedor_emelianenko_vs__andrei_arlovski_on_january_affliction_show-866.html
nickcuc547
10/10/08 3:05:33PM
awesome, hopefully this turns into a war but i'm skeptical that aa can do it. if he can defend the takedown this could be a very interesting fight. still i have to take fedor.
StorminYourman
10/10/08 3:16:30PM
Wow I am actually worried for Fedor. Arloski has been throwing fire lately!
Should be a good fight!
Twenty20Dollars
10/10/08 3:19:39PM
Arlovski all the way!
Porch28
10/10/08 3:31:07PM
As good as AA has been fighting I just can't see myself going against the Baddest man on the planet especially after his total destruction of Sylvia. Fedor by UD
TWITA
10/10/08 3:32:17PM
I hope Fedor puts his "Nate Quarry" shoes on beacuse he'll be chasing AA all night.
aaa9erh8er
10/10/08 3:41:34PM
lol his nate quarry shoes hahahaha i like that. but i agree that what ever AA can do wont be enough to stop imo the p4p best in the world.i think he will be undersized and fedor will win round 2 sub
gravy13
10/10/08 3:42:33PM
Fedor by first round KO.
McBee
10/10/08 3:54:37PM
Fedor vs Barnett is NEVER going to happen
Jackelope
10/10/08 3:55:19PM

Posted by aaa9erh8er

lol his nate quarry shoes hahahaha i like that. but i agree that what ever AA can do wont be enough to stop imo the p4p best in the world.i think he will be undersized and fedor will win round 2 sub

AA usually weighs in much higher than Fedor weighs in

Fedor will take it to Arlovski and steal all the thunder he's got rolling from these past few fights. Too bad... I'd rather see Fedor vs. Barnett so AA has more time to build steam
McBee
10/10/08 5:08:16PM

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by aaa9erh8er

Fedor will take it to Arlovski and steal all the thunder he's got rolling from these past few fights. Too bad... I'd rather see Fedor vs. Barnett so AA has more time to build steam

Yeah I really think ground fighter have a better shot at him considering Hunt was coming mighty close to subbing him and that is Hunt, but CC did take him to a decision so it is hard to know, and Arlovski has not been submitted yet.

FYI I am only talking about shots here I definietely think Fedor by KO 1st round
wrona666
10/10/08 5:09:57PM
Now that they have built AA up to the average joe it will just make Fedor look even better after he beats him.......This is a good fight to get Fedor well know to the casual fans....If Barnett was more well known to the casual fans im sure it would be him fighting Fedor instead of AA.....

Fedor by TKO Rd 2
McBee
10/10/08 5:12:24PM

Posted by wrona666

Now that they have built AA up to the average joe it will just make Fedor look even better after he beats him.......This is a good fight to get Fedor well know to the average fan.....

I do not know the general public does not seem tune in for Arlovski in the past and present, Arloski gave veiwers away from Gina Carano
CantAndleDaRiddum
10/10/08 5:25:38PM
Looks like Christmas will be coming late this year

WAR THE PITBULL!!!!!!!!!
Wolf
10/10/08 5:27:32PM
If it goes to the ground it could be a pretty incredible fight there. Both guys are so well versed in Sambo it could be a crazy leglock fest.
tuvok500
10/10/08 5:51:33PM
Great we will have another UFC event 1 week after Dublin !!!

Chuteboxer
10/10/08 6:07:17PM
WAR ARLOVSKI
loller90278
10/10/08 6:14:51PM
i might be the only one that thinks this but i think this is a real easy fight for fedor.

1R RNC
jocka
10/10/08 6:19:57PM
I love AA but am not sure about this fight Fedor looked awsome against timmy. Let's say I won't bet my money on this one
Matimus
10/10/08 6:20:59PM
he wont engage fedor, he's going to sit back and wait for his shot, then when he wakes up, he'll realise it was a baaaaad idea.

fedor 1st rd KO
Poohbah
10/10/08 6:22:29PM
I don't see this fight being competitive. I think Fedor steamrolls Arlovski.

Just my best guess, hope I'm wrong!
ncordless
10/10/08 6:29:32PM

Posted by tuvok500

Great we will have another UFC event 1 week after Dublin !!!

Classic tuvokian nuthugging right there.

This is really the match-up we've been waiting for for years. Arlovski has been looking good, but Fedor has never not looked good.

People talk about it being a sambo match, but I'd bet anything that AA doesn't want it to go there.

Fedor's sambo is to Arlovski's as Jacare's jits is to Jason MacDonald's
Bloodhound
10/10/08 6:33:16PM
should be a great fight, WAR ARLOVSKI
JimiMak
10/10/08 6:47:04PM
While it is one of the most anticipated main events in recent time, I think Fedor decides whether he makes quick work of AA or lets it take a while. He's got him both on the feet and on the ground.
saemskin
10/10/08 6:48:57PM
another great matchup by affliction.
I cant wait
RampageOwnedYou
10/10/08 7:28:09PM
ill have ANY bet, real cash, avatar whatever!!! FEDOR ALL THE WAY..

AA wont win, and im ready to bet anyone. You who say AA are crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
gartface
10/10/08 7:38:30PM

Posted by RampageOwnedYou ill have ANY bet, real cash, avatar whatever!!! FEDOR ALL THE WAY.. AA wont win, and im ready to bet anyone. You who say AA are crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I agree. AA has nothing to offer to Fedor. He has better striking than Andrei and a far superior ground game. BTW that is an amazing avatar.
gartface
10/10/08 7:39:05PM
Double post, sorry, doing this on my phone and it messed up.
Aether
10/10/08 8:36:21PM

Posted by McBee

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by aaa9erh8er

Yeah I really think ground fighter have a better shot at him considering Hunt was coming mighty close to subbing him and that is Hunt, but CC did take him to a decision so it is hard to know, and Arlovski has not been submitted yet.

FYI I am only talking about shots here I definietely think Fedor by KO 1st round

Hunt was not that close to subbing him. That americana was not twisted far enough to even begin putting real pressure on the joint. I can rotate my shoulder that far without even touching my arm. Americanas are significantly harder to finish than kimuras, he wasn't in any danger of being finished.
McBee
10/10/08 8:47:09PM

Posted by Aether

Posted by McBee

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by aaa9erh8er

Hunt was not that close to subbing him. That americana was not twisted far enough to even begin putting real pressure on the joint. I can rotate my shoulder that far without even touching my arm. Americanas are significantly harder to finish than kimuras, he wasn't in any danger of being finished.

My bad the commentators were making a big deal about it.
Pages: [1] 2