Exclusive: Affliction to broadcast entire "Banned" fight card

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Exclusive: Affliction to broadcast entire "Banned" fight card
babalu2720
7/17/08 8:21:17PM
In Saturday's upcoming battle of counter-programming with the UFC, Affliction has again raised the stakes with its debut "Banned" card.

Affliction Vice President Tom Atencio today told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) that Saturday night's pay-per-view broadcast will run a full four hours and will feature eight bouts. Additionally, FSN will air three bouts, rather than the previously reported two fights.

In other words, between FSN and PPV, the entire "Banned" fight card will be televised.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/4828/exclusive-affliction-to-broadcast-entire-banned-fight-card.mma
Mchubb316
7/17/08 8:33:10PM
This is sweet. Affliction is doing everything right for their first show.
xphycorx
7/17/08 8:43:09PM
haha. they are doing this in response to the ufc putting ufc unleashed on all day starting at 4pm saturday.
wolfman
7/17/08 9:38:44PM
Awesome news, more MMA for the fans to watch!
mk1630
7/18/08 12:09:53AM
Wow that is great! I love competition
Bowen50
7/18/08 12:44:59AM
when there is competition between 2 promotions the fans always win. now we get to watch 17 fights saturday night for everyone who is going to watch both events.
Bloodhound
7/18/08 1:37:20AM
nice, im very excited for the Affliction event
coldchillin
7/18/08 1:44:19AM
I just checked my cable and it shows a baseball game being broadcasted at this time. I'm going to be pissed off if I miss Aleks and Vitor fight because of some dumbass baseball game.
EliasG
7/18/08 9:45:36AM
I GET that people feel "poor" right now. But not buying the Affliction fight when you are a MMA fan is like skipping the Tyson v. Holyfield I fight because there is a free Friday Night Fight on ESPN.

It's like skipping the World Series game because an All Star Minor Leauge game is on. The cards don't even kind of match. I'm gonna Tivo the UFC because I love MMA and I'm mildly interested in seeing Silva fight Irvin but I'm definitely paying for and watching the greatest line up of heavyweights on one card I've ever seen. You have to combine a bunch of UFC cards to get the same combination of talent and skill in this card. ;) Great stuff.

For all of you watching only the "minor league" game...have fun.
The-Don
7/18/08 9:55:45AM

Posted by coldchillin

I just checked my cable and it shows a baseball game being broadcasted at this time. I'm going to be pissed off if I miss Aleks and Vitor fight because of some dumbass baseball game.

I have not checked yet but I am hoping to see at least the 3 fights on FSN...
RampageOwnedYou
7/18/08 10:20:23AM
What!! I dont have to pay money for some of these fights aside of the ppv price??? Common!!! If they want to compete with the UFC the least they can do is charge me an extra 6 bucks per fight on the website. Which I wont be able to get 24 hrs after the ppv ended.

Yeah this is good news, and nice to see 2 organizations are doing some good for the fans, and giving them EVERY fight. (Dream & Affliction).
coldchillin
7/18/08 1:50:37PM

Posted by EliasG

I GET that people feel "poor" right now. But not buying the Affliction fight when you are a MMA fan is like skipping the Tyson v. Holyfield I fight because there is a free Friday Night Fight on ESPN.

It's like skipping the World Series game because an All Star Minor Leauge game is on. The cards don't even kind of match. I'm gonna Tivo the UFC because I love MMA and I'm mildly interested in seeing Silva fight Irvin but I'm definitely paying for and watching the greatest line up of heavyweights on one card I've ever seen. You have to combine a bunch of UFC cards to get the same combination of talent and skill in this card. ;) Great stuff.

For all of you watching only the "minor league" game...have fun.

word
JimmieDD
7/18/08 2:28:04PM
Ya.

You have to buy Affliction. Even if you're sort of off budget this month.

stock
7/18/08 3:44:08PM
So,

FSN will show 3 fights from 8-9pm?
Then the PPV will show the rest of the fights from 9pm - 1am?
casey64
7/18/08 5:39:22PM
This fight card looks amazing and I cant wait for it either.