Exciting Matchups that have to happen at 170 soon

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Exciting Matchups that have to happen at 170 soon
ricoj3323
8/20/08 11:13:58PM
here are some matchups that i think will be some of the most exciting that i think will happen later on down the road

kos vs. anthony johnson
Fitch vs. winner of karo and Yoshiyuki Yoshida
Swick vs kos because they both have said business is business
Gsp vs. Alves or diego sanchez
Hardy vs. swick
Lytle vs. marcus davis
anthony johnson vs. swick
b.j penn vs. kos at 170
Rory markam vs. hardy

what do you think of some of these matchups and what are ur matchups
juanez13
8/20/08 11:21:54PM
Great match ups, most being possible down the line.

I'd throw a couple that i'd like to see-->

Marcus Davis vs A.Johnson

Markham vs Lytle (got a feeling this one will be coming soon)

Hazelett Vs the Dong

Gono vs Fitch (I think it'll happen towards the end of the year, UFC 91 maybe, if not the december show)

Diamondback2
8/20/08 11:23:59PM

Posted by ricoj3323

here are some matchups that i think will be some of the most exciting that i think will happen later on down the road

kos vs. anthony johnson
Fitch vs. winner of karo and Yoshiyuki Yoshida
Swick vs kos because they both have said business is business
Gsp vs. Alves or diego sanchez
Hardy vs. swick
Lytle vs. marcus davis
anthony johnson vs. swick
b.j penn vs. kos at 170
Rory markam vs. hardy

what do you think of some of these matchups and what are ur matchups

I agree with almost all the matchups but Kos vs BJ. Penn would walk thru him....
nickcuc547
8/21/08 7:12:26PM
i'd pay to see any one of those fights, kos vs. bj would be a battle and davis vs. lytle would be an all out war.
NatedawgThaM
8/23/08 4:00:55PM
I think the exciting match up that I think needs to be done is GSP vs Diego. Diego IMO has the best chance of any 170lber besides BJ when he bumps back up to beat GSP. I was watching 87 with a friend and we both thought GSP was tired and Fitch wasn't really taking it to GSP. So Diego I think with his non-stop aggression and almost never ending gas tank I think he could maybe have GSP weared out and maybe steal enough rounds to beat GSP. With GSP it's all about the confidence level. When Fitch kept taking it to GSP in the 2nd he almost stole the round. As long as you stay on him and not just stay in the pocket letting him pick you apart like Fitch did in rounds 1, 3-5 you still have a chance and I think Diego could stay in his face and steal rounds 4-5 if GSP fades again, just round 3 will decide the winner IMO. Definitely a sick explosive fight that gives me chills the more I think about it. Both fighters always look 10 times better every single fight.

Also Kos vs. Fitch. Both got pretty much owned by GSP but who hasn't? Kos took less of a beating but Fitch gave more of a fight IMO. Both are great wrestlers for MMA and their striking looks better each and every time out. I think it'd be a great fight and would finally decide who's better. Hopefully it happens eventually.