Most exciting fighters in the UFC

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Most exciting fighters in the UFC
JBatch
2/4/08 6:28:01PM
Regardless of order or weightclass who are the guys you feel always com in and put on a serious show.
For me its:
Leben, GSP, Guida, T. Griffin, Liddell, BJ Penn, Spencer Fisher, A. Silva, M. Davis.

I also anticipate some crazy fights from CC, Wandy and Shogun.

2nd question is what do you prefer more a skilled match on the ground, a slugfest or a mix of the two.
MFOTHER
2/4/08 6:43:39PM
GSP, penn (if its early on), forest, guida, huerta, and even though he got owned on the ground h. alexander. 2 out of three ain't bad

2nd i love the chess matches, but overall i like the mix of both

what i hate is when fans boo to fighters working hard on the ground
Styles
2/4/08 7:05:27PM
Huerta, Edgar, Fitch, Anderson Silva, Wandy, Pellegrino just to name a few off the top of my head.

I also love a mix of the 2, I like seing reverse, sub defense, sweeps the most. Like said before, a chess match is great. I believe it was Huerta vs. Crane where there was a good mix, stand-up and a chess match on the ground.
SpiderSilva
2/4/08 9:59:12PM
you know for his first fight Brock Lesner is pretty exciting to watch even more if he fights all his fights like that he is gonna be vary exciting to watch even if he has haters out there
MFOTHER
2/4/08 10:46:59PM
alomedia was nasty as expected on sunday
Pinkalicous
2/4/08 11:22:10PM
Tim Sylvia

Seriously- Huerta, GSP, Anderson Silva, Fisher, and Forrest.

For the second question i love to see a good mixture in a fight.
Gipper
2/5/08 5:54:46AM
clay guida and the rest of the lw division
jomatty
2/5/08 6:59:34AM
BJ, a silva, GSP, liddel (i know he isnt cool anymore), guida

the perfect fight to me has a good balance but if i have to pick one thing in a fight it is smooth submissions. guys like nate diaz or aoki who are always working for something. positional grappling and ground and pound dont get me nearly as excited. the other thing that makes a fight exciting for me is someone who just brings it and keeps coming. i like guys who i know have a chin and wont get knocked out quick, because unlike more everyone else i dont like quick knockouts. i like fights that are back and forth and both guys show their skills and i have no problem with decisions as long as the fights arent boring. i just enjoy the fights and like them to last a while. bj penn is the most exciting to me because he is so good in all positions, same goes for fedor but i know we are only talking ufc here.
Bizaboom
2/5/08 10:35:00PM
I have to go with the entire LW division, Marcus Davis,Forrest,GSP,Franklin,Anderson Silva,and Diego.

I like a good mix of stand up and a ground game. Griffen vs. Edgar was a great example of my kinda fight. Forrest vs. Bonner 1 was a great stand up fight. There is nothing better than watching two guys fight who are not affraid to lose.
cmill21
2/5/08 10:35:54PM
Banderlei. Dude always throws, even against hunt.
DevonFoxy
2/5/08 10:48:54PM
A guy that doesn't get any credit who has been amazingly entertaining is Chris Lytle his last fights he threw everything he had into them and I for one am going to give him the props he deserves. He has had a crazy TKO win in which the guy had no idea where he was and an amazing submission win that should have won submission of the year. He loss to Alves was an entertaining fight as well and was prematurely stopped so im going with a guy no one is going to give any credit to Chris "Lights Out" Lytle
telnights
2/5/08 10:50:39PM

Posted by Styles

Huerta, Edgar, Fitch, Anderson Silva, Wandy, Pellegrino just to name a few off the top of my head.

I also love a mix of the 2, I like seing reverse, sub defense, sweeps the most. Like said before, a chess match is great. I believe it was Huerta vs. Crane where there was a good mix, stand-up and a chess match on the ground.

I also agree the TS list as well. But in the end its "to each their own".
jessmar
2/5/08 11:06:11PM
gsp,huerta,guida, and anderson silva
pv3Hpv3p
2/6/08 10:16:27AM
All the fighters listed are most of the first that come to mind when thinking exciting...

But to answer your other question.... I'd have to go with a good mixture of standup and ground work... I love fights that play out like Davis / Taylor did at 75.. Explosive standup and slick ground work...

Nick Diaz always seemed to put on exciting ground fights in the UFC, exciting fights in general.... Hopefully he'll come back to form soon... Just thought I'd throw that in there.
gartface
2/6/08 11:28:22AM
Karo Parisyan , Tyson Griffin, Clay Guida, Quinton Jackson, Chuck Liddell, Roger Huerta, Jon Fitch, Marcus Davis, GSP, Anderson Silva, ... the list goes on.

I think the list of really boring fighters is shorter in the UFC than the exciting fighters.
JBatch
2/6/08 4:25:55PM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

All the fighters listed are most of the first that come to mind when thinking exciting...

But to answer your other question.... I'd have to go with a good mixture of standup and ground work... I love fights that play out like Davis / Taylor did at 75.. Explosive standup and slick ground work...

Nick Diaz always seemed to put on exciting ground fights in the UFC, exciting fights in general.... Hopefully he'll come back to form soon... Just thought I'd throw that in there.

I feel the same way about two fo your points. The Davis vs. Taylor fight was one of the most entertaining fights I have ever seen and NIck Diaz deserves to be back in the UFC. Diaz puts on great fights and is always looking to finish. I know he doesn't have the greatest attitude but it makes him different from all the guys suckin on Dana's balls.
iwannabesedated
2/6/08 6:46:30PM
Liddell....Even the loss to Rampage was still a nice KO Win or Lose Chuck's fight are always entertaining and im sure the Shogun fight wont be much different.I'd list some more but i think everyone pretty much covered the rest.I think other than Chuck Vs Wandy..Id love to see Cro Cop Vs Chuck..When your watching Cro Cop fight its like your waiting for him to land that big LHK and with Chuck your anticipating a big punch followed by him starting the lawnmower or someones head.
BlazinSaddle
2/6/08 7:55:24PM
most exciting id say anderson silva or georges st pierre

favorite kind of fights probably all out brawls, ground is cool too but i love me a good slugfest like cote vs leben etc.
LesnarLover
2/6/08 7:58:29PM
I know he's only had one fight in the UFC so far, but the Mir Lesnar fight was so loaded with testosterone i couldn't take my eyes of off Brock's sweaty body. He was just unlucky to have Mir in a position where Brock could only punch the back of his head and not his testicles. That would have been an easy win.