Who is the most exciting fighter to watch in mma?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Who is the most exciting fighter to watch in mma?
« Previous Page | Next Page »
POLL: Who is the most exciting fighter to watch in mma?
Chuck Liddell 17% (19)
Wanderlei Silva 26% (30)
Georges St. Pierre 28% (32)
Mirko Flipovic 23% (26)
Mike Swick 2% (2)
Melvin Guillard 4% (5)
Trapt1nw0nder
2/19/07 7:04:27AM
Cant forget Kendall Grove....He will be Future Top Middleweight contender soon IMO..and very entertaining to watch
EEKS
2/19/07 7:14:16AM
The reason that i chose Wandy is because he always aims for the knockout, no matter if he is outclassed in the striking department, hes always said he fights for the fans and wants to make the fight as exciting as he can.
ninesevensix
2/19/07 12:51:37PM
Another vote for Wanderlei. Watching him fight is extremely intense and you are always in for a good show. It starts at the stare down and lasts the entire fight.
seeger1
2/19/07 3:54:22PM
Of the list above,i went with Georges St. Pierre.If anyone was going to beat Matt Hughes for the belt,i am glad he did.He is always exciting and it's hard to pin point a weakness.
But to be honest,for me the most exciting fighter around is Alistair Overeem.He is always exciting in fights.If it wasn't for his sick ability to gas near the end of fights he looks to have won.He might be at the top of his weight class.But as exciting fighters go,none more so than the Demolition man.
Greene33
2/19/07 3:57:04PM
GSP... most entertaining fighter ever
patupman
8/6/07 6:28:33PM
Top 6 Favorite Fighters
-------------------------------------------
1) Robert Emerson
2) B.J. "The Prodigy" Penn
3) Corey Hill
4) Nick "Diablo" Diaz
5) Randy "The Natural" Couture
6) Tito Ortiz
NatedawgThaM
8/6/07 7:11:00PM
For that list it was between GSP & Wandy, but I gave it to Wandy since he has those Vicious knees....

But for all MMA, I'd go with Rampage because he's a brawler and his slams are ******' amazing....

2nd I'd go with Shogun just for his ability to just completely run over his opponets...

if I had to chose a top 3 then 3rd would be Anderson Silva...He has vicous knees too and his accuracy is just amzing but if it goes to the ground then he wouldn't make the top 3 just because his BJJ is overated...
cmill21
8/6/07 7:23:49PM
I wen't with Mirko, I love kickboxing, and I love kicking, punching all of that so thats why. I also love watching wandy because his fights end in KO's.
Pitbull09
8/6/07 7:47:19PM
1. Melvin
2. St Pierre
3. Chuck
Ultimate_fighter
8/6/07 9:54:56PM
I thought Rampage would be up there... i picked cro cop tho...

Nothing better than the huge rampage slam!!!!
d_block07
8/6/07 11:04:22PM
Karo Parysian. his judo throws come out of knowhere and are exciting as hell. i picked melvin though because whether hes winnin or losing its excitin as hell, rick davis, josh neer, joe stevenson, gabe rudiger.
hippysmacker
8/6/07 11:06:13PM
I f it's a current relevant fighter I'll take Fedor. He's explosive on the feet , ground, and with subs.
jocksmall
8/7/07 5:42:41PM
shogun is the best to watch
johny_rotten
8/7/07 6:36:55PM
This list is garbage. Shogun, Anderson Silva, and Fedor would be my top 3, and not one of them is on the list.
Piccosaur
8/7/07 10:00:26PM
On that list is Wanderlei but Nick Diaz and Shogun are the most exciting fighters.
alvin
8/8/07 10:14:27AM
Emmanuel Yarborough hands down.

Just watching him walk around the ring and gas is absolutely amazing to me.
kaduey
8/8/07 2:26:07PM
Ikuhisa "the Punk" Minowa is great to watch.
kimoron
8/8/07 3:06:59PM
all of the fighters on the list are coming off a loss so its hard for me to consider any of them to be the most exciting fighter to watch. at this point i have to go with anderson silva. hes had four fights over the past year and hes stopped them all in impressive fashion.
JewJitsu
8/8/07 3:37:45PM
In terms of constantly going for it all, Clay Guida is up there.

I also find Randy Couture, Antonio Rodrigo Nogueria and Josh Barnett exciting to watch.
the-james
8/8/07 4:04:09PM
Shogun and Anderson Silva are Deffinitlly the most exciting fighters imo to watch at this point they are both fast paced fighters who come out looking for the finish, and never coast threw a fight. As for the people on your list they are all coming of poor performances so its hard to pick one of them.
SteedTheDeed
8/8/07 4:26:30PM
im going with wandy
Kisame
8/8/07 6:30:13PM
This is a horrible poll.

Ill go with wandy since he always goes in with heart no matter the opponent.
Playground_Samurai
8/8/07 9:15:55PM
Geeeez. This post was revived from February. When it was made, all the guys were coming off wins. Things change and evolve quickly in mma. Even then, I knew I had missed tons of names. It's a 6 option poll. And while today I'd probably change 1 or 2 or maybe even 3 of the names on there, I'd still list at least half of them on the poll. So ease up on me about the quality of the poll.

While I don't condone duplicate threads, I don't think it would do much harm to start a new one with a new poll on this topic of conversation.
pv3Hpv3p
8/9/07 10:34:01AM
Win or lose... They are still exciting fighters
nubby
8/9/07 1:36:01PM
BJ Penn IMO. He's just so damn good at everything he does. He doesn't dick around either. He gets in there and bangs.
adamal
8/9/07 1:38:21PM
As much of a Franklin fan as I am I think Anderson Silva is really an exciting fighter. When he starts swinging it's just an explosion and then it seems like the fight is over. Though Liddell and Cro Cop are really exciting obviously because of their ability to just change the fight with one strike.
irish_assassin
8/13/07 1:19:44AM
most exciting.....?

1.Houston Alexander
2.Jermey Stephens
3.Josh Neer
4. Rampage
5. Mayhem
6. Spencer Fisher
Lay_N_Pray
8/13/07 2:07:53AM
Nothing is better then brilliant Muay Thai...so Anderson Silva takes it in my book. I love watching him carve up opponents like scientist with his striking.
Sam_Rothstein
10/19/07 4:54:20AM

Posted by irish_assassin

most exciting.....?

1.Houston Alexander
2.Jermey Stephens
3.Josh Neer
4. Rampage
5. Mayhem
6. Spencer Fisher

im gonna take a wild guess and say you are from the midwest

i like your list though
Mastodon2
10/19/07 6:36:28AM
When they are on form, Cro Cop and Wanderlei are just amazing. Espescially Cro Cop, he is just the ultimate in MMA striking, he is just so sharp its unreal!

Anderson Silva gets a vote too, because I do love see Muay Thai, even if he only uses a limited range of the techniques available to him, he uses them well enough to get some exciting wins in MMA.
Pages: 1 [2] 3