Who is the most exciting fighter to watch in mma?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Who is the most exciting fighter to watch in mma?
Next Page »
POLL: Who is the most exciting fighter to watch in mma?
Chuck Liddell 17% (19)
Wanderlei Silva 26% (30)
Georges St. Pierre 28% (32)
Mirko Flipovic 23% (26)
Mike Swick 2% (2)
Melvin Guillard 4% (5)
Playground_Samurai
2/14/07 12:30:13AM
IMO, an exciting fighter must have one or more of the characteristics i'm about to name. High energy, explosiveness, and unpredictability. What makes a fighter exciting to me is when they are always trying to maintain some action, end a lot of fights with ko's/tko's or even maybe a nasty submission, and are able to explode at any time making them unpredictable. These guys like to entertain their audience.

Sorry if I left off some obvious one's. These are the fighters that I find most exciting to watch, minus Gomi who I didn't have enough room to throw in. However, your opinions are definatly welcome.
Sagat_GSP12
2/14/07 12:35:32AM
For this list I had to go with Mirko, but does it get any better than a Rampage slam?
THE_AXE_MURDERER
2/14/07 12:40:44AM
Wanderlei Silva
Takanori Gomi
Fedor
Aoki
Georges St Peirre
THE_AXE_MURDERER
2/14/07 1:02:58AM

Posted by THE_AXE_MURDERER

Wanderlei Silva
Takanori Gomi
Fedor
Aoki
Georges St Peirre

Shit how could I forget Shogun Rua...some others are KID Yamamota,Anderson Silva,Akihiro Gono
Trapt1nw0nder
2/14/07 1:35:33AM
Chuck Liddell for sure....his fights are so intense and exciting cuz it can,and most likely will end at a blink of an eye

Trapt1nw0nder
2/14/07 1:38:25AM

Wanderlei Silva
Takanori Gomi
Fedor
Aoki
Georges St Peirre

Shit how could I forget Shogun Rua...some others are KID Yamamota,Anderson Silva,Akihiro Gono

whoever made that list left out some good names...

you can easily replace Swick,Melvin.....
Playground_Samurai
2/14/07 1:50:44AM
I agree that I left off a lot of names. If I were able to put more on, I definatly would have. However, it only let me put on six so I put on the top 6 that I think are the most exciting to watch. I know my opinions usually differ from others opionions on subjects like this. You say Swick could easily be left off and I respect your opinion, but in my opinion he is one of the most exciting to watch. I love the energy he brings into a fight. He never backs down and when he lands a shot, you know he's got that killer instinct because he always goes in for the exciting finish. And Melvin, who doesn't wanna see him get a ko on a gut shot then tell everybody the guy must've had a fat belly. That guy brings some excitement into the cage.
strikefirstgear
2/14/07 2:21:49AM
I think this depends alot on whats going on and who they are fighting. Chuck would be my first answer except I haven't been too thrilled since Chuck/Randy. GSP is always a great answer as is Silva but I thought about who I am most excited to see fight right now and that is Crocop! Anytime he steps into the cage I am going to be glued to the TV.

So my answer right now : Crocop
Snacks
2/14/07 4:20:41AM
Tatsuya "Crusher" Kawajiri.
Chugabuster
2/14/07 4:29:20AM
Mirko, Shogun, Krazy Horse.
Stickan
2/14/07 4:46:31AM
With those options I'd have to go with Mirko. Lightning fast strikes with pinpoint accuracy. You just sit there and wait for him to connect cleanly.
pv3Hpv3p
2/14/07 1:22:02PM
I went with Wanderlei...

1. It all starts with the staredown, and as soon as I see Wandy up there with that stare, it gets me going.

2. Wanderlei doesn't as much feel out opponents as he does make them adjust to his own style.

3. The guy is a whirlwind of knees feet fists, whatever he can hit you with.

4. Personality... The guy doesn't back down from a fight... Name one other LHW that would fight CroCop??? Or Hunt for that matter??? And he still tried to stand there and bang with 2 HW world class kickboxers

Wandy's always trying to finish, never stalling, that to me is exciting...

I have to add both CC and Chuck in there, just because their fights seem to have a bigger build up to the one big shot, and that tension can get pretty exciting...

Just sitting back and waiting for a LHK or liver kick from CC or waiting for Chucky to drop the right hand... You got to love that
madmarck
2/14/07 1:33:36PM
I gotta vote with GSP. His matches are always great. I have never seen any stalling in any of his fights. As good as Cro Cop is, he does use stalling on the ground so the ref will stand the fight up.

I dont personally see Chuck as a exciting fighter. Is it just me or is his stand up equal to Lay and Pray on the Ground???
Im bored of simply seeing Chuck pick his shots and pick his shots for rounds upon rounds. IMO Chuck isn't entertaining. Sure his KO's are good. But if i have to watch 2 full rounds of not very entertaining stuff then i dont like the fight as much.
hippysmacker
2/14/07 1:35:00PM
Tank Abbot. I know he's not a factor anymore, and was never that skilled. However, his first fight was the brutal Matua KO, and for along time I would get excited knowing he might smash somebody. Sometimes it happened , sometimes it didn't, but I was always on the edge of my seat when he fought. On the above list I voted for GSP, always fast paced and bringing it.
Trapt1nw0nder
2/14/07 1:51:31PM

Posted by madmarck

I gotta vote with GSP. His matches are always great. I have never seen any stalling in any of his fights. As good as Cro Cop is, he does use stalling on the ground so the ref will stand the fight up.

I dont personally see Chuck as a exciting fighter. Is it just me or is his stand up equal to Lay and Pray on the Ground???
Im bored of simply seeing Chuck pick his shots and pick his shots for rounds upon rounds. IMO Chuck isn't entertaining. Sure his KO's are good. But if i have to watch 2 full rounds of not very entertaining stuff then i dont like the fight as much.

im a huge boxing fan,so picking your shots is pretty exciting for me....i can sit though 12 rounds of a beautiful technical war of counter punches and that is exciting for me..lots of people thought bernard hopkins vs Jermain Taylor(boxing) was a boring fight,but to me it was an intense thrill the whole 12 rounds

i dunno.. im just different......its all about the intensity....especially in a title shot,so maybe now that GSP is champ then he will be AS or maybe even more exciting than chuck liddell is to me right now
Manfred
2/14/07 3:09:22PM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

I went with Wanderlei...

1. It all starts with the staredown, and as soon as I see Wandy up there with that stare, it gets me going.

2. Wanderlei doesn't as much feel out opponents as he does make them adjust to his own style.

4. Personality... The guy doesn't back down from a fight... Name one other LHW that would fight CroCop??? Or Hunt for that matter??? And he still tried to stand there and bang with 2 HW world class kickboxers

I have to add both CC and Chuck in there, just because their fights seem to have a bigger build up to the one big shot, and that tension can get pretty exciting...

Just sitting back and waiting for a LHK or liver kick from CC or waiting for Chucky to drop the right hand... You got to love that

QFT I also went with Wandy from that list. I'd go for Fedor (even though you know he's going to win) and Aleks. Aleks has had only a couple fights go to the second round. He had 3 consecutive KO wins in less than 30 secs. THAT"S EXCITEMENT
pv3Hpv3p
2/14/07 4:06:28PM
Aleks is also one of my favorites to watch)...

I really hope that he gets back to training with Red Devil, the guy is young and has a ton of potential...
DirtySouthBoss
2/14/07 5:04:05PM
Stare down- Wandy

Striking- CC

Entertaiment- Krazy Horse

So basicly Cro Cop just needs a gold grill, wrist streching, and hopping during the stare down to make him more popular than the Hulkster himself.
BrAeDeN91
2/14/07 10:33:24PM
i said cro cop cuz the sweet ko's but thats a good poll it was tough cuz i like to watch wanderlei, chuck, st.pierre, there all exciting
TheArtOfWar
2/14/07 10:51:05PM
CroCop... I like to watch his opponent's reaction after his first kick... ouch!
THE_AXE_MURDERER
2/17/07 3:03:03PM

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

Wanderlei Silva
Takanori Gomi
Fedor
Aoki
Georges St Peirre

whoever made that list left out some good names...

you can easily replace Swick,Melvin.....

Yes Swick is an exciting fighter...we could really name tons of exciting fighters
THE_AXE_MURDERER
2/17/07 3:05:23PM

Posted by DirtySouthBoss

Stare down- Wandy

Striking- CC

Entertaiment- Krazy Horse

So basicly Cro Cop just needs a gold grill, wrist streching, and hopping during the stare down to make him more popular than the Hulkster himself.

I would have to say the best striker in MMA is Anderson Silva and the best entertainer is Gomi.Stare down is definitley Wandy,
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
MrGreeny
2/17/07 4:20:01PM
There are many topics about the best fighters in MMA but i think the most exiting/entertaining fighter is Krazy Horse... It's funny how he makes all that s**t in the ring but still wins his fights I was when he used the ring for a double front leg kick in a PrideFC event.... Rampage is very exiting too but only outside the ring... Well i sure can say who is the worst entertainer in MMA - Mirko (exiting? HELL YEAH!) He just goes in the ring with his stone cold face, kicks someone in the head and goes home without showing any emotions... the best interview Joe Rogan had in the ring
FLAMarlins35
2/17/07 6:41:09PM
I'd have to go with rashad evans, especially after what he did to salmon.
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 2
MMA
2/17/07 7:09:07PM
Evans was a real bore to watch until his last 2 fights. He should hardly be considered to be one of the top entertainers.

I personally love watching Kid Yamamoto fight.
jocksmall
2/18/07 11:39:53AM
i think they are all exciting minus melvin who doesnt belong on the list with those top fighters. i voted wandy but shogun to me is the most exciting fighter. he is always coming foward attacking with kicks, punches, knees and those deadly stomps. he is relentless and that makes him the most exciting.
Reignofterror
2/18/07 1:13:24PM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

I went with Wanderlei...

I could not agree with you more!
loller90278
2/18/07 1:29:58PM
luiz azeredo has to be my fav

and tim sylvia
misfit138
2/19/07 12:43:52AM
CroCop
Fedor
Aleks
GSP
Wanderlei
Liddell
Unkoman
2/19/07 3:52:44AM

Posted by Reignofterror

Posted by pv3Hpv3p

I went with Wanderlei...

I could not agree with you more!

I'll second that vote. Wandy is a savage.
Pages: [1] 2 3