Excercise Advice

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » MMA Training » Excercise Advice
MMA_Juggalo
2/6/09 2:12:28AM
Alright so I'm 5'5, 110 lbs, no matter what I do or how much I eat (and I eat alot!) I'm always skinny. I do all that good stuff (bench press, dips, lat pulls, cleans, curls, tricep extensions, resistance bands, heavy bag training) but I'm never satisfied.....It seems like everybody else is getting all these amazing results, and I just stay looking the same? Idk...I keep good form, it's one of my main priority's , I perform the excercises slow...I've been doing it for about 2 and a half years now....any ideas guys??

Heres some pictures to show you what I'm talking about....

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa222/LunaticXLonnie/pikshur3.jpg

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa222/LunaticXLonnie/anonimiss.jpg

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa222/LunaticXLonnie/pimplimp2.jpg
loller90278
2/6/09 2:53:26AM
you seem young to have been doing this for 2 years already? it seems you might have some more growing to do, im not too sure that you should be lifting so much.
Jackelope
2/6/09 11:28:33AM
Time, bro... all it takes is time. You should read the modern encyclopedia of bodybuilding by Arnold Schwarzenegger. It talks a lot about body types in there. As an ectomorph you will always struggle to "get huge" or make big gains. I am also an ectomorph, and it took me years to get used to being one. I always wanted to be the guy to walk around with big muscles, but finally I just realized that wasn't going to be me. The biggest I ever got was 185 lbs. and I'm 6' tall.

When it comes to MMA there are actually a lot of benefits to be had from being an ectomorph. Take a look at guys like Donald Cerrone, Carlos Condit, Nick and Nate Diaz- all ectomorph type guys. Their length allows them to be dangerous fighting off of their back, and their standup is rangy as hell. In the case of Donald Cerrone he is an undefeated kickboxer something like 29-0. Learn to build off of your strengths and work around your weaknesses, I say. Ectomorphs generally have a LOT better cardio than other body types, too.

You're still young, though... you may grow a lot bigger than you realize. Just keep at it, but don't tear up your ligaments trying to lift too much. That's a common problem for ecto's.

Here is a snippet from http://www.bodybuildingpro.com/bodytypeinformation.html

[The ECTOMORPH
Definitive "Hard Gainer"
Delicate Built Body
Flat Chest
Fragile
Lean
Lightly Muscled
Small Shouldered
Takes Longer to Gain Muscle
Thin

The extreme ectomorph physique is a fragile and delicate one. The bones are light, joints are small and muscles are slight. The limbs are relatively long in proportion and the shoulders droop. The ectomorph is a linear physique. Straight up and straight down, and may appear longer than he or she really is, due to the length of limbs coupled with lack of muscle mass developed on those limbs. The ectomorph is not naturally powerful and will have to work hard for every ounce of muscle and every bit of strength he or she can gain.

Other Ectomorph Traits

The extreme ectomorph may have long fingers, toes and neck are long. A pencil neck you could say. The features of the face are sharp, and the shape of the face is triangular. The lower jaw is somewhat receding. The skin tends to burn easily. Extreme ectomorphs may suffer from extremes of temperature. Due to the great body area in relation to muscle mass, the ectomorph may suffer from great heat, and due to low body fat, the ectomorph may suffer from great cold. The hair is fine and grows quickly and is sometimes difficult to keep in place.

Famous Ectomorphs

Lisa Kudrow, Kate Moss, Brad Pitt, Seth Green, Edward Norton.

MMA_Juggalo
2/6/09 2:06:26PM
I LOOK young....im 19 years old haha
Jackelope
2/6/09 2:11:45PM

Posted by MMA_Juggalo

I LOOK young....im 19 years old haha

That's still pretty young. You'll know about what size you'll be for the rest of your life once you hit around 25. Trust me, you'll be glad if you're still thin. Lots of dudes get fat as hell
MMA_Juggalo
2/6/09 2:21:06PM
Thanks lol i don't wanna be fat...just have some meat on me, I wish i could gain some weight or somethin....it feels like im doin all this weight for nothin, can't even tell I workout at all......grrrr
Jackelope
2/6/09 2:24:35PM
Well you've got to get scientific about it, too. Make sure you're working out right and that you're eating right, too. I would suggest reading a lot of books to better familiarize yourself with how to do things properly. Also, if you can afford it just a month with a personal trainer can teach you things you may have had no clue about before. Don't think of the month long personal training as an investment in that month, think of it as an investment in your life. They can teach you a lot.
MMA_Juggalo
2/6/09 2:31:05PM
Thanks dude, right now my fam and I are goin through some financial troubles, so I probably don't eat as often as I should, or even what I should, but I make sure I just eat alot. I wouldn't be able to afford a personal trainer, but I've found some guys I know who get good results and asked em what it is they could teach me.

So if you're skinny your basically an ectomorph?
Jackelope
2/6/09 2:37:09PM
Not necessarily (about the ectomorph thing) but most of the times, yes. You can find a lot of information on the web and in libraries about body types. I'd comment more about what I think I know, but I shouldn't.. because I'm no expert on the subject. I would rather defer you to books like The Encyclopedia of Bodybuilding which has a lot of really good breakdowns on body types. There are plenty of other books, too.

I understand about the financial problems. It is something you will have to deal with in your life. I had the same problems coming up as a kid. I'm 26 now and it really hasn't changed much. Seems like the bills always match the income no matter how much it grows. When you're talking about eating right and building muscle right it can get pretty expensive. You just have to learn to prioritize the things you want to spend money on, and if building muscle correctly is one of them, then you will find a way to make it work. Even if that means working 10 extra hours a week. Great success rarely comes without great sacrifice.