when exactly is the undisputed demo release?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » when exactly is the undisputed demo release?
Next Page »
ghandikush
1/24/12 12:28:21AM
I thought it was tonight after 12....
Kpro
1/24/12 12:33:00AM
Whenever Microsoft/Sony update their servers as far as I know. Usually in the 6-10am EST range. Unless I missed that they were doing a special midnight release.
Kpro
1/24/12 12:37:36AM
On a sidenote, it's kind of strange that Bones Jones vs. Anderson Silva is the UFC fight you get in the demo. Usually they'll have guys who have fought or will soon fight in demos. Possible foreshadowing ?
Bubbles
1/24/12 12:54:26AM
hmmmm you are onto something there Kpro. the first one was Liddell vs Shogun. the 2nd game had Evans, Rampage, Machida, and Shogun.
ghandikush
1/24/12 1:12:54AM

Posted by Bubbles

hmmmm you are onto something there Kpro. the first one was Liddell vs Shogun. the 2nd game had Evans, Rampage, Machida, and Shogun.

I was hoping hendo would win the fight so I dont have to cry when Jones kills Anderson.
Twenty20Dollars
1/24/12 1:21:32AM
I doubt we see any super fight involving Silva, with GSP or Jones.

I think we could see it with the lighter weight classes, Cruz, Aldo move up to face the champ.

I better wake up early to start the download and maybe I can be playing by night time (b/c it takes effing forever)
FastKnockout
1/24/12 1:39:29AM
Pride will also be on the demo and the (main) rumor is it's Wanderlei vs. Rampage. Also heard a rumor that it was Rampage vs. Chuck.
BeeR
1/24/12 6:26:55AM
wicked, my boss just called and said some of our work got bumped for today.
I told him "see you wednesday"

haha. Ill be playing all day.

Im a loser.
Bubbles
1/24/12 11:08:47AM
nah you da man
Twenty20Dollars
1/24/12 12:49:00PM
anyone play it yet?
Theoutlaw08
1/24/12 2:47:35PM
I'm not big into the demos cause i just get pissed I cant play the full version. Cant wait for it to come out.
jakewalters
1/24/12 3:07:44PM

Posted by Kpro

On a sidenote, it's kind of strange that Bones Jones vs. Anderson Silva is the UFC fight you get in the demo. Usually they'll have guys who have fought or will soon fight in demos. Possible foreshadowing ?

I like your optimism
ghandikush
1/24/12 3:16:30PM
I've been playing the demo, yes it has pride mode to try, this game is as much of an improvement on the last as fight night champion was to figh night round 4. I take back all my crap talk because I was wrong.

Jabs matter, damage is much more realistic, pride mode feels like pride did, and the game is even hard on medium.

simply brilliant effort.
FastKnockout
1/24/12 3:59:49PM

Posted by ghandikush

I've been playing the demo, yes it has pride mode to try, this game is as much of an improvement on the last as fight night champion was to figh night round 4. I take back all my crap talk because I was wrong.

Jabs matter, damage is much more realistic, pride mode feels like pride did, and the game is even hard on medium.

simply brilliant effort.

Is it true the demo only allows one round?
DrivenDavies15
1/24/12 4:19:47PM

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by ghandikush

simply brilliant effort.

Yep but it's still pretty fun, a soccer kick KO in pride is enough to my fix lol, I was going nuts
ChrisSabal
1/24/12 4:47:56PM

Posted by DrivenDavies15

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by ghandikush

simply brilliant effort.

Yep but it's still pretty fun, a soccer kick KO in pride is enough to my fix lol, I was going nuts

only 1 round? Wow maybe I won't download it after all. One of the number 1 things I like about the beta is all 3 rounds and actually being able to last. Plus the demo isn't on PSN for me
Budgellism
1/24/12 4:49:07PM
So what's everyone's opinion on the demo? Mine is downloading now.
ChrisSabal
1/24/12 5:13:16PM

Posted by Budgellism

So what's everyone's opinion on the demo? Mine is downloading now.

I can tell you the beta is great and I'm sure it gets even better in the demo because all you can do is use created players in the beta.
Budgellism
1/24/12 5:41:44PM
I just finished playing. There's a reason I don't like these games. All I can manage to do is button mash. It seems pretty awesome though if you're into this kind of game. The Pride version is great. I found using Rampage I was 100% successful but using Wandy I lost half the time. Kneeing Wandy's face in while in the north south position was pretty sweet but like I said, I'm 90% button mashing while playing these games so I honestly don't get much enjoyment out of them.
prophecy033
1/24/12 6:16:13PM

Posted by DrivenDavies15

Posted by FastKnockout

Posted by ghandikush

simply brilliant effort.

I can't wait to kick someone in the face
jjeans
1/24/12 6:18:23PM
I'm annoyed, It seems like it's mainly all Knockouts, hopefully when we're not playing as Rampage, Jones, Silva and Wandy and playing as guys like Kos and Fitch, it'll be easier to lay on a guy, but it still seems fun!

Playing only on competitive and it still seems easy to finish in the first round...
ChrisSabal
1/24/12 6:51:36PM

Posted by jjeans

I'm annoyed, It seems like it's mainly all Knockouts, hopefully when we're not playing as Rampage, Jones, Silva and Wandy and playing as guys like Kos and Fitch, it'll be easier to lay on a guy, but it still seems fun!

Playing only on competitive and it still seems easy to finish in the first round...

I noticed it went later when you played against real people and you took the fight like a real MMA fight. If you go in there swinging chances are it will end fast.
ghandikush
1/24/12 7:48:25PM

Posted by ChrisSabal

Posted by jjeans

I noticed it went later when you played against real people and you took the fight like a real MMA fight. If you go in there swinging chances are it will end fast.

Just like fight night champion, just like real life.

The 10 min pride round is more than enough, and btw, when would you ever expect these two matchups to yield a deciion?
ChrisSabal
1/25/12 12:03:17AM

Posted by jjeans

I finally got to play the demo and I played 3 UFC and 2 Pride. I had 2 KO's in Pride but I had 2 'decisions' and only 1 KO in UFC.
Twenty20Dollars
1/25/12 4:10:44PM
I KO'ed Jones with a Baboza spinning back kick with Silva.

I hope the submissions will be easier in this game.

I do like that they added the fighters walking out, but hopefully you can skip it b/c if you are playing it a lot it can be time consuming.
Kpro
1/25/12 4:24:26PM

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

I do like that they added the fighters walking out

If Nagashima is in the game, put me down for 10 copies.

ghandikush
1/25/12 4:43:55PM

I KO'ed Jones with a Baboza spinning back kick with Silva.

I hope the submissions will be easier in this game.

I do like that they added the fighters walking out, but hopefully you can skip it b/c if you are playing it a lot it can be time consuming.

you can sip past the entrances and also at the end you can skip to the scores.
Twenty20Dollars
1/25/12 11:51:20PM

Posted by Kpro

I do like that they added the fighters walking out

If Nagashima is in the game, put me down for 10 copies.

600 dollars, prolly worth it.
Kpro
1/26/12 5:03:55AM
just got the demo. I'm playin on easy, but gotta say it's a blast knocking Bones or Anderson out face first to the mat with a spinning back fist head kick combo. I want more blood.

jakewalters
1/26/12 9:40:28AM
I absolutely love this demo. Pride Mode is the tits. Just rattled off the dirtiest combo against Page as Wandy. Muay Thai knee to Jackson's head against the ropes brought him to his knees, soccer kicked him to his ass, then stomped him a couple times before the ref pulled me off.

I love the commentary Bas has, although it can get a little repetitive. Can't wait for the release next month!
Pages: [1] 2