Evolving Neer takes new approach to lay-and-prayers ahead of UFC on FX 3

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Evolving Neer takes new approach to lay-and-prayers ahead of UFC on FX 3
prophecy033
6/6/12 11:03:17PM
Josh Neer (33-10-1 MMA, 6-6 UFC) has gotten over his hatred of so-called "lay and pray" artists.

Now, he's just determined to stop them – and punch them in the face.

That's the plan against his next opponent, Mike Pyle (22-8-1 MMA, 5-3 UFC), who he believes will try to take him down when they meet at UFC on FX 3, which takes place Friday at BankAtlantic Center in Sunrise, Fla.

The welterweight matchup airs live on FX as part of the evening's main card. Preliminary matchups air on FUEL TV and stream on Facebook.

Two days out from the fight, Neer has heard that Pyle might be lingering in catchweight territory.

"I heard he's heavy right now, so I think he's going to try to play the big man to smaller man," Neer today told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com). "But I'm prepared for that."

Link
frizzzlecake
6/6/12 11:18:52PM
I hope Neer knocks his teeth out! He's a scrapy guy!
FastKnockout
6/6/12 11:33:20PM
I wouldn't consider Pyle to be in the lay-and-pray category. Just step up the takedown defense.
Chael_Sonnen
6/7/12 12:00:07AM
Pyle is a tad douchey.......I hope The Dentist does some corrective surgery on Gomer.
rush13
6/7/12 12:35:55AM
Ya he feels the same way as I do with lay and prayers, they are ruining the sport...Mike Pierce isn't really a lay and prayer but his fights just aren't exciting(3 split decisions in his last 3 fights).

I like Neer's out-spoken attitude and I hope he knocks Pyle's block off cuz Pyle's best way to win is grind it out and make the fight a bore-fest.
Boo_Radley21
6/7/12 11:39:59AM
Neer is awesome. I can't remember who he was fighting but he kept punching himself in the face by accident
Shawn91111
6/7/12 1:56:52PM
Neer has some of the worst TDD in his division, he needs to ...you know...like work on it and stuff.
Shawn91111
6/7/12 2:00:58PM

Posted by Boo_Radley21

Neer is awesome. I can't remember who he was fighting but he kept punching himself in the face by accident

Danzig

Pookie
6/7/12 2:41:35PM
I'm pretty sure that wasn't on accident.
Boo_Radley21
6/7/12 4:29:02PM

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by Boo_Radley21

Danzig

hahaha love it and then he throws out his arms like what the fuck
bjj1605
6/7/12 11:25:14PM
He's taking the right approach.

No body likes lay-and-prayers. But as long as the rules are the way they are, there's nothing you can do about it....

EXCEPT!! Learn to stop them.

rush13
6/8/12 12:02:56AM

Posted by Boo_Radley21

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by Boo_Radley21

Danzig

hahaha love it and then he throws out his arms like what the fuck

I recall Neer winning that fight and tapping Danzig out off of his back