Why can we see everyones picks?

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » Why can we see everyones picks?
OchoCinco
2/7/07 9:16:24PM
I can go personally look at the picks of everyone on the site. So that means I can copy anyone on the site. Does this seem ridiculous to anyone else. If some guy is dominating all I have to do is copy his picks. And if I know nothing about MMA I can come on here look at what percentage is picking who overall and make my picks. You shouldn't be able to see anyones picks or what percentage of people picked who until after picking for that event has closed. Anyone agree???
nellyhiphophead
2/7/07 9:19:35PM
i don't agree this is how i see who to make wagers with see what fights they arn't picking the same winner as me.
OchoCinco
2/7/07 9:23:58PM

Posted by nellyhiphophead

i don't agree this is how i see who to make wagers with see what fights they arn't picking the same winner as me.

Just go to my wager finder and put the name of the guy you want to pick against and it will give you all the people willing to bet with you.
nellyhiphophead
2/7/07 9:25:31PM
ya but alot of the time those ppl don't get back to you if they want it take the wager as fast as ppl that are talking on the forums.
Svartorm
2/8/07 1:59:57AM
I brought this up to the mods and they said they were going to get rid of that option, and make it so you can only see their picks from past events.
nellyhiphophead
2/8/07 4:24:34AM
i think they shoudl maybe not let you see what round and how the fight ends so other ppl can't just look at yours and pick the same thing. but i think you should be able to see who they pick for the reason to see who ppl in our camp are picking and you cna talk about your picks. and also i look at ppl's pick to see what fights they dont have the same as me. or jsut make it a option that you can hide your picks by clicking a box like they do for wanting to wager on a fight.
OchoCinco
2/8/07 11:09:09AM

Posted by Svartorm

I brought this up to the mods and they said they were going to get rid of that option, and make it so you can only see their picks from past events.

Good we shouldn't be able to see them. Its like doing your football picks and being able to see what the guy that wins every year picks so u can copy him.
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
LoSt
2/8/07 7:14:30PM
I think that pick details should be kept private but not the picks themselves. Not everyone uses the forums to wager so I think it would be good to keep part of the current system in place.

Add to that the fact that there is no certainty in mma. I seriously doubt that youll find one person who wins every single round in this kind of fantasy game.

Additionally, dont all of us copy each others picks to an extent? I think youll find that most of us, with the exception of a few risk takers will tend to side with the majority when picking a fight, especially when they arent too sure about the fighters in question. You can find proof of this just by viewing the trends in betting on specific fights. Since we can see the % of people who bet on a particular fighter now you might notice that a fight may start out fairly even in picks, but as more and more people weigh in it will become polarized towards one fighter. Thats because people, if they are unsure to pick, will most likely pick the person that the majority of other people have picked.

I think that hiding peoples picks for ending time/ finish might be a good idea because that is the key to winning the game. Picking the fighters is often relatively easy, what differentiates the top from the middle is their success in picking the details correctly.