"Everybody at Black House wants a piece of Frank Mir."

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » "Everybody at Black House wants a piece of Frank Mir."
POLL: Who should Frank Mir take on next?
Anderson Silva 11% (5)
Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira 57% (26)
The winner of Carwin-v-Lesnar 0% (0)
The loser of Carwin-v-Lesnar 7% (3)
Cain Velasquez 9% (4)
Junior dos Santos 17% (8)
AchillesHeel
10/15/09 7:09:11PM
Apparently, Frank Mir is in the crosshairs. According to Franklin McNeil, on ESPN's MMA Live, Anderson Silva doesn't like the cut of Mir's jib, and Minotauro Nogueira doesn't like having an unavenged loss on his record to anybody not named Fedor.

McNeil also mentioned Junior dos Santos as someone the UFC might pencil into Mir's dance card, and I believe Mir has said that he'd like a rubber match with Mr. Lesnar. I also tossed Shane Carwin and Cain Velasquez into the poll, just 'cause, although if Velasquez loses to Rothwell, I'd probably lose interest in that matchup (I imagine Mir would too).
higdon10
10/15/09 7:34:05PM
I want to see a rematch with Nog.
spikerman19
10/15/09 7:57:32PM
Dos Santos would be a good fight for Mir. It would be a good win for both fighters.
Wallass
10/15/09 8:02:48PM
Big Nog would beat Mir if they fought again. Especially since Brock "removed the horseshoe from Mir's ass".
IriShame
10/15/09 8:30:12PM
I would definetly like to see him fight Dos Santos. I'm riding pretty high on Junior right now and I'd like to see if he can smash such a good BJJ guy in Mir.
StorminYourman
10/15/09 9:19:43PM
I like the idea of Anderson stepping all the way up to HW to fight Mir.
Probaly will never happen though.
Kongo is kind of like a big Anderson only with very little ground skills.
NatedawgThaM
10/15/09 9:26:17PM
He'll probably get the Hardonk/Berry either one after Kongo knocks him out.
Pskinner_mma314
10/16/09 2:06:27AM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

wow.................really................ok 1st of all Mir already schooled Hardonk, 2nd, Mir may be among the cockiest of cocky, but hes not stupid, hes gonna do what Cain did, and take him down, once hes there Kongo is like Kimbo, useless.

Mir has at least enough standup skill to hang with Kongo until he can get a takedown. I like Kongo. i mean how can u not with a name like Cheick Kongo, but the guy is lost on the ground whereas Mir is at home. I got Mir by sub.

p.s. I wanna see Kongo vs Lesnar in a K1 fight
seanfu
10/16/09 2:18:29AM
I would like to see Anderson tear his ass up.
Jackelope
10/16/09 9:21:10AM
I want to see that Big Nog rematch so we can finally know the real deal between those two.
PABLOMAFIOSO
10/16/09 9:21:41AM
I would definitely like to see Dos Santos put to the test against Mir. If he got the win he would deserve a title shot. Mir would also be put (back) in the frame with a victory.
Also anything could happen in this fight. Both are capable of ending it.
pv3Hpv3p
10/16/09 11:10:18AM
I like the idea of Mir fighting the winner of Dos Santos / Gonzaga...

But I would also really be interested in the rematch with Nogueira...

Can't decide
UFCmma666
10/16/09 12:22:47PM

Posted by IriShame

I would definetly like to see him fight Dos Santos. I'm riding pretty high on Junior right now and I'd like to see if he can smash such a good BJJ guy in Mir.

i think we know what happens when its dos santos vs a good bjj guy
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
NatedawgThaM
10/16/09 4:05:35PM

Posted by Pskinner_mma314

Posted by NatedawgThaM

wow.................really................ok 1st of all Mir already schooled Hardonk, 2nd, Mir may be among the cockiest of cocky, but hes not stupid, hes gonna do what Cain did, and take him down, once hes there Kongo is like Kimbo, useless.

Mir has at least enough standup skill to hang with Kongo until he can get a takedown. I like Kongo. i mean how can u not with a name like Cheick Kongo, but the guy is lost on the ground whereas Mir is at home. I got Mir by sub.

Since when has Mir ever had great wrestling to take Kongo down? I agree if its hits the ground Mir will tear a limb off. I just don't see it hitting the ground. Mir thinks hes such a good striker now and I dont think he can take Kongo down honestly. Think they'll stand and Kongo will take him out.
Pskinner_mma314
10/16/09 4:08:10PM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Posted by Pskinner_mma314

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Since when has Mir ever had great wrestling to take Kongo down? I agree if its hits the ground Mir will tear a limb off. I just don't see it hitting the ground. Mir thinks hes such a good striker now and I dont think he can take Kongo down honestly. Think they'll stand and Kongo will take him out.

Hey i never said Mir had good wrestling, i just think he'll be able to take him down, i mean if he is retarded enough to trade with Kongo, hes goin to sleep, but i honestly dont think hes that dumb.
Jackelope
10/16/09 5:05:48PM
When you're a person like Mir you can always jump guard, too. Mir's best JJ comes from his guard, so it's not like he necessarily even has to worry about being able to take Kongo down.
Aether
10/16/09 5:45:21PM
I always wonder why certain BJJ practitioners don't jump guard more often against standup fighters that they can't take down. Granted, in most cases it's not a good idea, but when it's a world class ground fighter vs striker with a sprawl it can definitely be a good tactic.
Jackelope
10/16/09 6:01:18PM

Posted by Aether

I always wonder why certain BJJ practitioners don't jump guard more often against standup fighters that they can't take down. Granted, in most cases it's not a good idea, but when it's a world class ground fighter vs striker with a sprawl it can definitely be a good tactic.

So what you're telling me is you're a HUGE Vinny Megalhaes fan?

tec52
10/20/09 6:37:16PM

Posted by higdon10

I want to see a rematch with Nog.

This ^^^^^^^^^^
copcopps
10/20/09 7:31:40PM
Carwin or lesnar whoever loses. Dunno why I would just like to see Frank fight Brock in rubber match or Carwin to see if Carwin can handle his BJJ
Rush
10/20/09 9:53:39PM
I take it Mir never trained at Black House.