4 events in a little less then a month and half too much for the UFC?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » 4 events in a little less then a month and half too much for the UFC?
ricoj3323
9/19/08 3:31:38AM
UFC 91: Couture vs. Lesnar
Nov 15, 2008

UFC Fights for the Troops/UFC Fight Night 16
Dec 10, 2008

The Ultimate Fighter 8 Finale
Dec 13, 2008

UFC 92
Dec 27, 2008

These are the events for the UFC at the end of the year and they run kind of close together so my question for you is do you think the UFC has enough good matchmaking and fighters available to make great cards for the PPV events and good cards for the finale and fight night? right now its seems that UFC 91 is coming together well and the UFC is throwing everything into this event but I hardly hear anything about UFC 92 or T.U.F 8 finale.

will each event be balanced from top to bottom with good fights? and will the talent level for each event be high?
does the UFC have what it takes to make all these events great or are they in over their head?

I'm excited for all these events and I hope they could make each of these events great but i'm watching them either way and it greats the UFC is going to end the year off like this
haggiswashere
9/19/08 3:35:40AM
im actually so psyched for these. i think they can do it. i would rather see more events. probably not that many but more than they usually do.
Jshep714
9/19/08 3:50:40AM
Well according to MMAJunkie.com
This is the rumored fight card for the Fightnight so far
* Josh Koscheck vs. TBA
* Dale Hartt vs. Corey Hill
* Rich Clementi vs. TBA

The fight nights are usually up and comers with 3-4 fights with established fighters

And for 92 these are the rumored fights
* Champ Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira vs. Frank Mir (for interim UFC heavyweight title)
* C.B. Dollaway vs. Jorge Rivera

I think off the top of my head this one might be a little weak.

The finale will just be all the cast fighting with one or two fights with already UFC regulars Maybe a Stephan Bonnar or a Another TUF alumni thats established
Wolfenstein
9/19/08 4:03:49AM
The more UFC the better. It's not like the UFC for the troops has to be a stellar card. No offense to our armed forces.
stock
9/19/08 7:27:51AM
yes
Pookie
9/19/08 7:39:52AM
I think UFC 92 will be a better card than 91, the december cards always are.
cmb19932
9/19/08 10:13:23AM
no way 91 is stacked
Mchubb316
9/19/08 10:51:29AM
Too much MMA? No way. There is no such thing as too much MMA. The more the better. UFC or not MMA is MMA.
Rabi
9/19/08 11:02:20AM
* Josh Koscheck vs. TBA
* Rich Clementi vs. TBA

Adding on to what Jshep714 said.

Koshcheck v Yoshida
Clementi v Gray Maynard.

Both these fights seem exciting to me.
Twenty20Dollars
9/19/08 11:11:51AM
in october they are airing, ufc 86, week after ufc 87 and then its ufc 89 and then ufc 90
CantAndleDaRiddum
9/19/08 12:14:50PM
undoubtedly yes
ThaAxeMurderer7
9/19/08 12:48:49PM

Posted by Rabi

* Josh Koscheck vs. TBA
* Rich Clementi vs. TBA

Koshcheck v Yoshida
Clementi v Gray Maynard.

I thought Rich Clementi vs. Gray Maynard was scheduled for UFC 90 in Chicago?
voodoo-jitsu
9/19/08 2:21:40PM
they have enough good fighters in their stable to put on good shows. i cant wait!
StorminYourman
9/19/08 3:16:45PM
i think there is plenty of talent not to mention money to make all these events worthwhile.
Sometimes stylistically you can have a boring fight between two great fighters but the point is to make it so each fighter has a fighting chance. The UFC has been good about this.Some other companies (*cough) EliteXC (*cough) ehhh not so much!
prozacnation1978
9/19/08 8:44:11PM
might be a little too much fro me in dec
but i was thinking same thing if they will have enough great matchups for all 4 events

the dec vegas i am going too so that's is important to get good matches on the card
Cdellorso
9/20/08 2:19:06AM
Guida will also be in the mix.... I know he wants Chicago but he may get one of the others...

Damn that kids tough - anyone know of Brent Metcalfe? he is a Top NCAA wrestler- he is like Guida with the Push the pace wear you out attach style- he gets down in the 1st but Ive never seen ANYONE with his cardio....
bls1919
9/20/08 10:37:35PM
The UFC talent pool is deep and Silva knows what he's doing....so yeah its gonna be all good.
Pitbull09
9/21/08 12:01:42AM
Half of the events are free and one is for the TUF 8 roster so its not like they will be short on fighters.

I have no problem with this.
matthughes23
9/21/08 2:27:41AM

Posted by ThaAxeMurderer7

Posted by Rabi

* Josh Koscheck vs. TBA
* Rich Clementi vs. TBA

Koshcheck v Yoshida
Clementi v Gray Maynard.

Clementi/Maynard is for 90 if I'm not mistaken but the UFC plan to have him for that card if he doesn't get hurt bad or something like that. He will be fighting on that card but not against Maynard and will only be fighting on that card if he can get past Maynard unscathed. Kinda tough on the guy.
jocka
9/21/08 2:26:05PM
They definitly have ebough figther to nake it happend plus its the perfect chane to introduce the public to the up and comer figthers since 2 out of 4 events are free.
Pitbull09
9/21/08 9:07:50PM

Posted by matthughes23

Posted by ThaAxeMurderer7

Posted by Rabi

* Josh Koscheck vs. TBA
* Rich Clementi vs. TBA

Koshcheck v Yoshida
Clementi v Gray Maynard.

Clementi/Maynard is for 90 if I'm not mistaken but the UFC plan to have him for that card if he doesn't get hurt bad or something like that. He will be fighting on that card but not against Maynard and will only be fighting on that card if he can get past Maynard unscathed. Kinda tough on the guy.

I've been watiing a long time to see Maynard get someone good to fight and for KOs to fight again. Wonder who they will give him?