Events closing too early

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA Playground Game Talk » Events closing too early
Shawn91111
3/9/12 2:42:53PM
Nothing to see here
emfleek
3/9/12 2:48:46PM
Not sure about the other mods, but I don't pay much attention to the Secondary League. I set my picks well before the deadline (when I remember to make picks anyways) so I never really pay much attention to the lockout time.

Shoot me a PM next time it happens and we'll get it changed.
FastKnockout
3/9/12 3:55:54PM
Damn. I didn't have a chance to update my picks after the weigh-in switch.
Cooler
3/11/12 1:03:51AM
Secondary League ending days apart from certain events is bunk.

And the last UFC event ending at 12 noon was brutal as well.
Cooler
3/11/12 1:05:39AM
And you should be able to change a pick all the way up until it's the fight after the one that's already in progress.
Pookie
3/13/12 9:37:45AM

Posted by Cooler

And you should be able to change a pick all the way up until it's the fight after the one that's already in progress.

The problem with that though is that it's way more work for the Programmer to set a rolling lockdown where the fights lock seperately. The programmer is already behind on Badges, why add more work to the que?

Also, what if fights happen out of the scheduled order, which they sometimes do. You might have one fight lockdown 2 matches before it starts, (which will throw people off if they utilize the new change), and another fight that you can change after it's already finished. Not to mention how often the fights are delayed longer than their scheduled time, which adds another layer of improbability to setting up a scheduled rolling lockdown where you can a fight one fight before it starts. Really when was the last time the UFC prelims starting on time?
Kpro
3/13/12 8:07:01PM
I say we use the honor system and lock after the card ends.
Cooler
3/14/12 12:11:03AM
Kpro's definitely on to something here
george112
3/14/12 1:40:55AM

Posted by Kpro

I say we use the honor system and lock after the card ends.

Seriously . I totally missed the start of the secondary league cause of the lockout time. Kind of caught me by surprise
Shelter
3/27/12 8:31:55PM
I think people should stop whining and get their picks in on time, that's what I think.

It's not like it's a mystery when it's going to happen, it says right on the page where you make your picks. Plus when it's the secondary league and the event is in Russia or India or something, can you really blame the mod in charge for not knowing precisely when the fights will start?

And as far as the rolling lockdown goes, there's no way it would be worth the extra effort required.