UFC event updates: Ireland, South Africa and Maine events in the works

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » UFC event updates: Ireland, South Africa and Maine events in the works
grappler0000
8/16/13 8:07:21AM
Ireland and South Africa appear to be on the UFC's agenda. And while we're talking far-flung locales, Bangor, Maine, could be in for a show, too.

It wouldn't be a Dana White media scrum without a handful of questions about future plans for the UFC's road show. At Thursday's UFC Fight Night press conference at the Wang Theatre, White confirmed the three locales are in the works, though no dates are set...

Link
airkerma
8/16/13 8:32:47AM
But who will headline the Maine card?!?!?!

jjeans
8/16/13 9:52:53AM
Large white bald man in South Africa with a big loud mouth Brooklyn voice. Dana better stick to the safe roads.
Chieftan1997
8/16/13 10:01:53AM
I live in Old Town which is right beside Bangor so this would be sweet!!! Put Boetch on the card and bring back Marcus Davis for a fight if possible!!!

jjeans
8/16/13 10:07:21AM

Posted by Chieftan1997

I live in Old Town which is right beside Bangor so this would be sweet!!! Put Boetch on the card and bring back Marcus Davis for a fight if possible!!!

Not happening, Marcus Davis has got a contract with Bellator and you know what it's like trying to get out of those Bellator contracts.

On that note were you born in 1997?

I feel old
Chieftan1997
8/16/13 10:18:09AM
No my son was born in 1997 i was born in 1972. Yeah I figured it wouldn't happen but I used to train at Marcus's gym and still go down sometimes so a guy can dream! LOL!!! Mike Brown was originally from Portland so he could be on the card too.

Bring back Big Tim!! HAHAAHA! JK!!!!
Bythar
8/16/13 10:31:39AM
I really hope for another Irish event - it has been teased for a while now but never came up. I've been at both that were over here (Franklin vs Okami in 07, and Franklin v Hendo in 09.) We've been starved ever since. I know they tend not to stack the cards too much, but a UFC show is a UFC show.
jjeans
8/16/13 10:55:30AM
Brandao vs McGregor co-main event in Ireland. They should both be walking away with big finishes this weekend and should be ready to go again soon after and there 2 fierce strikers.

Awesome match up for the Irish fans!
Hideous
8/16/13 11:34:39AM
if only Mike Bernardo was still alive - he could have been on a possible South African card - would have loved to see him toe to toe anyone in the UFC.
Goatenstein
8/16/13 11:43:33AM

Posted by Hideous

if only Mike Bernardo was still alive - he could have been on a possible South African card - would have loved to see him toe to toe anyone in the UFC.

He would have ended up like Stefan Leko in PRIDE.
prozacnation1978
8/16/13 2:01:52PM
Tim slyvia is somewhere licking his chops right now
To get on that main card
Webbie
8/16/13 3:41:45PM
BANGOR? FUCK YEAH! MAKE IT HAPPEN, DANA!
grappler0000
8/16/13 5:36:08PM

Posted by jjeans

Large white bald man in South Africa with a big loud mouth Brooklyn voice. Dana better stick to the safe roads.

South Africa is no stranger to white folk. There are even a few areas where white is the dominant population.
Bustamante-Aoki
8/16/13 7:30:50PM
They'll probably end up signing Cathal Pendred if they're going back to Ireland. That would be cool.