The most evenly matched fighters ever....

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » The most evenly matched fighters ever....
Next Page »
StriderXero
9/30/08 8:45:07PM
I was thinking it was Wanderlei and Rampage at first, but then there Wandy's brutal KOs off of Rampage.
Then I was this thinking Big Nog and Fedor but then again Fedor outclassesed him twice.

So I think for right now my vote goes to GSP and Penn. I basically see the canceling each other out all the time. I seriously dont know who to pick, even now that they are going to fight. They both improved so much since they faught.
cowcatcher
9/30/08 8:51:16PM
if we are talking about upcoming matchups, or possible matchups id toss franklin and hendo out there. its tough to pick a winner because both are able to win no matter where the fight goes, and both are pretty well rounded fighters.
StriderXero
9/30/08 9:02:33PM

Posted by cowcatcher

if we are talking about upcoming matchups, or possible matchups id toss franklin and hendo out there. its tough to pick a winner because both are able to win no matter where the fight goes, and both are pretty well rounded fighters.

I aws talking about both cases. I know Wandy/Page and Penn/GSP are going to happen, but I meant more along the lines of fighters who already faught each other before.

Plus I cant wait to see Hendo/Ace. Not sure who would win that fight either.
juanez13
9/30/08 9:40:24PM
some that come to mind->

Shogun vs Lil Nog

Souwer vs Buakaw

Aerts vs Hoost

BJ vs GSP

Matches coming up->

Bj vs GSP

Franklin vs Hendo

aaa9erh8er
9/30/08 10:20:51PM
i fight that was pretty even was the jauquen hanson fight in pride against the irish guy im drawing a blank right now but curently tiago silva?machida is good
also the hendo/ace fight
juanez13
9/30/08 11:04:42PM

Posted by aaa9erh8er

i fight that was pretty even was the jauquen hanson fight in pride against the irish guy im drawing a blank right now but curently tiago silva?machida is good
also the hendo/ace fight

Joachim Hansen?... cant figure out what opponent you are talking about though, dont recall any irish guy, although Joachim does look Irish., so you might have gotten confused.

which brings me to->

Yves Edwards vs Joachim Hansen
Jackelope
9/30/08 11:16:58PM
Pretty sure he might be talking about Eddie Alvarez vs. Joachim Hansen. Which was an amazing fight that could have gone either way at any time. We also get the pleasure of a rematch very soon

I am going to have to agree with most everyone else here, though and go with GSP vs. BJ.

Edit: Oh I just saw that he said Pride, not dream. And obviously I knew from the beginning Eddie Alvarez isn't irish (just figured maybe he was confused)

So anyways I'd like to add Hansen vs. Alvarez as very evenly matched competitors who will be rematching soon
hotrodttt
9/30/08 11:38:30PM

Posted by juanez13

Posted by aaa9erh8er

also the hendo/ace fight

Joachim Hansen?... cant figure out what opponent you are talking about though, dont recall any irish guy, although Joachim does look Irish., so you might have gotten confused.

which brings me to->

Yves Edwards vs Joachim Hansen

I think he might be talking about Jason Ireland
Biggz
10/1/08 12:24:36AM
i think Nog vs Mir is going to be great! i don't think either one has a upper hand on the ground and i think Nogs stand up and experience is a little better. but pretty even overall
CantAndleDaRiddum
10/1/08 12:49:40AM
rampage vs forrest

at cowcatcher's av
Naturaldisaster
10/1/08 2:29:26AM
I actually think Diego and Kos are pretty evenly matched. both have a victory over each other though their 2nd fight is the only one that counts. Both are developing their hands pretty quickly. Kos has the better wrestling, obviously but deigo isnt bad at all once he gets it to the ground. Diego is the more aggressive of the 2.
cowcatcher
10/1/08 7:55:12AM

Posted by CantAndleDaRiddum

rampage vs forrest

at cowcatcher's av

thats not funny

BTW with the brewers eeking into the playoffs i dont mind having this av knowing that the brewers are still in it......theres still a chance at a cubs/brewers NLCS and that makes me happy.
TruestSoulSoljah
10/1/08 10:01:29AM
How about Alves and Sanchez.
Soko vs. Cane
Griffin vs. Sherk
Rampage vs. Wandy
mkiv9secsupra
10/1/08 12:35:48PM
Wanderlei vs Arona
Wanderlei vs Yoshida?
Naturaldisaster
10/1/08 2:12:08PM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Wanderlei vs Arona

that was gonna be one of them I mentioned but then I thought back to their fights. I actually think Arona should have won both of their fights. The 2nd fight should have been a SD to Arona, Not wandy.
loller90278
10/1/08 2:14:23PM
edgar vs griffin
shogun vs lil nog
werdum vs big nog
crocop vs alistair
Mattchoo
10/1/08 2:27:52PM
Chuck Norris vs God
jiujitsufreak74
10/1/08 2:50:03PM
Andy Hug vs Cro Cop
Griffin vs Guida
Edgar vs Griffin
Arona vs Lister
****most even match-up ever: Sakuraba vs Royce Gracie (how has this not been said yet?)
Bowen50
10/1/08 3:40:47PM
Henderson Vs. Wanderlei
complete back and forth battle until Hendo got the KO, outstanding fight
Ben_Hutch
10/1/08 4:31:32PM
Anderson Silva vs. GSP
SpiderSilva
10/1/08 7:15:16PM
Tito vs Rashad now that fight ended in a tie can't get any more even then a tie
jiujitsufreak74
10/1/08 7:27:39PM

Posted by SpiderSilva

well, there have been a lot of draws, but most of them are due to the factt hat one fighter got deducted points.

i'm telling you guys Saku vs Royce I is the most evenly matched fight ever. it went on for an hour and a half and was eventually stopped because Gracie could no longer stand suffering from a broken foot prompting his corner to throw in the towel.
cmill21
10/1/08 7:37:50PM
Cro Cop vs. Aerts. Beat that I dare you.
Aaronno9
10/1/08 7:39:54PM
Tyson vs Guida. I seriously think these 2 could fight all day with no clear winner and neither gassing out.
CwB
10/1/08 8:28:02PM
how about
fedor vs ME AHAHAHAHAHA just kidding fedor wouldn't stand a chance

forrest griffin vs stephan bonnar at the time of the fight it was one of the most evenly matched fights out there( even though today forrest has grown as a fighter bonnar hasnt yet)

SpiderSilva
10/1/08 9:01:57PM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

Posted by SpiderSilva

well, there have been a lot of draws, but most of them are due to the factt hat one fighter got deducted points.

i'm telling you guys Saku vs Royce I is the most evenly matched fight ever. it went on for an hour and a half and was eventually stopped because Gracie could no longer stand suffering from a broken foot prompting his corner to throw in the towel.

oh yeah I forgot Tito lost a point shows how much that fight really matterd to me anyway thanks for the reminder

What about Royce vs Ken Shamrock the superfight

Or Bonner vs Griffin #1 that fight gets one of these
juanez13
10/1/08 11:20:00PM

Posted by cmill21

Kaman vs Hoost

close call.
CantAndleDaRiddum
10/2/08 12:07:42AM

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by CantAndleDaRiddum

rampage vs forrest

at cowcatcher's av

thats not funny

BTW with the brewers eeking into the playoffs i dont mind having this av knowing that the brewers are still in it......theres still a chance at a cubs/brewers NLCS and that makes me happy.

true, would yall do another bet?

i heard about sheets being hurt, thats not good news
cmill21
10/2/08 12:15:31AM

Posted by juanez13

Posted by cmill21

Kaman vs Hoost

close call.

Ohhh tight. Anyone who hasn't watched these fights, do so.
haggiswashere
10/3/08 2:58:05AM
When superman and the flash had the footrace!!!
Or if you replaced either name with lyoto mashida or Kalib Starnes!!!
Darth Vader vs Mace Windu.
Peter Griffin vs Homer Simpson.
Sorry watchin the family guy star wars special.
Rick Astley vs Chocolate Rain guy for most unsuited deep voice contest.
Chuck Norris vs 5 chuck norris's yeah im not sure either but don't hurt yourself thinkin about it.
Fedor vs a shotgun. i don't think any shotguns will volunteer though

in all seriousness Chuck and Wandy i wanna see number 2 someday bu i think chuck is on a downfall and wandy still has a little time left.so i doubt it will happen again
Pages: [1] 2