SILVA KO/TKO 53% (31)
SILVA SUB 12% (7)
SILVA UD/SPLIT 8% (5)
mrkennedy
2/28/08 10:50:01PM
who gone a win this one
NatedawgThaM
2/28/08 10:56:19PM
I think this is an easy one for Thiago, who I have as the champ come at the end of 09, 08 will be his year of uprising.

Thiago is better at everything.

Stand up- Thiago KO's him with beautiful Chutebox Muai Thai
Ground game- Thiago hands down, BJJ Black belt. Submits him.
Cardio- Thiago as we have seen Rashad gas on numerous occassions.

The thing Rashad has on Thiago is his wrestling and that's not even going to be a factor. The best submission fighter Rashad has ever faced is Stephon and he's a striker before grappler. Sam Hoger almost submitted Rashad for christ sake. Imagine a BJJ black belt?

Thiago is going to give him hell, picking him apart on the feet and then I see Rashad taking him down which is when Thiago will submit him for get a better position and stop him. Thiago 2nd RD sub. But I wouldn't be surprised at a TKO since that's were most his wins come as even though he's a better grappler. Irony huh?
MALICE
2/28/08 11:01:24PM
Silva is just a better fighter all around. Rashad has been squeezing by for a long time. His wrestling is only going to take him so far. I think Silva teach Rashad a lesson on the feet, Rashad will go for takedowns, gas, and Silva will win via UD if not by 3rd round tko.
nickcuc547
2/28/08 11:04:47PM
silva is a better all around fighter, but rashad's wrestling is superior, i think he lays on thiago and gets out of a few sub attempts. his ground control will be enough to get a close decision.
tuvok500
2/28/08 11:17:45PM
Rashad will have no difficulty to beat Silva.

Greg Jackson and his squad are going to prepare him very well, and i will not be surprise to see Rashad showing some jumping GSP style takedown on Silva.
We saw Marquatd doing it on Horn .

Rashad easy 30 -27 !!

mrkennedy
2/28/08 11:18:47PM
rashad gone a take down silva and just gnp him to the end
mrkennedy
2/28/08 11:21:16PM

Posted by tuvok500

Greg Jackson and his squad are going to prepare him very well, and i will not be surprise to see Rashad showing some jumping GSP style takedown on Silva.

Rashad easy 30 -27 !!

mon ami de st-felicien a raison

i mean tuvock500 is right
Pookie
2/28/08 11:27:23PM
I am thoroughly unimpressed with Thiago, even more than i am with Rashad... i'll have to mull this over... both will lose against their first top ten fighter faced
Pitbull09
2/28/08 11:34:55PM
lol I have no idea how but I thought this thread was for Anderson Silva vs Evan Tanner

I hope Thiago takes this one, Rashad needs to lose to realize what he needs to do to reach the next level in that division
Pookie
2/28/08 11:48:33PM
It's funny to think that is Houston Alexander won against Thiago he'd be fighting rashad.
postman
2/28/08 11:52:46PM

Posted by tuvok500

Rashad easy 30 -27 !!

I get the feeling you will be backing anyone who trains with Jackson and GSP from here on out.
Pookie
2/28/08 11:54:36PM

Posted by postman

Posted by tuvok500

Rashad easy 30 -27 !!

I get the feeling you will be backing anyone who trains with Jackson and GSP from here on out.

...nah
tuvok500
2/28/08 11:58:58PM

Posted by postman

Posted by tuvok500

Rashad easy 30 -27 !!

Well, Rashad is not a can and he is not fighting a so tuff guy.
Jardine is also not a can and Wandy is just a guy that a lot of peoples love but in reality he will be outclass by Jardine.

As for Marquatd, i would never pick him agains Anderson Silva !!

But i would take GSP against Anderson Silva, hope it will happen soon !!

candynuts
2/29/08 1:03:33AM
Evans has a badass LnP though. So it will be a tough fight for Thiago though.
I got Rashad by decision.
jiujitsufreak74
2/29/08 3:07:30AM
i have a breakdown for this fight that i posted a while back:

Thiago vs Rashad

Thiago is a well-rounded fighter with great BJJ and muay thai skills coming out of the infamous chute box camp. thiago proved in his fight against houston that he is no stepping stone and is intent on climbing the LHW rankings. he has devastating KO power in all 8 points of striking, is still undefeated and has some nasty leg locks that he has yet to unleash in the UFC. rashad is a powerful fighter who uses his strength and wresting to win fights. he is also undefeated and always finds a way to win. even though it was against sean salmon, rashad has proved he has KO power in both his hands and feet and taught jason lambert to not take him lightly. however, his submission game could use a little work and he looked a little sloppy against bisping but overall he is a solid fighter. i see thiago's muay thai being more crisp and accurate than rashad's striking. i can see rashad getting frustrated with thiago's superior striking and trying to take this to the ground. however, if he does, thiago is very good on the ground and can possibly escape from the bottom or even catch rashad in a submission. i just think thiago is more technical in most parts of the MMA game (especially striking and submission wise) and is better than rashad at every aspect except maybe wrestling and pure strength. thiago will prove that he is a force in the LHW division among all of the talent and after this fight he will keep his undefeated streak while ending rashad's...i say Thiago via 3rd round KO

the more i think about this i have seriously considered that rashad's wrestling isn't as good as everyone makes it out to be and i see him possibly getting subbed, either way this will be a good fight.

Franklinfan47
2/29/08 9:19:07AM
Thiago by KO or tko. The only thing Rashad offers in this fight is to lay some solid LnP tactics. If he does, it will get stood up eventually and Rashad is getting put down with a big shot.
atlas777
2/29/08 10:16:28AM
Im going to pick Silva becuase i cant stand evans and i want him to lose and until it happens i will pick anyone to beat him even my baby cousin.
gsquat
2/29/08 10:23:48AM
I've said it before and I'll say it again... be prepared to be reminded why Rashad is top ten in the toughest division. Thiago has beat nobody even close to the caliber of fighter that Rashad is, and hasn't looked that impressive in most of his fights (not bad against Alexander, but he was just the first to expose his lack of ground game). Rashad, on the other hand, has beat, now top ten, Keith Jardine (on the show), Stephan Bonnar, Jason Lambert, Michael Bisping. Not to mention guys like Ramirez, Hoger, and Imes. Say whatever you want now, but when the fight is over, and Rashad has his hand raised because the fight wasn't even close, I'll be the first to say," I told you so." Don't bet me because I already have an avatar bet with StevenSeagal .

ps. Rashad has better striking.
pv3Hpv3p
2/29/08 11:14:39AM
This fight will closely resemble Koscheck vs Joslin, IMO...

Rashad will try and stand for a few minutes... Realize that TD's are the only thing that will get him a win with a competant striker like Thiago...

So it's going to be a lot of standup/takedown bullshit (IMO Chutebox guys are not known for their TD defense)... But unfortunately great wrestling is the equalizer to most any other martial art... While it may not be too exciting, it's damn tough to get around... especially if the opponent doesn't have at least somewhat of a strong wrestling background......

I'm hoping Rashad will gas and Thiago will still have enough in the tank to KO him late in the 3rd... But if I were a betting man, I'd probably put money on Evans, by UD or split
Franklinfan47
2/29/08 11:29:43AM

Posted by gsquat

pv3Hpv3p
2/29/08 11:31:33AM

Posted by Franklinfan47

Posted by gsquat

Dude, c'mon where's the respect? He KO'd Sean "Steelhead" Salmon!!!!
jocksmall
3/1/08 6:16:00PM
i give the edge to silva but evans has suprised me before so i will not be suprised by him in the future
skow711
3/1/08 8:26:31PM
Evans has better wrestling and striking and will win this fight by UD. Silva's standup is sloppy and will get beat up after Evans takes him down.
NatedawgThaM
3/1/08 8:34:53PM

Posted by skow711

Evans has better wrestling and striking and will win this fight by UD. Silva's standup is sloppy and will get beat up after Evans takes him down.

Your only proof of that is ONE KO win over Sean Salmon. Everybody else he's fought either won the stand up range or held there own. IMO Rashad it the new Tito Ortiz. If he can't outwrestle you, he's not going to win. Thiago is a much better grappler with a black belt in BJJ and Rashad has never faced a high quality grappler before but even Sam Hoger almost subbed him. So yeah...
chickmagnet
3/2/08 4:55:33PM
I think Thiago will sub. Rashad in the second, Rashad has good hands, but Silva does too along with kicks and knees. Rashad will take Thiago down but get caught in a triangle or somethin.
bls1919
3/2/08 5:07:00PM
I think this will be fight of the night. It is going to be a 2 rnd stand up war with Silva KO/TKOing evans. I look for fireworks from the get go one this one.......cant wait
tylerlee123
3/2/08 9:00:18PM
Evans will win this by unanimous, Silva will not KO him on the feet, the only place i see Silva knocking him out would be in mount but he wont be able to get him there Rashad's too good of a wrestler
bls1919
3/2/08 9:13:09PM
Silva BREAKS JAWS for a living, i think Rashad is going to be a hurting unit after this one
MALICE
3/2/08 9:23:27PM
I don't want to sound like an Evans hater because I am not. But I will never be a fan of his until he loses. It is just so frustrating to watch him fight. With the exceptions of the Salmon and Lambert fights. He just barely squeezes by. The Bisping, Bonnar, Imes, and Hoger fights were all too close to call. He just squeezed by. He will lose soon. Maybe then, he will be more enjoyable to watch.
Ordep
3/3/08 6:57:27PM

I want to be the best fighter. Does anybody has Greg Jackson number?

Thiago KO or Sub in the 2nd