EVANS AND LIDELL TO FIGHT!!

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » EVANS AND LIDELL TO FIGHT!!
cspecial
3/6/08 1:42:03AM
hey, i just got the news that they're slated to fight in ufc 85!!! we'll see if it happens guys but what do you think about it?
Pookie
3/6/08 1:56:04AM
Gayer than my avatar
NatedawgThaM
3/6/08 1:57:55AM

Posted by Pookie

Gayer than my avatar

Couldn't agree more!

All Rashad is or ever is going to be is the next Tito Ortiz. Big mouth, barely decent striking, with great wrestling. It's going to be the same outcome as either of the Tito/Chuck fights.

I'm saying Chuck TKO in the 2nd. And this better be on free TV.
Jipper
3/6/08 4:25:55AM

Posted by Pookie

Gayer than my avatar

Your Avatar wins in a landslide bro. 2 great fights are ruined to make one fight I really didn't need to see. Sure I'll enjoy it, hopefully Liddell will tests Rashad's chin but I would've preferred tons of Liddell & Rashad fights over this one.
Jipper
3/6/08 4:27:39AM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Posted by Pookie

Gayer than my avatar

Couldn't agree more!

All Rashad is or ever is going to be is the next Tito Ortiz. Big mouth, barely decent striking, with great wrestling. It's going to be the same outcome as either of the Tito/Chuck fights.

I'm saying Chuck TKO in the 2nd. And this better be on free TV.

Awfully good fights to be on free tv. Maybe if they land a network deal.
mrsmiley
3/6/08 7:38:33AM
I think they should have put Machida against Liddell and Rashad against Tito in a rematch.That would have been better in my opinion.
CornishMMA
3/6/08 7:51:59AM
I think everyones thoughts are on the thread in the proper news section
jiujitsufreak74
3/6/08 2:29:13PM
Just putting it out there...Evans does train with Kieth "The Techno Viking" Jardine so he does have a chance to win this one.

However i am going to have to go with Liddell on this one. too much experience, too much KO power and he has too good of a sprawl to lose to Evans. Liddell has made his career out of beating fighters like Rashad Evans (wrestlers with decent stand-up) and i don't think he will stop now. i see another sprawl and brawl KO for Chuck and hopefully he can face Shogun down the road because that fight was getting me pumped. Shogun vs Chuck would be like Wandy vs Chuck if it happened 3 years ago because just a short time ago these two warriors were at the top of their respected organizations and many arguments were held over who would win. now i know Shogun lost a lot of hype after his loss but i believe after rehabbing his knee he will definitely be a threat to Chuck.

so i see Chuck 1st round (T)KO and this is a horrible matchup for Rashad...especially against a renergized Chuck coming off of a big win.
seanfu
3/6/08 5:30:17PM
Chuck by massacre landslide decision in the 3ed. He'll come close to knocking Rashad out at some point.

Rashad WILL end up taking him down at some point but will do little damage before Liddell just gets up.

Evans is MASSIVE.
Rush
3/6/08 5:50:27PM
Well, Evans' future was looking up save his fight with Bisping. Now, it's looking worse. IMO, this is a bad match up for Evans. Chuck has the style to beat good wrestlers with limited striking ability. I think this will be Evans' first loss by about Rd 2. Of course I would love to see a surprise, but if Evans had a hard time taking Tito and Bisping down, then it' snot happening with Chuck. Evans' standup is not at the level of Chucks, at least the last time I watched them fight.
postman
3/6/08 6:08:47PM
Headline UFC to give Liddle one more Wrestler look for KO!
fullfighting
3/7/08 5:48:35PM
This is a lose-lose situation for Chuck. If he wins no big deal, thats whats expected of him but if he loses it hurts him bad. In my opinion Chuck should only be excepting "super" fights at this stage of his career. That being said, it is a huge opportunity for Rashad. I don't like it though.