Evans Jumped at chance to face Liddell

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Evans Jumped at chance to face Liddell
Pookie
3/10/08 5:45:09AM
Link
Fresh off the announcement that Mauricio “Shogun” Rua had to drop out of his fight with Chuck Liddell at UFC 85 due to a recurring knee injury, Rashad Evans got the call to step in as a replacement. There was no hesitation in his mind about accepting the fight.

“With Shogun being out, Dana White gave me a call and he asked me if I wanted the opportunity to fight Chuck,” recounted Evans in an interview with MMAWeekly.com, “And I’m like, ‘yeah!’"
whardin19
3/10/08 7:06:31AM
I think he might regret his decision after Liddell knocks him out. Don't get me wrong I like Rashad. But, I think he's stepping into a whole nother category as of talent going against Liddell. But I could see him juking around the ring awhile until he gasses then Liddell knocks him cold.
Twenty20Dollars
3/10/08 7:51:50AM
Bad decision for rashad, but I think Thiago would have destroyed Rashad too
CantAndleDaRiddum
3/10/08 8:44:54AM
every fighter should be willing to fight the best. if he's willing to put his undefeated record on the line against a legend, there's nothing wrong with that. i mean......what if he won? what if he knocks chuck out? im not saying its likely or gonna happen, but from his point of view i think he has every reason TO take this fight.

mad props to Rashad................

but i got Chuck by 1st rd KO
casey64
3/10/08 10:05:20AM

Posted by whardin19

I think he might regret his decision after Liddell knocks him out. Don't get me wrong I like Rashad. But, I think he's stepping into a whole nother category as of talent going against Liddell. But I could see him juking around the ring awhile until he gasses then Liddell knocks him cold.

I like Rashad but i dont think he is gonna win
Tailgunner
3/10/08 12:01:43PM
Evans is either going to get KTFO or he is gonna gas badly (like he always does) in the 3rd.

Rashad ain't beating Chuck.
disorderlyvision
3/10/08 12:16:59PM
I dont like rashad, he is the epitome of boring. i would have much rather seen thiago v chuck, i guess the ufc doesnt want chuck to take another loss. i was really looking forward to thiago beating the hell out of rashad. now i could care less cause im not a big fan of chuck either, but i guess i will have to root for him this time as i dislike rashad more.
ThaAxeMurderer7
3/10/08 12:58:02PM
I think this is a better move for Rashad. I still have him losing this fight but we all know how Chuck is. If Chuck comes in this fight looking stale, Rashad may catch him. There was absolutely no way he was beating Thiago though.
Tein_Lung
3/10/08 1:10:59PM
rashad has been undefeated for too long, hes not half the fighter alot of people make him out to be... I'm glad chuck is gonna show everyone that rashad is only an impressive fighter vs Cans and has beens
wolfman
3/10/08 3:06:23PM

Posted by disorderlyvision

I dont like rashad, he is the epitome of boring. i would have much rather seen thiago v chuck, i guess the ufc doesnt want chuck to take another loss. i was really looking forward to thiago beating the hell out of rashad. now i could care less cause im not a big fan of chuck either, but i guess i will have to root for him this time as i dislike rashad more.

I personally don't think that Thiago could beat Chuck. The only way Thiago beats Chuck is if he gets him on the ground, and I don't think that would happen. Liddell has one of the best sprawls in mma and when he does get taken down, he usually pops right back up. If Irvin was able to tool Thiago on the feet, just imagine what Liddell could do to him.

Silva is more tailor made for Liddell, Thiago would just come out brawling and Liddell would use the same game plan he used against Wand. I would predict a first or second round TKO. Yes, Rashad is also a perfect match for Liddell, yet I could see Thiago being an easier fight for him. This is just my personal opinion. Chuck isn't the most technical striker, but he does pack power in unorthodox punches that would probably put Thiago out. I hope Liddell TKO's Rashad, but I could see the fight going to a decision.
president234
3/10/08 4:23:21PM
the way i see it rashad was gonna have to fight him sooner or later if he kept winning.
jakeiceman
3/10/08 5:46:51PM
I know I have established myself as a Liddell "nuthugger" wait....for some reason that doesnt bother me....but I hope Liddell just absolutely lights this prick up. I remember when Rashad fought Salmon, Shaun was actually holding his own, if not getting the better of most of the exchanges until Evans caught him with the big kick. I just remember the cocky ass look on Evan's face and how he "brushed" it off like it was nothing.....what an overrated little ass. But back on the topic.....Liddell will (AND BETTER) knock this guy silly. I'm talkin and old fashioned ass whooping.....I see it ending in late round 1, early round 2 when Evans swallows his mouthpeice and half of Liddells fist!! DAMN I HATE EVANS!!!
NatedawgThaM
3/10/08 7:34:41PM

Posted by wolfman

I personally don't think that Thiago could beat Chuck. The only way Thiago beats Chuck is if he gets him on the ground, and I don't think that would happen. Liddell has one of the best sprawls in mma and when he does get taken down, he usually pops right back up. If Irvin was able to tool Thiago on the feet, just imagine what Liddell could do to him.

Silva is more tailor made for Liddell, Thiago would just come out brawling and Liddell would use the same game plan he used against Wand. I would predict a first or second round TKO. Yes, Rashad is also a perfect match for Liddell, yet I could see Thiago being an easier fight for him. This is just my personal opinion. Chuck isn't the most technical striker, but he does pack power in unorthodox punches that would probably put Thiago out. I hope Liddell TKO's Rashad, but I could see the fight going to a decision.

I think Thiago would beat him with leg kicks and that's all you need to embarrass Chcuk because he does not check them! It's how Jardine beat him. Chuck Loss the knockout power. He couldn't KO Wandy or Jardine and they were standing in front of him the whole time and he was hitting them with his best shots. I don't think he'll KO Rashad at all nevertheless Thiago who's ten times tougher.

Chuck will win the lop sided decision though IMO over Rashad from Sprawling and schooling him on the feet since Rashad has the most overrated stand up in the game. Thiago is Chutebox tough but I won't predict that fight yet since I still want to see Thiago against top competition to see if he can handle it like I think he can.
telnights
3/10/08 8:07:00PM
All I will say is the title should read

"Evans Jumped at chance to get knocked out"
jakeiceman
3/10/08 11:46:56PM

Posted by NatedawgThaM

Posted by wolfman

I think Thiago would beat him with leg kicks and that's all you need to embarrass Chcuk because he does not check them! It's how Jardine beat him. Chuck Loss the knockout power. He couldn't KO Wandy or Jardine and they were standing in front of him the whole time and he was hitting them with his best shots. I don't think he'll KO Rashad at all nevertheless Thiago who's ten times tougher.

Chuck will win the lop sided decision though IMO over Rashad from Sprawling and schooling him on the feet since Rashad has the most overrated stand up in the game. Thiago is Chutebox tough but I won't predict that fight yet since I still want to see Thiago against top competition to see if he can handle it like I think he can.

Nate Dawg...my man....I would seriously crap my pants if one day you said something good about Liddell...honestly!! Just kiddin man....but I disagree Liddell WILL in fact knock this clown out, and he has far from lost his KO power...again....the Jardine fight was just a crappy night for him, if you judge everyone by one fight then....well everyone who has ever fought would suck....and Silva had a better chin than most thought so....again how has he lost his power????? Seriously did two losses just suck the life out of him?
D-Money34
3/11/08 11:58:06AM
Liddell is washed up, Keith destroyed him, Evans is going to bend Liddell over and 1-2 his ass
jakeiceman
3/11/08 5:27:26PM

Posted by D-Money34

Liddell is washed up, Keith destroyed him, Evans is going to bend Liddell over and 1-2 his ass [/QUOTE

Totally washed up.....Silva better retire.....Randy better retire....geez all these guys must really suck if they lost to Liddell. F*ck it! They should all retire... (sarcasm)]
telnights
3/11/08 10:11:44PM

Posted by D-Money34

Liddell is washed up, Keith destroyed him, Evans is going to bend Liddell over and 1-2 his ass

Thats a weak troll job.
EliasG
9/7/08 11:26:38AM

Posted by telnights

Posted by D-Money34

Thats a weak troll job.

Except...he was right!!