Evans-Jackson Postponed Until Early 2010

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Evans-Jackson Postponed Until Early 2010
StorminYourman
9/8/09 8:53:12PM

Quinton “Rampage” Jackson’s big break has broken up a headlining bout against Rashad Evans at UFC 107.

Jackson and Evans, rival coaches on “The Ultimate Fighter 10” debuting Sept. 16 on Spike TV, will no longer face off in a culminating bout on Dec. 12 in Memphis, Tenn., where Jackson hails from.

Evans was notified Saturday that his headlining light heavyweight bout with Jackson will be postponed until early 2010, as Jackson begins shooting a lead role in the feature film remake of “The A-Team” in Vancouver, British Columbia. The 31-year-old Jackson will reprise the role of “B.A. Baracus,” made famous by iconic personality Mr. T in the 1980s.

Numerous outlets, including U.K-based “The Sun,” have reported on the jeopardized bout for the last few weeks, and UFC President Dana White even voiced his disdain for Jackson’s moonlighting aspirations at UFC 102 in late August.

THE SUCKINESS IS CONFIRMED HERE
Nightmare27
9/8/09 9:14:15PM
It definetly sucks but at least there wont be anymore conflicting reports. We finally know what is going to happen, or not happen in this case. I for one hope that all goes well for Rampage and that the movie is a success.
mentalcase
9/8/09 9:24:07PM
if your an MMA fan and this move by rampage pisses you off boycott the film watch it on pirated copy if you must

i doubt it would happen but it would be awesome if this movie was a flop
Jackelope
9/8/09 9:33:41PM
I can't deny my personal feelings for this one. I hope Rashad KO's Rampage now, and I am NOT a Rashad Evans fan.

That being said, as far as the film and Rampage's future outside of this particular match goes I hope it all works out for him. I understand the guy has to make his paper and secure himself a future beyond fighting, but he really screwed the UFC and its fans with this one.
Mayhem13
9/8/09 10:24:30PM
not thrilled about Rampages choice...but its his choice..and will probably be financially a good move for him anyways..

Maybe it can go down in Columbus where it all started, if they come back for the Arnold Classic weekend again.
BustedKnuckle
9/8/09 10:25:20PM
AS Chris Berman, Keyshawn, TJ and the boys say on NFL countdown..........CMON MAN!!!!!!!!!!
Khaos
9/9/09 12:07:37AM
I very disappointed in Rampage for making this move, I mean it's kinda takes away from TUF a bit and I feel makes him a piraiah amoung MMA fans in a way.
SmileR
9/9/09 12:51:49AM
I don't get why everyone is so wound up over this?! Its like being told you can make $250,000 for fighting and lose out on a lot more or a hell of a lot more for acting and then being told you can fight once its done!

Rampage would have had to of been retarded to turn this opportunity down and people bitching would have done exactly the same in his situation!
Its not like he's ducking the fight its just postponed for a few months, lighten up!
Jackelope
9/9/09 2:30:39AM

Posted by SmileR

I don't get why everyone is so wound up over this?! Its like being told you can make $250,000 for fighting and lose out on a lot more or a hell of a lot more for acting and then being told you can fight once its done!

Rampage would have had to of been retarded to turn this opportunity down and people bitching would have done exactly the same in his situation!
Its not like he's ducking the fight its just postponed for a few months, lighten up!

It wouldn't be such a big deal if it wasn't tied in with TUF the way it is. Now we get to watch this whole season of TUF pretending like we're going to see an epic coaches battle at the end that seems like legitimate beef between two guys. That's going to be hard to do when we'll know the entire time that it's not going to happen and that the beef must not really be that strong considering the fact that Rampage was willing to wait for the fight. It all seems like it's part of a fake hype machine. I'm personally not down with that.

It's like Roger Huerta.. what do you want to do, fight or be a movie star? Pay homage to the thing that made you what you are, or turn your back on it? I just can't get behind it. We've all seen how quality Randy Couture's action films are.
D0wnUnd6e6r
9/9/09 8:19:10AM

Posted by mentalcase

if your an MMA fan and this move by rampage pisses you off boycott the film watch it on pirated copy if you must

i doubt it would happen but it would be awesome if this movie was a flop

I always do that anyways cept for my fav screenwriters or directors, then i'll spend the 10$... don't tell the gvt though
emfleek
9/9/09 8:27:44AM
I hope this movie KICKS ASS. I loved the A-Team back in the day.

I could care less about hype in regards to Jackson/Evans. The fight will happen eventually and I'll still watch it.
KaibaThedon
9/9/09 12:35:25PM
My friends saw Rampage at a club downtown here (Vancouver, British Columbia) hahah... but I'm not a fan of this move. I really think that he should just fight, but I don't think he can pass up the oppritunity to be Mr. T.

I pity the foo!