Evans & Griffin Headed To Breaking Point

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Evans & Griffin Headed To Breaking Point
MMAcca
12/5/08 1:43:50PM
Perhaps it goes with the territory for a psychology major, but Rashad Evans thinks deeply about his upcoming title fight with Forrest Griffin at UFC 92.

A little over three weeks away from the big night, he wants to make sure he looks at his shot through the right lens.

“It’s an opportunity that I have and I plan on seizing that opportunity, but if I don’t, this is by no means a make or break situation,” Evans says.

LINK
aaa9erh8er
12/5/08 1:49:24PM
hmmm im not sure if its not a break fight for him. he is already not a popular fighter(not hating im just going off hwat i see) if he looses he will be fed a few cans then disapread out of the organization. now if forrest looses i see him still being the ufc's perverbial golden boy.
FlashyG
12/5/08 2:10:47PM
Knocking out Chuck Liddell and not losing a fight will probably keep him in the UFC for an indefinite amount of time.

If they wanted to get rid of him they'd have him fighting Machida, Shogun, Rampage or Silva (either of them) right now hoping to knock him down a few pegs, not giving him a shot at the title.
theguido
12/5/08 2:24:02PM
Even though most fans don't really care for Evans I'm pretty sure that Dana sees him as a product of the UFC in the sense that he totally developed who he is in the UFC so I agree that this isn't make or break but it's a sighn of where he will be put in the division.
Mhunt1140
12/5/08 4:45:59PM
In my opinion this is not a make or break fight for Evans at all. Yes it is true that he isn't the UFC Golden Boy like many other fighters in the LW division but he is relatively young in a competitive mma sense compared to some of the others (Liddell, Wandy, and Rampage just to name a few.) These guys are huge names and are who the UFC markets.

As it was already said Evans has totally developed in the UFC. Going back to when he was on TUF until not he has become 1000 times better developing into more than just an athletic wrestler. His devastating hands and feet along with his wrestling background is something to look out for (loook at what Liddell did and Evans is a better wrestler).

I really think that if, and that is a pretty big if, he loses this fight and the UFC basically gives up on him then they have made a huge mistake.
gsquat
12/5/08 6:23:28PM
This is the definitely one of the easier passages to the belt (with the division being as stacked as it is). Forrest is no slouch, but he's the kind of guy Rashad has gone undefeated against. Rashad should win this handily. But if he doesn't, I think a move to MW would best suit him. He's 5' 11" and thats rather short in the LHW division. He'd do a lot of damage and give the MW more of the much needed talent. But again this is all very farfetched as he'll surely win the belt on the 27th .
Wolf
12/5/08 6:54:00PM

Posted by gsquat

This is the definitely one of the easier passages to the belt (with the division being as stacked as it is). Forrest is no slouch, but he's the kind of guy Rashad has gone undefeated against. Rashad should win this handily. But if he doesn't, I think a move to MW would best suit him. He's 5' 11" and thats rather short in the LHW division. He'd do a lot of damage and give the MW more of the much needed talent. But again this is all very farfetched as he'll surely win the belt on the 27th .

What about Forrest's game do you see as a weakness that Rashad could capitalize on that Rampage didn't? Rashad's hands aren't better than Rampage's, his wrestling is probably a little better, but Forrest has SICK BJJ. I see this as Forrest/Rampage II with Forrest by decision or late round sub.
GrandMaster313
12/5/08 7:03:23PM
the link seems to be broken. anyone know what it was about?
Wolf
12/5/08 8:56:14PM

Posted by GrandMaster313

Working Link

edit: that should work anyway. don't know what the deal is.
grappler0000
12/5/08 8:57:43PM

Posted by GrandMaster313

Try this

Link
Wallass
12/6/08 12:14:01PM
Rashads staying no matter what. Tough to make him leave when he`s holding the belt on the 28th of December.
seanfu
12/6/08 2:39:38PM
Rashad will beat Forrest, that is all.
bls1919
12/6/08 3:33:47PM
Rashad will be in the UFC for a long time. He's young and talented. He is going into a fight with Forrest that i don't think he will win, but we'll see.