Evans vs Davis and Sonnen vs Munoz staredown pics from UFC on FOX 2 press conference

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Evans vs Davis and Sonnen vs Munoz staredown pics from UFC on FOX 2 press conference
Budgellism
12/7/11 3:35:56PM
State_Champ
12/7/11 3:45:20PM
Does Bisping have tiny hands?

Reminds me of this:

"You know, you never know, though. He could have like a little hand or like a little foot or something."
"Well, I doubt he'd wanna call attention to something like that by calling himself Lil' Kev."
"That could be his thing. Biggie Smalls was fat..."
"Yeah, he was big and small, you know? Like—like I guess his head was small but his body was big, so this guy could have like a little hand and a giant body."
Chael_Sonnen
12/7/11 5:11:59PM
Rashad, Chael & Maia are going to absolutely dominate.

Edit: Why do they list Bis-bing @ 6'2" when Mayhem was clearly taller though he was listed @ 6'1" and Maia is listed @ 6'1"

Hmmm, inquiring minds want to know.
BuffaloDave
12/7/11 5:29:00PM
Maia looks like he is about to go tee off on the front 9.

How bout what some of them said,

Chael to Fox - ""You’ve been saying for years you have the American Idol, and now you finally do.”

Chael - "I love public office, and I left the only way a politician should, in handcuffs."

Rashad to Davis - "I’m gonna put my hands on you worse than that dude on those kids at Penn State."

Theoutlaw08
12/7/11 5:30:05PM
Why does Rashad have a metallic colored suit on.....?
tcunningham
12/7/11 7:54:26PM
i guess i missed something, i was still under the impression that the sonnen/munoz fight was off. my reading comprehension is not so good i guess. good fights except for the bisping fight. this will really test to see if davis is ready for spotlight.
Wallass
12/7/11 10:20:41PM
I met Bisping at a bar following his beating Charles McCarthy at UFC 83 and he's definitely not 6'2, I'm 6'3 and he was a fair bit shorter than I.
FlashyG
12/7/11 10:25:33PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

Edit: Why do they list Bis-bing @ 6'2" when Mayhem was clearly taller though he was listed @ 6'1" and Maia is listed @ 6'1"

Hard to tell with Maia wearing a hat but it looks in that pic that at worst Bisping is the same size as Maia and with him leaning further forward than Demian he may actually be slightly taller.

I doubt it would be the first or last time they lied about something like that though. Seems pretty common in professional sports to add a few inches to these guys.
Geoffo
12/7/11 10:36:28PM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

dress shoes
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
Adrenaline
12/8/11 2:20:11AM

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

I hope your right Uncle Chael, I can't help but think that the UFC is giving Bisping another low-risk matchup in Maia but I hope Demian proves me wrong with that sick ground game (that he doesn't use anymore).

So far I'm thinking:

Rashad outclasses Davis
Sonnen out grapples Munoz

Not sure on Maia/Bisping but I'm all for Bisping getting wrolled up into something that resembles a pretzel.
bigrand826
12/8/11 8:49:11AM

Posted by Adrenaline

Posted by Chael_Sonnen

I hope your right Uncle Chael, I can't help but think that the UFC is giving Bisping another low-risk matchup in Maia but I hope Demian proves me wrong with that sick ground game (that he doesn't use anymore).

So far I'm thinking:

Rashad outclasses Davis
Sonnen out grapples Munoz

Not sure on Maia/Bisping but I'm all for Bisping getting wrolled up into something that resembles a pretzel.

I think I agree on the first two. I would also add that Chael's striking while not as powerful is more technical. Munoz throwing power shots will make it slightly easier for Chael to get a takedown.

As for Maia-Bisping, I think Maia takes it. His striking is much improved so he shouldn't get easily outpointed standing. Miller was able to get Bisping down and I think Maia has better takedowns than Mayhem, especially from the clinch. Maia has also gotten physically stronger. Oh, and Maia is a top 10 MW (or at least top 15) making this a considerable jump up in competition for Bisping who is used to fighting guys around 20 or below. The only other time I can remember him facing a guy rated this high he lost in spectacular fashion. Alright, enough dogging on Bisping and his level of competition. I'm glad he's finally facing one of the upper-eschelon guys. And while I like Maia in this fight, I do think Bisping can win it if he is able to keep it on the feet and dictate the pace and is the one initiating the exchanges.