Evans & Bisping are needed in middleweight

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Evans & Bisping are needed in middleweight
nubby
11/18/07 12:47:55PM
The middle weight division is currently in shambles right now. With Henderson dropping down to fight Silva there is at least one good fight coming in March. But March is not that far away and who is going to fight Silva for the title once he beats Henderson? I know a lot of people believe Henderson has a good chance, and I think he does as well, but I think Slva is just at the top of his game.

Dana should have both Bisping and Evans drop down to middle weight. Bisping is a decent striker and as we saw last night he has what it takes to keep the fight standing for the most part.

Rashad has shown that his striking is still lackluster but that his wrestling could pose major problems for Anderson.

I think that both of these fighters could create some interesting matchups for the middle weight division and their departure from the LHW division would hurt the LHW division not in the least.
DJDark41
11/18/07 1:36:54PM

Posted by nubby

The middle weight division is currently in shambles right now. With Henderson dropping down to fight Silva there is at least one good fight coming in March. But March is not that far away and who is going to fight Silva for the title once he beats Henderson? I know a lot of people believe Henderson has a good chance, and I think he does as well, but I think Slva is just at the top of his game.

Dana should have both Bisping and Evans drop down to middle weight. Bisping is a decent striker and as we saw last night he has what it takes to keep the fight standing for the most part.

Rashad has shown that his striking is still lackluster but that his wrestling could pose major problems for Anderson.

I think that both of these fighters could create some interesting matchups for the middle weight division and their departure from the LHW division would hurt the LHW division not in the least.

Agreed. With all the talent in the LHW division, Bisping and Evans are gonna go nowhere fighting like they did last night. It can only help the UFC if they move down a weight class, and I think if the Top 5 Middleweights in the UFC were Franklin, Evans, Bisping, A. Silva and Henderson, we could indeed be in for some very interesting matchups.
tuvok500
11/18/07 1:47:59PM
I think that Bisping will move down very soon but not so sure about Evans !!

He is still undeafeated and i think that he will have to lose a fight very badly to think about moving down.

the MW division can become very good, with Hendo, Silva you can add a possible Lawler and Filho.

there are many young fighter who can be a contender very soon like Maia as an example and Cote if he can works on his ground game !! Lutter is still alive and he can bounce back as well !!

nickcuc547
11/18/07 4:44:25PM
agree on bisping, he would be a contender at 185. rashad i disagree with, he may be a ways from title contention right now but he has a lot of upside in all aspects. he has the talent to be a top 5 lhw, he just inst there yet despite dana saying so.
Naturaldisaster
11/18/07 4:53:57PM
I think bisping should go to 185 but Rashad needs to stay where he's at right now. even though he didn't put oh his best performence last night
cmill21
11/18/07 5:34:12PM
Can evans make 185? He did fight at HW, that would be a big drop for him. I think Hendo beats Silva though, tough guy with big power and great wrestling, and if that happends look for Rich to get a quick title shot, and look for lutter to get another. Then if anyone can beat hendo Silva will beat them so it'll be a good situation.
Pitbull09
11/18/07 5:39:40PM
I dont know if Rashad could drop that much, he was a heavyweight for TUF but it is possible. That fight didnt surprise me at all, two guys who disappointed their last fight, made another boring fight. Tito/Rashad was so diappointing to me and thats why i didnt buy this PPV

I think wat needs to be done is Dana needs to sign middlewieghts when he gets th e chance

He passed up Dennis Kang, Jake Sheilds has shown interest, they got rid of Robbie Lawler and Nick Diaz. I mean how can people wonder why the division is so weak?
postman
11/18/07 5:39:58PM
But I don't see rich or Lutter beating Dan. that would set up Dan v Anderson agian sometime around now next year. Not a bad way to keep ppl on edge for your weakest division.

Pitbull beat me!
Pitbull09
11/18/07 5:42:28PM
Forgot to mention Fihlo in WEC
Pitbull09
11/18/07 5:44:01PM

Posted by postman

But I don't see rich or Lutter beating Dan. that would set up Dan v Anderson agian sometime around now next year. Not a bad way to keep ppl on edge for your weakest division.

Pitbull beat me!

Ha i think a lot of ppl beat me too. Everyone is pretty aware of the state of this division now since its been the same for the past year.
tuvok500
11/18/07 5:47:07PM

Posted by Pitbull09

I dont know if Rashad could drop that much, he was a heavyweight for TUF but it is possible. That fight didnt surprise me at all, two guys who disappointed their last fight, made another boring fight. Tito/Rashad was so diappointing to me and thats why i didnt buy this PPV

I think wat needs to be done is Dana needs to sign middlewieghts when he gets th e chance

He passed up Dennis Kang, Jake Sheilds has shown interest, they got rid of Robbie Lawler and Nick Diaz. I mean how can people wonder why the division is so weak?

you can forget about nick Diaz !!

they want to improve the level in that division, not adding another low level fighter !!

Scott_Revels
11/18/07 7:19:44PM
If they drop, they'll still lose to Anderson Silva.. Hendo is the only guy on the UFC's Middleweight roster who can beat him, and adding them to it won't matter much. More fights, and more guys for Anderson to knock out.
nubby
11/18/07 9:12:36PM
Even if they do lose to Silva at least they aren't putting nobodies in against him. Pretty soon if they don't get more talent in the division that is exactly what they will have to do.
punkgrl-com
11/18/07 9:28:05PM
You guys can take this however you want but a friend of mine bumped into one of Bispings training partners in Liverpool a little while ago who said Bisping wouldn't drop down as he doesn't think he could beat Silva.

Which I guess you could take to mean he thinks he can compete at LHW. If he moves out to the US, beefs up and trains with Rampage fulltime I think he might have a future at LHW
nubby
11/18/07 9:40:55PM
I didn't initially think the fight would be as close as it was. But its obvious his training with Quinton has really helped his game.
ncordless
11/18/07 11:28:13PM
Yeah, Bisping looked better. But just the fact that he's training with Rampage prolly means that he won't be fighting for the title for a while. If he's afraid of A. Silva, well that's one thing. But he'll never have a chance against a huge Light heavy like Tito, Forrest, or Rampage. Oh, and if he's afraid of A Silva, he should watch out for W. Silva. He's been known to hurt some guys, too.
bls1919
11/19/07 10:28:00PM
fighting qualities aside i think it would be tough for evans to make 185. Bisping o0n the other hand could make it no problem. He has a smaller frame than Rashad