Evans or Bisping really in the top 5?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Evans or Bisping really in the top 5?
POLL: Is Evans really top 5?
Yes 0% (0)
No 100% (36)
Boo_Radley21
11/18/07 11:32:02AM
Dana White had been saying that this was going to be a huge fight for both of these guys because not only are they both undefeated and both winners of TUF, but it would put the winner into the top 5 at 205 lbs. But now that the fight is over I really don't feel that Evans should be in the top 5. I can't see him being ranked higher than guys like Machida, Griffin, Liddell, Henderson, Jardine (even though he beat him on the show) or even Ortiz. I just don't think he has faced enough top competition to be a highly ranked light heavyweight and has a few fights against skilled opponents to go before he can be considered for the top 5 rankings. Is this just me or does anyone else think this?
nickcuc547
11/18/07 11:34:01AM
i think both of them are at the lower end of the top 10 in the ufc.
AchillesHeel
11/18/07 11:43:56AM

Posted by nickcuc547

i think both of them are at the lower end of the top 10 in the ufc.

I don't. I had Evans at #10 and Bisping #14. With last night's action and the signing of Sokoudjou, Evans drops to #11 and Bisping moves up to #13.
nickcuc547
11/18/07 11:54:12AM
i got rashad at 10 and bisping at 13, so we ya i guess rashad on the lower end and bisping out completely.
tuvok500
11/18/07 12:01:08PM
well, i have moved Evans to the 8th spot, and bisping is not in my top ten.

a victory is a victory and we have to give the credit to the winner but it was not impressive enough to move up to the 5th spot.

ncordless
11/18/07 3:21:05PM
More than anything, this fight showed that both fighters are not anywhere near the top 5. Rashad's wrestling is nowhere as good as people make it out to be. His transitions are garbage. He does not have a good double leg.

Bisping looked better than his last match, but he is not big enough or strong enough to challange at Lightheavy. Same goes for Rashad. Bisping's continued lack of takedown defense will always keep him from being at the top. Sure he showed a lttle bit of improvement, but really it's not that hard to defend a double when you are baiscally being held against the fence.
d_block07
11/18/07 4:27:18PM
NO. not a chance not even with hendo dropping to 185 (whihc is where bisping belongs)
Scott_Revels
11/18/07 7:17:46PM
Dana went 1-1.. He's wrong about the winner of Evans/Bisping being top 5 after the fight, but he was right about the winner of Alexander/Silva being in the top 10. As soon as he won, I removed Houston from his #9 spot, and moved up Machida to #9, and added Thiago Silva at #10.
jiujitsufreak74
11/18/07 8:06:25PM

Posted by Scott_Revels

Dana went 1-1.. He's wrong about the winner of Evans/Bisping being top 5 after the fight, but he was right about the winner of Alexander/Silva being in the top 10. As soon as he won, I removed Houston from his #9 spot, and moved up Machida to #9, and added Thiago Silva at #10.

i did the same thing with houston and silva. i figured thiago was going to win and with his impressive domination of houston i will say he should fight a top 5 figter next, maybe even shogun. it would be interesting since they come from the same camp...people don't realize that chute box is probably the top camp in the world and is, imo, a little better than x-treme couture.

as for rashad and bisping, i think neither of them are top 10, rashad being closest as i have him at number 11 and bisping at number 13. neither have impressed me in their fights and both looked really gassed in their fight. it was a sloppy slow paced fight that did not improve the rank for either fighter imo and if anything proved that bisping should move down to MW. it disgusted me how out of shape they were, especially since they were a main event.

i see the next LHW matches like this:

Forrest / Jardine rematch

Shogun / Thiago (or tito)

Sok / machida (is actually happening and i am really happy about this)

or Tito / Thiago (or shogun)

since rampage is hurt, it gives time for this stacked division to level out and let the cream rise to the top with a clear number one contender.

cmill21
11/18/07 8:21:21PM
Chute Boxe is an amazing camp, you have to be a tough son of a bitch to survive there, and for guys like shogun, thiago, wand and anderson to have thrived there show just how tough they are. I think if houston gets into a good camp he can still have a good career, he will not be champ but he has power, he just needs to learn defenses, and his coach doesn't look reputable...sorry to the coach but his explination for why he hits the tire seems like he just does it because others do and he didn't know why.
matinbomby
11/18/07 8:32:37PM
no none in top 5 not even top ten
Scott_Revels
11/18/07 8:42:18PM

Posted by matinbomby

no none in top 5 not even top ten

Did you not see Houston beat Keith Jardine and Alessio Sakara? That's top 10 worthy. Then for Thiago to beat Houston means he's just beaten a top 10 guy and therefore he is top 10..

Both Evans and Bisping aren't top 5, but they are top 10..

If these three aren't in your top 10, then who is?