Evan Tanner update

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Evan Tanner update
richieb19
3/8/07 3:57:18PM
He posted a bunch of pictures on his site, looks like he might be getting back into the fight game...

Evan Tanner's journal
richieb19
3/8/07 4:38:57PM
Lotta potential Avs in there lol...
FBD
3/8/07 4:55:17PM
hes becoming one of my favorite fighters. hes had some tough luck, like getting slammed on his melon by tito and getting mauled by franklin, but i still think he has a enough left in the tank to make a run. more fighters should do stuff like this.
Berti
3/8/07 5:01:59PM
would be a great gate keeper for that wieght class...
pv3Hpv3p
3/8/07 5:02:56PM
Good to see Evan getting back into the game... After hearing rumors about him training with Chutebox and starting his MMA group home (which I would assume is still in the works), I was really wondering if / when he would get back into it...

I was reading his Wikipedia page and didn't know that he taught himself subs and his early ground game from watching DVD's... Eat your heart out james Thompson, lol...

"He is widely known for teaching himself submissions and grappling using instructional video tape created by the famous Gracie family. Tanner later changed this method once he began fighting in the UFC."
from Wikipedia

I need a haircut too!!!
Ydoc
3/8/07 5:14:14PM
He is one of my favorite fighters and I'm glad he's out of that funk he was in, even if he doesn't fight again I'm happy he's moving on and helping younger fighters by providing a house for them to live and a place for training, but especially the mentorship he's offering.

Kudos to you Evan... it is all up hill from here:
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
pv3Hpv3p
3/8/07 5:28:29PM

Posted by Ydoc

He is one of my favorite fighters and I'm glad he's out of that funk he was in, even if he doesn't fight again I'm happy he's moving on and helping younger fighters by providing a house for them to live and a place for training, but especially the mentorship he's offering.

Kudos to you Evan... it is all up hill from here:

Hey Hippy???? Are you gonna smack him??
richieb19
3/8/07 5:29:39PM

Posted by pv3Hpv3p
I was reading his Wikipedia page and didn't know that he taught himself subs and his early ground game from watching DVD's... Eat your heart out james Thompson, lol...

"He is widely known for teaching himself submissions and grappling using instructional video tape created by the famous Gracie family. Tanner later changed this method once he began fighting in the UFC."
from Wikipedia

Yea, pretty insane concidering the opponents Tanner has beaten. Thomson, on the other hand has the physique of a greek god and couldnt do half as much with his dvd submission skills as Evan to save his life.
FBD
3/8/07 5:32:19PM
thompson is a joke.

see av.
richieb19
3/8/07 5:35:36PM

Posted by FBD

thompson is a joke.

see av.

I wouldnt say hes a joke, but definately not fighting to his full potential... his "win" over Yoshida hurts my heart...
FBD
3/8/07 5:43:45PM
he looked horrible in that fight. what did he out weigh him by, like 60 pounds?
richieb19
3/8/07 5:49:57PM

Posted by FBD

he looked horrible in that fight. what did he out weigh him by, like 60 pounds?

More than that I think, but regardless he was dominated for about 7 minutes, then Yosh fell out of the ropes on his head and everything went downhill... ah well, shouldnt dwell on the past...

redmist
3/8/07 5:50:43PM
I really hope he has success with this foundation. I have a lot of respect for him and i always enjoyed watching him fight. I would love to see him back.
jdubs
3/8/07 7:39:32PM
i remember him trying to get this foundation for kids started a while back. he looks like he lost a lot of weight. he looks skinny