Evan Tanner Signs New 4 Fight Deal *WITH SOURCE*

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Evan Tanner Signs New 4 Fight Deal *WITH SOURCE*
JoeMimic
11/8/07 8:28:58PM

K.A.O.S. caught up with former UFC Middleweight Champ Evan Tanner who broke the news that he signed a 4 fight deal with UFC. Date, time and opponent still to be determined. Click here to listen or download the exclusive interview.

Credit - KennyHolland.com

The interview is posted on there; I can't wait to see Evan back.
hippysmacker
11/8/07 8:41:06PM
I hoe this is true. I confess that I have never heard of Kenny Holland. He's good enough in the clinch to make a fight with Anderson. I still think Silva will take him though.
Scott_Revels
11/8/07 8:44:11PM
The UFC Middleweight Division needs any help they can get. I don't think Tanner will ever be able to beat Silva, but he'll help build it back up so one day someone might be able to.
ohiostate1016
11/8/07 8:59:25PM
Wow. Evan Tanner. Now that's a name I haven't heard in awhile. I don't know if he can beat The Spider, but he could deserve a future shot.
Franklinfan47
11/8/07 10:34:48PM
Ya, I also think it would be good to see Tanner back. He's usually pretty entertaining and has a pretty decent fan base.
Aaronno9
11/8/07 11:17:59PM
i like evan and hope he can put him some good preformances and bulk up the MW division, but hes not going to beat anderson, period.
Scott_Revels
11/8/07 11:22:30PM
I'm just worried he won't be a match for the likes of Franklin or Marquardt either.
prozacnation1978
11/8/07 11:50:11PM
tanner is back
i am glad they signed him again but they still need alot more help in that division,
jiujitsufreak74
11/8/07 11:51:10PM
wanna see him avenge his loss to franklin, although i haven't seen him in a while and don't know what form he is in. he will be a goos test for future star MW and he will probably just spice things up a bit. i am satisfied for now with his signing, but i still say the ufc MW division needs hendo (which won't happen even though i see him as the only threat to silva at this point), filho ( rising talent, needs to be continually tested, would do great in ufc but i don't see him beating silva) or lawler ( i think he is just an exciting fighter to watch and although i dont think he'll win the belt, he would definitely shake up the division). but for now, tanner will suffice...i hope he comes in at top form and upsets someone like franklin, okami or nate m.
hippysmacker
11/9/07 12:09:53AM

Posted by jiujitsufreak74

wanna see him avenge his loss to franklin, although i haven't seen him in a while and don't know what form he is in. he will be a goos test for future star MW and he will probably just spice things up a bit. i am satisfied for now with his signing, but i still say the ufc MW division needs hendo (which won't happen even though i see him as the only threat to silva at this point), filho ( rising talent, needs to be continually tested, would do great in ufc but i don't see him beating silva) or lawler ( i think he is just an exciting fighter to watch and although i dont think he'll win the belt, he would definitely shake up the division). but for now, tanner will suffice...i hope he comes in at top form and upsets someone like franklin, okami or nate m.

Tanner has loss-es to Frankin , so it's my guess they will steer him clear of Rich. I just heard on the beatdown podcast that Hendo is in negotiations with the UFC to move to 185 and sign a new contract.
NatedawgThaM
11/9/07 12:39:16AM
I think they give him Chris Leban or Terry Martin as a pretty decent comeback opponent
Gladiator
11/9/07 2:44:20AM
I would love to see Tanner make a comeback like randy couture!!! i believe he has a legitimate chance against silva and i cant wait to see his first fight back in the octagon! WAR EVAN TANNER
CornishMMA
11/9/07 4:58:01AM
We have had a few of these kinds of reports before that have fell threow but this one sounds good, 4 fights seems like a lot to commit too straight away as he is getting on now, same age as Chuck i do believe

Evan has such a unique fighting style, and i think he matches up well with Silva, strong in the clinch and can take a beating and keep on coming, hope we see that fight at some point, they need to get him a good comeback fight though, id say Starnes or someone like that
xchickox
11/9/07 6:59:53AM
now they just need to get robbie lawler back
cowcatcher
11/9/07 2:20:50PM
hes one of my favorite fighterss and im glad hes back, and even happier that the ufc is doing something to beef up the mw division.
themmadigest
11/9/07 2:41:34PM
He's got a shot to do well in a wide open division.
ohiostate1016
11/10/07 1:04:59PM
What about Evan Tanner vs. Nate Quarry? That would be an excellent fight. Both guys have a good fan base, and they both bring it every time they step into the octagon. I would be a solid mid-card matchup, and it would push one of those guys up the MW ladder a little bit.