What quickly became my favorite fantasy college football game last year is back!http://games.espn.go.com/cfc/en/frontpage
I created a private group for the Playground-if you haven't played this game before, it's fun and easy. Search for this group to join:
Group Name: MMA Playground
Each week you create a team of 8 REAL players from all the FBS (1-A) conferences: 2 QBs, 2 RBs, 2 WRs (this may include TEs), 1 Team's Kickers and 1 Team's Defense/Special Teams. Your players score points as follows:
Offense (QB, RB, WR, PK)
* 6 pts per rushing, receiving or return touchdown
* 4 pts per passing touchdown
* 3 pts per field goal made (any distance)
* 2 pts per passing, rushing or receiving two-point conversion
* 1 pt per 10 yards rushing or receiving
* 1 pt per 25 yards passing
* 1 pt per extra point made
Defense/Special Teams (D/ST)
* 10 pts for 0 points allowed
* 7 pts for 2-6 points allowed
* 4 pts for 7-13 points allowed
* 1 pt for 14-17 points allowed
* 0 pts for 18-21 points allowed (NOTE: team defense is responsible for all points allowed)
* -1 pts for 22-27 points allowed
* -4 pts for 28-34 points allowed
* -7 pts for 35-45 points allowed
* -10 pts for 46+ points allowed
* 5 pts per team win
* 3 pts per defensive or special teams touchdown
* 2 pts per interception
* 2 pts per fumble recovery
* 2 pts per blocked punt, PAT, or FG (NOTE: a deflected kick of any kind does not receive points)
* 2 pts per safety
* 1 pt per sack
** Negative total yards will NOT affect the scoring of your entry.
All player stats are determined by the official stat totals available on ESPN.com. Any player that is not active for a particular week of the season will score 0 points for any games that they remain on your roster.
Lock-time. Each roster slot will lock at the scheduled kickoff of each individual football player's game. Entrants must make sure their weekly picks are submitted by this lock-time. Selections submitted after the lock-time are considered invalid, and no points will be received. Sponsor's computer is the official time keeping device for this Promotion.
There are prizes too: If you have the top overall score at the end of the season you can win a $1,000 Best Buy gift card plus an Xbox Live Entertainment Package which includes Xbox 360 game console, wireless router, Xbox 360 Wireless Networking Adapter, and an Xbox Live 12-month Gold Subscription Card. If you choose to play with only an Individual Conference (which you can also do, you are allowed up to 3 separate entries) and have that conference's top overall score you win 600 ESPN Winner's Circle points redeemable for various prizes. 600 points has a value of $90.
Once you join you can choose players immediately, first games are September 3. You can change any players each week. Also, there is no "salary cap" or draft-all players are universally available to everyone.