ESPN College Football Challenge (MMAPG Group)

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » ESPN College Football Challenge (MMAPG Group)
DCRage
8/4/10 7:57:12AM
What quickly became my favorite fantasy college football game last year is back!
http://games.espn.go.com/cfc/en/frontpage
I created a private group for the Playground-if you haven't played this game before, it's fun and easy. Search for this group to join:
Group Name: MMA Playground
Password: mmapg

Rules:
Each week you create a team of 8 REAL players from all the FBS (1-A) conferences: 2 QBs, 2 RBs, 2 WRs (this may include TEs), 1 Team's Kickers and 1 Team's Defense/Special Teams. Your players score points as follows:
Offense (QB, RB, WR, PK)
* 6 pts per rushing, receiving or return touchdown
* 4 pts per passing touchdown
* 3 pts per field goal made (any distance)
* 2 pts per passing, rushing or receiving two-point conversion
* 1 pt per 10 yards rushing or receiving
* 1 pt per 25 yards passing
* 1 pt per extra point made

Defense/Special Teams (D/ST)
* 10 pts for 0 points allowed
* 7 pts for 2-6 points allowed
* 4 pts for 7-13 points allowed
* 1 pt for 14-17 points allowed
* 0 pts for 18-21 points allowed (NOTE: team defense is responsible for all points allowed)
* -1 pts for 22-27 points allowed
* -4 pts for 28-34 points allowed
* -7 pts for 35-45 points allowed
* -10 pts for 46+ points allowed
* 5 pts per team win
* 3 pts per defensive or special teams touchdown
* 2 pts per interception
* 2 pts per fumble recovery
* 2 pts per blocked punt, PAT, or FG (NOTE: a deflected kick of any kind does not receive points)
* 2 pts per safety
* 1 pt per sack

** Negative total yards will NOT affect the scoring of your entry.
All player stats are determined by the official stat totals available on ESPN.com. Any player that is not active for a particular week of the season will score 0 points for any games that they remain on your roster.

Lock-time. Each roster slot will lock at the scheduled kickoff of each individual football player's game. Entrants must make sure their weekly picks are submitted by this lock-time. Selections submitted after the lock-time are considered invalid, and no points will be received. Sponsor's computer is the official time keeping device for this Promotion.

There are prizes too: If you have the top overall score at the end of the season you can win a $1,000 Best Buy gift card plus an Xbox Live Entertainment Package which includes Xbox 360 game console, wireless router, Xbox 360 Wireless Networking Adapter, and an Xbox Live 12-month Gold Subscription Card. If you choose to play with only an Individual Conference (which you can also do, you are allowed up to 3 separate entries) and have that conference's top overall score you win 600 ESPN Winner's Circle points redeemable for various prizes. 600 points has a value of $90.

Once you join you can choose players immediately, first games are September 3. You can change any players each week. Also, there is no "salary cap" or draft-all players are universally available to everyone.
mkiv9secsupra
8/4/10 12:51:12PM
good idea but when u allow teams from every conference it gets tooooooo easy. shoulda done all sec or all big 12..

but im still gonna join
BlueSkiesBurn
8/31/10 6:24:33PM
Since you two and I are the only one's in the league, I thought I'd let you know that Ingram underwent arthroscopic knee surgery today. He won't be playing in the opener against San Jose St. Probably out longer.

If you had him selected as your back, you're going to want to change this as he is out. Trent Richardson will be moving into the starting role for Alabama if you want to continue to go that route.

EDIT: DC...this is FBS teams, not FCS. FCS was formerly known as Division 1-AA. It stands for Football Championship Subdivision. FBS is the Football Bowl Subdivision.
DCRage
8/31/10 8:32:10PM
Already read about it and made my changes. Switched to Jacquizz Rodgers despite concerns about the matchup (TCU).
BlueSkiesBurn
8/31/10 9:01:19PM

Posted by DCRage

Already read about it and made my changes. Switched to Jacquizz Rodgers despite concerns about the matchup (TCU).

You got some balls. There's no way in hell I'm picking a back against Patterson's defense. They returned 9 of 11 defensive starters. I'll stick with 'Bama running all over a vastly inferior San Jose St. team that gave up 3, 060 total rushing yards last season. They gave up an average of 255 yds per game on the ground alone.

Still feel more confident about Quizz against TCU's stubborn ass defense?
BlueSkiesBurn
9/2/10 8:08:01PM
F*ck, I knew I should have gone with Jacory Harris. It's not even out of the first and he's got 125 and 2 TD's.
BlueSkiesBurn
9/2/10 10:55:05PM
I guess Colin Kaepernick is working out well for us, eh, DC?
gartface
9/3/10 8:53:04AM
A little late to the party, but I'm hoping that Cam Newton and Darvin Adams can throttle Arkansas State. Noel Devine and John Clay should tear it up as well.
RyanC
9/3/10 10:25:59AM
I'm late to the party and I have no idea what I'm doing, but I'll figure it out as the weeks go on.
BlueSkiesBurn
9/3/10 7:03:50PM
I'm going to destroy everyone.
DCRage
9/3/10 7:17:57PM
Hopefully Case Keenum will also put up a 30-40 spot tomorrow. Only spot I didn't go with a top 5 rank player from last year was WR, I took Julio Jones as one (ranked 101 last year) mainly because I felt it was a favorable matchup for Bama...oh, wait. This is why I just checked my team, the #2 WR last year catches his passes from Keenum. Switch time. Only one I'm unsure about but am gambling on is Jacquizz Rodgers (@TCU). Otherwise I think I've got some great matchups to exploit.
BlueSkiesBurn
9/3/10 7:39:45PM
Well, that washes us out at the QB position because I have Keenum, too.

I picked AJ Green and Tyron Carrier from Houston as my wideouts.

I stuck with Trent Richardson against San Jose St. for the reasons I outlined earlier in this thread. I went with Noel Devine. Almost went with Dion Lewis, but I'm glad I stayed the hell away from that pick.

EDIT: After watching the Toledo-Arizona game it looks like we all screwed the pooch on Juron Criner.
BlueSkiesBurn
9/4/10 3:27:07PM
Man, I got burned. A.J. Green was a game-time decision and didn't go. That gooseegged one of my receivers. Carrier better have a huge game.
BlueSkiesBurn
9/4/10 7:50:42PM
A.J. Green might not have played but this 'Bama defense sure is helping me. I've assumed the lead from DCRage. We will wash with Case Keenum, but I do have Tyron Carrier for Houston, so my points will go as Keenum goes.
DCRage
9/5/10 8:36:38AM
Decent first day, would've done much better if Donald Buckram played. Didn't know he was injured.
RyanC
9/5/10 8:57:33AM
Well finished dead last, but I'll figure this thing out. Hopefully I do better next week.
BlueSkiesBurn
9/5/10 7:10:50PM
Stupid A.J. Green cost me big time.
gartface
9/6/10 1:06:20PM
Cameron Newton <3
BlueSkiesBurn
9/19/10 7:40:13PM
Look at me creeping up on you, Gartface. I'm only eleven behind you. My friend Sam murdered us all this week with 214 points. The funny part is that he forgot the "kickers." His total would have been even higher. I called him and told him he was a bastard.

I guess I should expect great results from someone who played college basketball and football.
gartface
9/20/10 8:15:11AM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Look at me creeping up on you, Gartface. I'm only eleven behind you. My friend Sam murdered us all this week with 214 points. The funny part is that he forgot the "kickers." His total would have been even higher. I called him and told him he was a bastard.

I guess I should expect great results from someone who played college basketball and football.

I forgot defense :/ I kept the Rutgers defense in. I had a down week. I'll be back next week.
DCRage
9/20/10 1:08:29PM
Good thing I took Keenum out this week, got knocked out of the game and the injury is really bad. Done. And no love for the backup either. Injured. Done. Glad I played matchups instead.
gartface
9/20/10 1:18:42PM
I was thinking that Georgia would break out of their shell against Arkansas and decided to drop Ryan Mallet for Jarrod Johnson. Bad move on my part.
BlueSkiesBurn
9/20/10 5:23:12PM
My dumbass benched Kaepernick because I thought he wouldn't do well against Cal.