Error with Rashad Evans stats

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Error with Rashad Evans stats
LexLossis
6/23/07 3:47:47PM
When you add him in your rankings, it says he is 10-0 when he is 15-0....
madmarck
6/23/07 3:56:46PM
I believe this site operates using the stats from the Sherdog Fightfinder

Rashads Record

cincyassasin
6/23/07 4:40:51PM
Hate to say it but I think Tito is gonna beat Rashad early in the third.
LexLossis
6/23/07 6:37:31PM

Posted by madmarck

Rashads Record

That is incorrect. Rashad is 15-0
Ydoc
6/23/07 7:07:42PM
The UFC takes the fighters word for it on their records, so they slip in amateur bouts, street fights, or just plain out lie.
richieb19
6/23/07 7:19:55PM

Posted by LexLossis

Posted by madmarck

Rashads Record

Please feel free to post a source, or at least a list of the opponents names...
madmarck
6/23/07 7:23:46PM

Posted by richieb19

Posted by LexLossis

Posted by madmarck

Rashads Record

Agreed. Although MMAUniverse.com
has Rashad at 13-0
EDIT: Although it includes the three exhibition fihgts he had on TUF 2.
babalu2720
6/23/07 9:32:52PM
Well hes undefeated and i guess thats all that matters
MrLehman
6/24/07 1:15:23AM

Posted by babalu2720

Undefeated for 14 more days! Then its 15 (or 10) and OOOONNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

War Tito!!!
LexLossis
6/24/07 2:00:42PM

Posted by richieb19

Posted by LexLossis

Posted by madmarck

Rashads Record

http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=fighter.detail&pid=399
richieb19
6/24/07 2:03:42PM

Posted by LexLossis

Posted by richieb19

Posted by LexLossis

Posted by madmarck

Rashads Record

http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=fighter.detail&pid=399

Sorry to break the news to ya, but the UFC has been inflating records since day one, some times unconsistantly.
rcg916
6/24/07 2:54:39PM
Yep, just watch a Diego fight. He magically picked up 2 wins right after TUF, and then another midway through his run...lol
CincySaint
6/24/07 3:19:23PM

Posted by MrLehman

Posted by babalu2720

Undefeated for 14 more days! Then its 15 (or 10) and OOOONNNNNEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

War Tito!!!

Forget Tito, you can cheer for him when he starts his career in the WEC after Rashad Knocks him the **** Out!
MrLehman
6/24/07 4:03:15PM

Forget Tito, you can cheer for him when he starts his career in the WEC after Rashad Knocks him the **** Out!

Actually, The winner of this fight will end up losing to the winner of Hendo / rampage anyways, i just don't like perfect records, a great fighter always comes back stronger after thier first loss..... With the way the odds are now, im defiantly putting some $$ on the fight
LexLossis
6/24/07 5:16:06PM

Posted by richieb19

Posted by LexLossis

Posted by richieb19

Posted by LexLossis

Posted by madmarck

Rashads Record

<a href="http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=fighter.detail&pid=399" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=fighter.detail&pid=399</a></a>

Sorry to break the news to ya, but the UFC has been inflating records since day one, some times unconsistantly.

Proof?
richieb19
6/24/07 5:27:22PM

Posted by LexLossis

Proof?

At UFC 1, Ken Shamrock was announced as having a 24-3-2 record, at UFC 3 it was 45-5, then back at UFC 5 it suddenly came back down to 13-2 ... and if you think thats too long ago to consider, just last night they had an extra win on BJ Penn's career record and had him at 11-4-1 before he fought Pulver... This is always the case with the UFC, especially with undefeated fighters... The even had Melvin Guillard's record at 37 wins when he fought Neer... total manifestation...

The UFC, and more importantly ufc.tv are not reliable at all, especially when it comes to records... if this isn't proof enough for you, then by all means continue believing Rashad has an extra 5 imaginary wins...

EDIT: ufc.tv even has his UFC record messed up, aperantly he beat Hoger and Bonnar by decisions at the beginning of the third round...
madmarck
6/25/07 12:44:46AM
yeah.
I recall seeing once that Diego beat Karo by Armbar on ufc.com........ he didnt.
BigTomZ
6/25/07 10:19:22AM
Yeah I also have noticed some inconsistencies with fighters records, both on the site and announced at the events. Sometimes they seem to want people to think differently of certain fighters depending on the upcoming fights.
LexLossis
6/25/07 4:26:41PM

Posted by richieb19

Posted by LexLossis

Proof?

At UFC 1, Ken Shamrock was announced as having a 24-3-2 record, at UFC 3 it was 45-5, then back at UFC 5 it suddenly came back down to 13-2 ... and if you think thats too long ago to consider, just last night they had an extra win on BJ Penn's career record and had him at 11-4-1 before he fought Pulver... This is always the case with the UFC, especially with undefeated fighters... The even had Melvin Guillard's record at 37 wins when he fought Neer... total manifestation...

The UFC, and more importantly ufc.tv are not reliable at all, especially when it comes to records... if this isn't proof enough for you, then by all means continue believing Rashad has an extra 5 imaginary wins...

EDIT: ufc.tv even has his UFC record messed up, aperantly he beat Hoger and Bonnar by decisions at the beginning of the third round...

Wow nice job on the source. What YOU say is very reliable...not.