Erick Silva training for UFC 156 return, hopes for future rematch with Jon Fitch

MMAPlayground.com » Community » MMA News Share Forum » Erick Silva training for UFC 156 return, hopes for future rematch with Jon Fitch
prophecy033
11/13/12 1:55:02PM
One month after his upset loss to perennial UFC contender Jon Fitch (24-4-1 MMA, 14-2-1 UFC), Brazilian welterweight prospect Erick Silva (14-3 MMA, 2-2 UFC) is itching to get back to action.

Earlier this month, Silva's manager, Wallid Ismail, announced his client would return at February's UFC 156 event against an opponent yet to be named.

Silva says that quick return was at his behest, and he's anxious to keep his performance at a high level. And while he knows that open slot won't be filled by Fitch, he does believe he'll someday get a chance to avenge the result.

Link
frizzzlecake
11/13/12 3:45:52PM
Jeez someone's awfully butthurt over getting FITCH'D. Move on.
BillsNewAccount
11/13/12 6:19:12PM

You should choose a new opponent. Perhaps one you could beat.

Also this dude must literally be the first to call out Fitch. If I was at 170 and was anyone not named GSP I probably wouldn't call him out unless I wanted to lose fans.
prozacnation1978
11/13/12 9:52:35PM
Curious who he gets.

airkerma
11/14/12 8:35:28AM
I have no idea what either of you are talking about, nothing in this statement says he won't choose a new opponent: "It would be an honor for me to fight again against such a high-leveled guy," Silva said. "For now, I expect to build a good winning streak and secure my spot at the top welterweight fighters." and this sounds like the absolute least butthurt statement one could make. The kid is a go getter and has enthusiasm about mixing it up, and unlike some fan favorites, how about Hardy for one, he isn't whining that everyone just wants to wrestle him.
Bubbles
11/14/12 9:43:05AM
give him Diego Sanchez if he's not dropping to 155
MMAcca
11/14/12 4:03:48PM

Posted by Bubbles

give him Diego Sanchez if he's not dropping to 155

I like that fight.

Poor Diego.....