EPSN Fantasy Football 09 MMAPlayground League Open!!!

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » EPSN Fantasy Football 09 MMAPlayground League Open!!!
mkiv9secsupra
6/9/09 4:51:13PM
ESPN's fantasy football is now open. I have created a private league for us

League: MMAPlayground
Password: Fedor

Cant wait to get this season started!!!

Also does anyone know if the yahoo or cbs leagues are open?
Shawn91111
6/9/09 6:10:23PM
I couldnt imagine drafting before preseason
DCRage
6/9/09 6:27:21PM
Yahoo has been open for close to 2 weeks now. Be sure to tweak the scoring settings though, their new default scoring is AWFUL.
Shawn91111
6/9/09 7:00:41PM

Posted by DCRage

Yahoo has been open for close to 2 weeks now. Be sure to tweak the scoring settings though, their new default scoring is AWFUL.

Whats new about it...looks the same as usual
sclasclemski
6/9/09 10:40:20PM
Is this invite only or open to anyone...money league or for fun???
Playground_Samurai
6/9/09 10:56:29PM
What is everyones fascination with Yahoo fantasy sports? Only place I always get stuck playing at that you have to pay for live scoring. What's up with that? I definatly prefer ESPN, and CBS is pretty good too.
Shawn91111
6/9/09 11:08:59PM

Posted by gspfan

What is everyones fascination with Yahoo fantasy sports? Only place I always get stuck playing at that you have to pay for live scoring. What's up with that? I definatly prefer ESPN, and CBS is pretty good too.

No fascination..mostly have been doing Football,Baseball and Basketball there for 5+ years. I just never really tried the others
Playground_Samurai
6/10/09 12:29:49AM

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by gspfan

No fascination..mostly have been doing Football,Baseball and Basketball there for 5+ years. I just never really tried the others

Yea, it's not horrible or anything. It's just the live scoring thing that gets me. You have to wait until the next day to get your stats unless you pay. No other site that i've played on requires that, so i'm kind of surprised so many people still go to Yahoo. Maybe i'm just cheap.
Shawn91111
6/10/09 1:00:21AM

Posted by gspfan

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by gspfan

Yea, it's not horrible or anything. It's just the live scoring thing that gets me. You have to wait until the next day to get your stats unless you pay. No other site that i've played on requires that, so i'm kind of surprised so many people still go to Yahoo. Maybe i'm just cheap.

Well that is a huge complaint about Yahoo and their live scoring. I can pretty much do it in a few minutes to see what I need to beat someone in a H2H week, with the exception of baseball scoring ( with WHIPS and OPS etc.) so I do purchase their scoring for $9 during baseball season.
DCRage
6/10/09 7:24:06AM

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by DCRage

Whats new about it...looks the same as usual

Before last year they ****** up the scoring-a passing TD is normally worth 6 points in real life and Fantasy. Now in Yahoo default scoring, it's worth only 4 points. And a bunch of other changes. That's mainly why I didn't play it last year although I do play their other football games (Pick 'Em, Salary Cap, Survival).

As for free stats/scoring on Yahoo, it's not quite the same but just use their GameChannel application. It's not quite live (about a minute behind) but you can still get stats and track all the games as they're in progress. And it's free, you don't even have to have a Yahoo ID.
emfleek
6/10/09 8:42:19AM
As much as I love fantasy football and football in general, I can't bring myself to get into "football mode" until the Cubs get swept in the first round of the playoffs.

Count me in when that happens, though!
D0wnUnd6e6r
6/20/09 7:19:12AM
As the commish for the initial mmaplayground yahoo league ill take care of it soon enough, re-setup the league and send out the invites to all those who were in last year. I'm still signing up to this one though lol
blakeon
7/13/09 10:39:17PM
I looked for it and cant find it.
Violentcuv
7/13/09 11:23:29PM

Posted by gspfan

I have always did Yahoo too and it sucked you had to pay $10 for live scoring (stat tracker). BUT it looks like this year they are including stat tracker for free with the free leagues which is awesome. I get 8 teams with 2 yahoo ids so end up paying $20 for stat tracker but from what I am reading it looks like it's going to free from now on. Anyone else noticing where it says it will be free this year?
mkiv9secsupra
7/14/09 12:31:57AM

Posted by blakeon

I looked for it and cant find it.

yeah sorry i disbanded it and used all my free team slots since no one was ready to go into football mode just yet.....

no worries tho! thats why i have TWO accounts
blakeon
7/14/09 12:54:44AM
Thats an awful lot of team
mkiv9secsupra
7/14/09 1:14:20AM

Posted by blakeon

Thats an awful lot of team

yeah and the worst part is out of 15 espn drafts(snake drafts), 3 nfl.com drafts, 3 cbs drafts, and 7 yahoo drafts i never once got a #1 or #2 draft spot!!! all i want is michael turner on my team! the highest draft order i got was #4 once and the rest were all #6 or below......sucks
blakeon
7/14/09 1:15:34AM
lol. i get #1 all the time.
D0wnUnd6e6r
7/14/09 9:21:55AM
i'm guessing i'm too late for this one.
mkiv9secsupra
7/14/09 11:39:32AM

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

no i disbanded it for a while, but blakeon has made one as well. If that one fills up and we have more people who want to join ill be sure to start up another league on espn: the BEST fantasy football site!!!!!
D0wnUnd6e6r
7/14/09 12:54:26PM

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

no i disbanded it for a while, but blakeon has made one as well. If that one fills up and we have more people who want to join ill be sure to start up another league on espn: the BEST fantasy football site!!!!!

right on!
blakeon
7/14/09 1:11:14PM

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

right on!

Hell yeah!