Most entertaining Fight of the Weekend?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Most entertaining Fight of the Weekend?
loller90278
4/2/07 2:58:44PM
what will be the most entertaining fight, we got Ultimate fight night, Ufc, and Pride 34 all in one weekend.

which fight do you think will be the most entertaining?

Diego vs K-os will be a war i think because of the feud
Okami Vs swick will be a very good fight
Joe Stevenson vs Melvin Guillard also a nominee
Don Frye vs James thompson ...SLUGFEST!

and heres my "fight that turned out great that i didnt think would" fights..

luke cummo vs josh haynes
zulu vs butterbean!!
pv3Hpv3p
4/2/07 3:03:59PM
I like your list...

I would go ahead and add Cummo / Haynes to the first list... Luke has surprisingly good striking and Haynes has more heart than most two fighters you could put together...

I also think that Bean / Zulu will be very entertaining... I don't know why people cosider these 'freakshow' fights, because the guys are big?

I'm also excited for Zelg's debut, I hope he does well

And I really want to see Herring come back into form, so I'm pretty interested in that fight...
Lay_N_Pray
4/2/07 3:05:35PM
Swick and Okami is going to bring the house down. They are both aggressive and they have some stellar striking.

Serra vs GSP: Its always a pleasure to watch the canadian sensation go to work. I enjoy all of Rush's fights and I think the possibility of a quick submission from Serra makes the fight that much more exciting
xthe_scottx
4/2/07 6:53:39PM
I think Sanchez vs Koscheck will be the fight of the weekend. Diego always makes his fights exciting and from the looks of everything of the internet, Koscheck really does not want to lose.

A close second to me seems like Sell vs Leites. Both have powerful striking and are experienced with BJJ. I am still having trouble deciding who will win.
THE_AXE_MURDERER
4/2/07 7:11:51PM
When is Frye fighting Thomson?
Stickan
4/2/07 7:26:56PM

Posted by THE_AXE_MURDERER

At Pride 34.

Apart from those you've already mentioned I think Kendall Grove - Alan Belcher will be a war. Grove always brings it and Alans stand-up is really good. This fight isn't going the distance.
pv3Hpv3p
4/3/07 10:40:26AM

Posted by Stickan

Posted by THE_AXE_MURDERER

At Pride 34.

Apart from those you've already mentioned I think Kendall Grove - Alan Belcher will be a war. Grove always brings it and Alans stand-up is really good. This fight isn't going the distance.

Good call on Grove / Beltcher... Beltcher is a tough opponent, and we haven't really seen that much of Kendall, yet... I think this will be a great test for him...
xchickox
4/3/07 10:57:13AM
diego vs kos....that should be the best fight and hopefully diego will destroy kos in 2 and shut him up
hippysmacker
4/3/07 7:16:35PM
I'm gonna have to go with Cummo vs Haynes as well. Haynes has a lot more power, and can take a lot of punishment. Cummo is a much more technically sound fighter. I think Cummo will outpoint him, but haynes will land a biug one and KO him. Frye/Thompson,Yvel/Atajev, Butterbean/Zulu, Swick/Okami,Herring/Imes, Gouvea/Peteruzelli, will also probably have a lot of entertaining standup. Sanchez/Koshcheck , Monson/Fujita,Arona/Sokoudjou and Mishima/Florian will probably be the most technical. I think the closest fight's will be Swick'Okami and Sanchez/Koshcheck. If Sokoudjou pulls this one off, he's a serious contender. If not ,I'll think Lil Nog just got caught
chentay2112
4/3/07 7:29:30PM
i think sanchez vs kos will be the best fight with the fued they have it's gonna be a war
loller90278
4/3/07 7:29:52PM
i think even if soku shows a good showing i'll consider him a contender
hippysmacker
4/3/07 7:34:38PM

Posted by loller90278

i think even if soku shows a good showing i'll consider him a contender

Good point. Arona's a top guy.
ButterBalls
4/3/07 11:08:31PM
Butterbean / Zulu is honestly a fight I'm creaming myself over.

THE_AXE_MURDERER
4/4/07 1:07:21AM
ohh is see
THE_AXE_MURDERER
4/4/07 1:09:08AM
Okami Swick
Rameau Sokoudjou and Arona
the-james
4/4/07 4:56:47PM
Yushin Okami vs Mike Swick could possibly be the fight of the year so far

Zulu vs Butterbean sould be interessting at the least even tough i not a fan of freak shows

But my pick for the most entertainning fight is Mishima- Florian sopuld be an amazing fight on the mat, i thin k Kenny will pull off a submission real late in the fight
pv3Hpv3p
4/4/07 4:59:51PM
Well with the new news... I'm going to have to go with...

The Axe Murderer / The Ukraine Freight Train...

Great to see Igor back
Great-Ajax
4/4/07 8:18:01PM
Zulu vs butterbean might be the last great freak show