What do you find more entertaining? "Bad Blood" or "Good Sports"...???

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » What do you find more entertaining? "Bad Blood" or "Good Sports"...???
POLL: What's more entertaining to watch for you?
Good Sports 61% (19)
Bad Blood 39% (12)
Trapt1nw0nder
1/7/08 7:33:24AM
What kind of fights do you look forward to watching more?

some examples..
Bad Blood

Nick Diaz vs Diego Sanchez/Lawler
Tito Ortiz vs Chuck Liddell
Melvin Guillard vs Rich Clementi
BJ Penn vs Jens Pulver
Wanderlei vs Rampage/Chuck

Good Sports

Couture vs Gonzaga
Huerta vs Garcia
CroCop vs Fedor
GSP vs Hughes
Henderson vs Rampage

a tough choice i know,but cant say a little of both cuz that would be the obvious choice...

grappler0000
1/7/08 8:08:39AM
I would say Good Sports the majority of the time...but there is just something about Bad Blood every once in a while that just works. Too much Bad Blood is not a good thing though...needs to be in moderation.

So, I would give the nod to Good Sports.
Kracker_Jap
1/7/08 9:45:55AM
Bad sports.....

But in general I love the sport...
candynuts
1/7/08 10:18:39AM
Both, but if I had to pick one id say Bad Blood could be more entertaining.

I was really anticipating Shungo Oyama vs. Ryan Gracie fight because of all the bad blood there with Shungo beating Renzo and all the talk afterwards.

Oh, and this isnt MMA but Mike Tyson.
emfleek
1/7/08 11:06:28AM
Bad Blood

When I watch a fight between two fighters that have a beef with each other, my pulse races, my heart pounds and I'm on the edge of my seat. I'm convinced that's how I'm going to die. Heart attack via MMA. In Round 2.
scoozna
1/7/08 1:10:17PM

Posted by emfleek

Bad Blood

When I watch a fight between to fighters that have a beef with each other, my pulse races, my heart pounds and I'm on the edge of my seat. I'm convinced that's how I'm going to die. Heart attack via MMA. In Round 2.

I love it...me as well. I feel like a little kid with anticipation.
ocho-cinco
1/7/08 1:11:28PM

Posted by grappler0000

I would say Good Sports the majority of the time...but there is just something about Bad Blood every once in a while that just works. Too much Bad Blood is not a good thing though...needs to be in moderation.

So, I would give the nod to Good Sports.

Jimbo
1/8/08 4:55:08AM
i prefer good sport almost every time because of the respect that each fighter has for eachother. If its bad blood they tend to talk abit of shit about one another and it reminds of the old WWF/WWE days. But bad blood is still good as long as they shake hands and what not after the fight.
DuncanFan819
1/8/08 5:02:30AM
Whatever the better matchup is. If the matchups are equal, I'd take bad blood. Like some of the others, I get really psyched and anxious for the bad blood fights.
Boo_Radley21
1/8/08 9:33:22AM
It's always good to see two guys being good sports after a good fight and showing respect to eachother, but it's also fun to watch guys who have a rivalry or a real dislike for eachother go at it. Sometimes they put more heart into it. And even after their fight usually there is respect shown. (Frye vs Shamrock, Ortiz vs Shamrock 3, Pulver vs Penn 2). So I guess what I'm thinking is even through bad blood, good sportsmanship and respect can still be shown.
loonytnt
1/8/08 12:56:53PM
i like both but Melvin Guillard vs Rich Clementi was more of a thug thing and thats bad for the sport
cowcatcher
1/8/08 12:58:36PM
good sports
see kos vs diego......YAWN
mrsmiley
1/8/08 2:32:26PM
I prefer good sports just because I make up enough bad blood in my head between fighters.
Trapt1nw0nder
1/9/08 1:06:54PM

Posted by cowcatcher

good sports
see kos vs diego......YAWN

Diego was up for the fight,but Koscheck was too much of a P**** to make it a fight........it takes 2 to tango!

I for one love bad blood battles....of course alot of fighters are good sports after the fight even though there was bad blood at the beggining,but I still consider those fights "Bad Blood".

Im talking about Bad Blood and Good Sports before the fight...

The reason i made this thread was because alot of people bash fighters for being bad sports like Nick Diaz,BJ Penn,Tito Ortiz, and those happen to be on my top favorite fighters list. from the looks of it,it looks like 40% of you here prefer bad blood,but i think the numbers show for themselves for fights like Ortiz/Liddell 2 and Ortiz/Shamrock that most people around the world prefer Bad Blood matches even if they dont admit it and talk down on "bad sports" and wanting them out of the sport........what would be do without them?..What if there was no Mayweather in Boxing?...No Tito Ortiz in MMA? and all the other "bad sports"........so i just basically made this thread so people could stop saying stuff like "nobody needs people like that in MMA".when its still the fighters you want to watch the most.

So quit your complaining and admit that even if you hate a fighter you would pay $$$ to watch him lose.

They might be "Bad Sports",but they are Good for the Sport at the same time
Pitbull09
1/10/08 2:36:28AM
Good sports. the only bad blood fight i liked one there was Wanderlei vs Chuck Liddel and I consider that good sports. Nick/Lawler was good too but Bad blood give the sport a bad name.

BJ Penn held that choke on Pulver
Melvin's fight was the most amatuer mma fight I ever saw in the UFC, at one point Rich had a full nelson and Melvin slipped when doing a knee. Then after the fight Melvin acts like hes going at Rich and Rich talks shit in the interview. Screw all that.
Chuck/Tito never seems like a good matchup to me, it seemed like Tito was always afraid of Chuck and the second fight showed it IMO
cowcatcher
1/10/08 4:20:34PM

Posted by Trapt1nw0nder

The reason i made this thread was because alot of people bash fighters for being bad sports like Nick Diaz,BJ Penn,Tito Ortiz, and those happen to be on my top favorite fighters list. from the looks of it,it looks like 40% of you here prefer bad blood,but i think the numbers show for themselves for fights like Ortiz/Liddell 2 and Ortiz/Shamrock that most people around the world prefer Bad Blood matches even if they dont admit it and talk down on "bad sports" and wanting them out of the sport........what would be do without them?..What if there was no Mayweather in Boxing?...No Tito Ortiz in MMA? and all the other "bad sports"........so i just basically made this thread so people could stop saying stuff like "nobody needs people like that in MMA".when its still the fighters you want to watch the most.

They might be "Bad Sports",but they are Good for the Sport at the same time

the guys you mentioned sell the fights well, i dont like them that much(except bj) but i cant argue with that.