Energy Drinks!!!!

MMAPlayground.com » Off Topic » Off Topic » Energy Drinks!!!!
Next Page »
SpiderSilva
9/13/12 3:16:13PM
Not everyone drinks coffee. So whats your favorite energy drink?
After my morning coffee I'm now drinking an AMP(red).

Lets hear em!!!

Theoutlaw08
9/13/12 3:17:30PM
Mine is Monster Rehab Tea and Lemonade, and if not that, than just plain Monster.
Poor_Franklin
9/13/12 3:17:34PM
hate to be boring, but i love red bull.
SpiderSilva
9/13/12 3:20:01PM
Mrs Spidersilva loves Monster. Has anyone tried the Rockstar x2? Those are brutle tasting but wake yo ass up!
kopower
9/13/12 3:30:28PM
I've cut down big time on energy drinks, due to cavities. Every now and then, I get the regular zero carb Rockstars, or Xyience. The cran razz is outstanding. Really like the mango flavor as well.
backalley101
9/13/12 3:32:00PM
Monster Lo- carb energy is good
shaneTpain
9/13/12 3:33:12PM
On days too hot for coffee ( & this summer there were alot! ) I would drink Amps. Mainly because they are cheap & mostly because they come in lemonade flavour!
frizzzlecake
9/13/12 3:46:45PM
Rockstar and Monster lemon or lemon/tea flavors are my favorite.
Bubbles
9/13/12 3:51:28PM
I dont drink energy drinks...they don't do a whole lot for me. I've had Red Bull, Rockstar, Amp, and Monster (as well as a sample of Xyience at the fan expo) and aside the crappy taste, I don't really feel anything.

Now the Rockstar Recovery Lemonade I will use for hangovers...they work like a charm
bojangalz
9/13/12 3:51:56PM
I just quit drinking energy drinks (again) two days ago. I always got low carb or sugar free ones though. Really don't like the taste of sugary drinks. The Zero Carb Rockstar (in the blue can) was always solid. Big fan of the Monster Rehab Lemonade/Tea, but it always goes down too easy since there's no carbonation (usually wound up drinking two of them).

But the granddaddy of all energy drinks is Cherry-Lime Xyience and it's not even close. It tastes friggin amazing, too good in fact. I used to kill those babies on the regular. There used to be one gas station in the county that sold that flavor, but they stopped selling it late last year. Pretty sure it was a personal attack against me. Not sure if I arrested the pizza boy somewhere along the line or what the hell happened. But I can't get it anywhere while I'm on duty unless I wind up on a prisoner transport or something like that where I can get out of the county. I've been seen in uniform completely cleaning out the shelves of some convenience stores from time to time.

In fact, I was on my way to training in Minneapolis a few days ago and had every intention of cleaning out the shelves at a Holiday Station where they always sold them 2/$4. But they jacked the price to like $2.59 a can. I was pissed, so I walked out without buying a singe one. I've gone a couple days without an energy drink now, and I figure I'll stick with it. The headaches didn't start kicking in until about the third day last time. So they'll be hitting me hard when I get back on night shifts tomorrow. Good times, good times.

george112
9/13/12 4:01:18PM
FTW

Budgellism
9/13/12 4:05:36PM
I used to drink them a lot more than I do now but I'm a fan of the regular rockstars and the blue monsters. Surprisingly, I love the taste of energy drinks, they just make me feel really off and shitty almost immediately after drinking one and the feeling doesn't go away for hours.
prophecy033
9/13/12 4:07:57PM
ROCKSTAR!!!!

It used to be Monster but it was far too sweet. I recently switched to sugar free Rockstar because I drank a case (24) of original Rockstar in 2 weeks. I guess I just love the taste
cowcatcher
9/13/12 4:21:45PM
I'm not a fan of them at all, in fact the only ones I've had that I ever liked were the Monster coffee/chai tea drinks. Red Bull tastes like liquid smarties, and that's one of the shittiest Halloween candies out there so I can't egt on board with that shit. I'll take my Jager straight, thank you.
Budgellism
9/13/12 4:23:58PM

Posted by cowcatcher

I'm not a fan of them at all, in fact the only ones I've had that I ever liked were the Monster coffee/chai tea drinks. Red Bull tastes like liquid smarties, and that's one of the shittiest Halloween candies out there so I can't egt on board with that shit. I'll take my Jager straight, thank you.

Oh god, Yager bomb nights are great but I've never felt worse in my life than the day after one of those.
Ordep
9/13/12 4:29:45PM
i will do a 5hourEnergy only if I'm sleepy and I need to drive. Thats the only situation other than that, no coffe or en-drinks for me.
Theoutlaw08
9/13/12 4:34:09PM

Posted by Budgellism

Surprisingly, I love the taste of energy drinks, they just make me feel really off and shitty almost immediately after drinking one and the feeling doesn't go away for hours.

I completely agree with this statement. Love the flavor of most energy drinks. I just get so shaky and jacked up after drinking like half a can. Its crazy. Then I normally get really bloated and gassy after that. Theres always a price to pay when drinking an energy drink for me.
kopower
9/13/12 4:37:58PM

Posted by Theoutlaw08

Posted by Budgellism

Surprisingly, I love the taste of energy drinks, they just make me feel really off and shitty almost immediately after drinking one and the feeling doesn't go away for hours.

I completely agree with this statement. Love the flavor of most energy drinks. I just get so shaky and jacked up after drinking like half a can. Its crazy. Then I normally get really bloated and gassy after that. Theres always a price to pay when drinking an energy drink for me.

Most make me feel this way, except for Xyience for some reason.
infestructure
9/13/12 4:52:02PM
I'm not a huge fan of the energy form energy drinks, but if I do get one, it will be a NZ one called 'V'. I've tried all the US Monsters and Mothers and the Thai redbulls but I'm super serial - V is the best

george112
9/13/12 4:52:48PM
I'll admit. Caffeine now for me is a hit or miss thing.

I don't know how many of y'all frequent the official I'm drunk thread but if y'all do y'all will find posts of me busting out the whiskey and coke.

As a result of those binges I've been waking up in the mornings with excruciating kidney pain. I've been drinking nothing but water for weeks and still the pain is there
prophecy033
9/13/12 5:00:48PM

Posted by george112

I don't know how many of y'all frequent the official I'm drunk thread but if y'all do y'all will find posts of me busting out the whiskey and coke.

As a result of those binges I've been waking up in the mornings with excruciating kidney pain. I've been drinking nothing but water for weeks and still the pain is there

Could be kidney stones. Get checked out homie
Budgellism
9/13/12 5:04:50PM

Posted by prophecy033

Posted by george112

Could be kidney stones. Get checked out homie

This.
Poor_Franklin
9/13/12 5:14:51PM
at the bar i work at, our house shot is jager bombs. we put 2 shots of jager in ours & charge $5.75 for them. people love them bc they are so cheap. i've been working there for 3 years, so needless to say, im practically immune to jager bomb sickness, but they do give hella hangovers when consumed in large quantities.

me & my friend had a "Jagerpagne" night a few weeks ago. We alternated between jagerbombs & glasses of champagne all night, with an occasional water. WICKED HANGOVER!
Adrenaline
9/13/12 5:21:55PM
I've always drank the original Monsters. I'm surprised I'm still alive, my diet used to consist of Monster and Copenhagen and not much else.

I still prefer Monster but I've switched from original to the newish Monster Absolutely Zero. It tastes really close to original without any sugar or calories so its a little easier on the cavities and beer gut.

I really don't drink them like I used to, I love em but at 2-3 bucks a whack it's alot more than just a soda or cup of joe.

papercut
9/13/12 5:49:10PM
as I'm typng this I'm currently drinking a 24oz, twist cap can of monster assault. I've been on the monster assault bandwagon for like 6+ years now. Assault is my all time favorite but when I'm at a gas station that doesn't carry it my other go-to energy drink has to be rockstar.

ChrisSabal
9/13/12 5:54:24PM
girlfriend is a Red Bull girl(her job is handing out free Red Bull) so I get tons of free Red Bull. So I gotta go with Red Bull.
kopower
9/13/12 6:07:25PM

Posted by george112

How drunk have you been getting? Passed out drunk where you could be getting deeply penetrated. Or maybe donkey punched
frizzzlecake
9/13/12 6:09:50PM
Worst part of Energy drinks for me is what some people here said, the poopy feeling in the stomach. They make me alert but if (and usually always) I drink them on a empty stomach and it's brutal on my insides. Or if I eat cheaply food dear god the bathroom becomes a regular stop for me.
tn_rebel
9/13/12 6:18:03PM
This stuff is the shit. Drink it quickly and your hair will stand up on end.
Image Attachment(s):
Photo Attachment 1
prophecy033
9/13/12 6:23:26PM

Posted by tn_rebel

This stuff is the shit. Drink it quickly and your hair will stand up on end.

I've drank a few and the make me jittery as all hell

Oh yeah, good to see you back
Pages: [1] 2