Who ends up fighting winner of Rampage/Henderson?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » UFC Forum » Who ends up fighting winner of Rampage/Henderson?
« Previous Page
POLL: who ends up challenging rampage/henderson?
Mauricio "Shogun" Rua 79% (58)
Forrest Griffin 0% (0)
Lyoto Machida 3% (2)
Chuck Liddell 11% (8)
Wanderlei Silva 4% (3)
Others (mention) 3% (2)
Branwest
8/22/07 6:08:02PM

Posted by black96eclipse

If Couture beats Gonzaga, I think it would be awesome to see him pull a Henderson move and try to hold both titles at the same time. If Henderson beats Rampage that would make it even better. Couture vs Henderson would be a great fight.

I don't think he'll be able to because if he beats GG, they'll want to throw someone else at him, like the winner of Sylvia/Vera or Big Nog (though I think they'll make Minotauro fight at least once before giving him a shot, though probably a couple fights first).
Also, there are to many legitimate LH's now w/the influx of Pride fighters. What if Hendo wins? Will he still go back down to MW, or stay, or try to do both? I think he'll be in the same situation, too many fighters in one class to try to do both. I don't know if they would let them because there are too many fights they'll want to happen. As soon as Rampage and Hendo fight, they'll give Shogun and chance, then probably the winner of Chuck/Wandy, then one of the losers of the previous title fights: Rampage/Hendo, Shogun/Rampage, Shogun/Hendo.
SicJits
8/24/07 2:31:34PM

Posted by Branwest

Posted by black96eclipse

If Couture beats Gonzaga, I think it would be awesome to see him pull a Henderson move and try to hold both titles at the same time. If Henderson beats Rampage that would make it even better. Couture vs Henderson would be a great fight.

I don't think he'll be able to because if he beats GG, they'll want to throw someone else at him, like the winner of Sylvia/Vera or Big Nog (though I think they'll make Minotauro fight at least once before giving him a shot, though probably a couple fights first).
Also, there are to many legitimate LH's now w/the influx of Pride fighters. What if Hendo wins? Will he still go back down to MW, or stay, or try to do both? I think he'll be in the same situation, too many fighters in one class to try to do both. I don't know if they would let them because there are too many fights they'll want to happen. As soon as Rampage and Hendo fight, they'll give Shogun and chance, then probably the winner of Chuck/Wandy, then one of the losers of the previous title fights: Rampage/Hendo, Shogun/Rampage, Shogun/Hendo.

yup
jgtribbett
8/24/07 6:00:54PM
u also can't take really good fighters... (especially top 5 guys) and say... no ... you dont deserve a shot cause they do.
jgtribbett
8/24/07 6:02:01PM
omg.. that wold be amazing.. but i dont think they would fight.
Pages: 1 [2]