Who are some of your emotional fighters?

MMAPlayground.com » MMA General » General MMA Talk » Who are some of your emotional fighters?
TimW001
6/19/10 3:17:13PM
Who are some of the fighters that you watch and and get emotional during their fights?

Here are mine

Wanderlei Silva: He is the nicest guy in the world and goes in to please the audience as much as he can! He loves his family and loves his MMA! When he fought Franklin, when he was doing the staredown, I put my fingers together and rolled my wrists for him. I nearly cried when he lost to Chuck, I flt so bad for him. Edit: And I also bought all of his Vale Tudo fights on DVD.

Fedor: When I watched him and Brett fight live I was constantly jumping out of my seat, I was glued to my screen. When he landed his bomb I simply exploded. When I watched him and Arlovski fight live I was getting kind of nervous, he was getting tagged but he never looked hurt, despite my friend screaming otherwise. When Arlovski fell hard out of the air with Fedor standing above him, the whole room exploded with excitement (except that one friend).

Those are the only two major ones that get a physical reaction out of me. Other fighters I feel slightly emotional towards are Jose Aldo, GSP, Alistair, Okami, and Shogun.
Jackelope
6/19/10 3:23:17PM
I gotta put Wand and Fedor on my list, too. I think any of the old PRIDE fighters really get me emotional, to be honest. Definitely Big Nog, too. Maybe that's just being nostalgic or maybe there was something special about the PRIDE fighters. Either way they all get me more passionate than most other fighters for some reason.

emfleek
6/19/10 3:40:05PM
Liddell
SpiderSilva
6/19/10 3:55:41PM
Anderson fo sho i get all quiet and sh!t
BJ losing to edgar was hard to take
those 2 are my fav fighters they have fought twice on the same card and i spend half the ppvs all tens
Big nog the way he lost to Cain ruined my night
pretty much the old vets i started with like Liddell was rough to watch
i get really pumped when fedor fights I'm not sure what i would do if he lost at this point
chokehead
6/19/10 4:12:34PM
When Nogueira got knocked the **** out for the second time in his career by Cain, it felt like my spirit was escaping... from my ass-hole.

This is what pretty much happens for any fighter I root for. Hamil was absolutely being massacred by Jones, and that was a problem because I felt that Hamil was such an inspirational person to me because of his deafness, and I felt that he deserved more credit as a fighter at the time. Then there he was... on his back being sliced up by Jone's elbows. Yeah, he technically "won" the fight, they had to drag his broken ass out of there. He was messed up.

sparky
6/19/10 4:18:07PM

Posted by emfleek

Liddell

jae_1833
6/19/10 4:43:31PM

Posted by chokehead
it felt like my spirit was escaping... from my ass-hole.

I know I have felt this bad before but was never able to put it in such poetic words! Absolutely hillarious!!
Mainly Jens Pulver, seeing him lose really just breaks the old ticker. There are a lot of fighters that I am attached to, just peep my favorites list and there you go.
BlueSkiesBurn
6/19/10 5:45:25PM

Posted by chokehead

When Nogueira got knocked the **** out for the second time in his career by Cain, it felt like my spirit was escaping... from my ass-hole.

This is what pretty much happens for any fighter I root for. Hamil was absolutely being massacred by Jones, and that was a problem because I felt that Hamil was such an inspirational person to me because of his deafness, and I felt that he deserved more credit as a fighter at the time. Then there he was... on his back being sliced up by Jone's elbows. Yeah, he technically "won" the fight, they had to drag his broken ass out of there. He was messed up.

Hammil is one of my favorite fighters for sure. I have a lot of D/HH friends and I see the adversity they face with people treating them as if they are mentally retarded rather than deaf. Watching that was heartbreaking for me.
Caesarrrr
6/19/10 6:25:21PM
I'm rather young, coming from the end of pride days, so mine are:

Forrest Griffin - So much heart, always willing to bang, and rarely turns down a fight.

Cole Miller - he's a hometown hero. The kid was one of 3 people that taught me to wrestle in Highschool.

Miguel Torres - He was actually in the first fight I ever saw, and I was so impressed with his abilities and determination that I started looking for other MMA events to watch.

Leonard Garcia - I might catch some flac for this, but bottom line: He puts his heart and soul into fighting, and he goes out there and gives everything he can, and I love it. He fights for himself and for the fans, and I can't help but respect a guy like that.

Jon Jones - I almost feel like Jones is my fighter. What I mean by that is around the time I became a hardcore and well educated(by my own opinion) fan, Jones was just starting out. I feel like he's my generation of fighter, and I love how humble he is, while at the same time bringing so much energy.

Donald Cerone - Same reason as Leonard Garcia, he comes out there to do what he loves, and give us what we want. He puts his heart and body on the line everytime he fights, and I think it's obvious by the reaction he gets at all of his fights that he's definitely a fan favorite.

sorry for not putting Wandy or Fedor. I never really saw Fedor fight until Pride had fallen, and I appreciate his talent, but it's in the same way I appreciate Jackie Robinson. I know he's good, but he's not my fighter. The same is almost true for Wandy. I love him as a fighter, but he has been matched up with people I prefer over him, up until recently.
Naturaldisaster
6/19/10 8:13:38PM
Chuck Liddell. Anytime he fights Its pure hell for me. My hands start sweatin like crazy and their balled up into fists the entire time. and my legs start jumpin up and down (I seriously cant Stop them). and i react to every punch thrown. I actually feel like im in the fight.

Matt Hamill, Rashad Evans, dustin hazellet.
Khaos
6/20/10 1:20:02AM
My list is rather obscure, but it is Frank Mir, Ricco Rodriguez, Matt Hughes, Mike Brown, and Ikuhisa Minowa.
BlueSkiesBurn
6/20/10 1:23:49AM
Is it too soon to add Court McGee to a list? He had me crying. Before anyone tries to revoke my man-card, I was a former heroin addict who cleaned up his life and can now call myself the proud owner of several college degrees. Education was always my passion, just like fighting is his, I completely know how he must have felt at that moment because I had those same tears on my face when they announced my name at my graduation.
noahgenda
6/20/10 1:26:03AM
yes, matt hughes is quite obscure
TimW001
6/20/10 2:35:13AM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

Is it too soon to add Court McGee to a list? He had me crying. Before anyone tries to revoke my man-card, I was a former heroin addict who cleaned up his life and can now call myself the proud owner of several college degrees. Education was always my passion, just like fighting is his, I completely know how he must have felt at that moment because I had those same tears on my face when they announced my name at my graduation.

You're going to make me cry now!
BlueSkiesBurn
6/20/10 3:11:21AM
Unless you have a good reason, realize that your man-card is on the line.
chokehead
6/20/10 12:56:17PM

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

... Please don't make us choose.

McGee is definitely not too early. The man's living inspiration. Never in my life would I think a person with that much bullshit in their life could spring back to their feet so god damn awesomely as McGee did. He didn't fight with a broken arm nor with a staph infection, but the man was fighting through years of **** ups to redeem himself, and he did. No doubt about it. Nothing less than the utmost respect for this guy is needed. If McGee keeps up the winning streak... possibly even becomes champion one day, I'll gladly turn in my man-card. I'm no man like Court McGee is, that's for ******* sure.

Matt Hamil really shown himself this fight. Once the word gets out that he fought with staph, a broken hand, and with his eye injured I think people will find the situation familiar to Rich Franklin's fight with Chuck Liddell. Just so much heart. I never got around to really making a favorite fighter list, but I'm going to start now, and the first one on the list is him.

BlueSkiesBurn
6/20/10 5:29:50PM

Posted by chokehead

Posted by BlueSkiesBurn

... Please don't make us choose.

McGee is definitely not too early. The man's living inspiration. Never in my life would I think a person with that much bullshit in their life could spring back to their feet so god damn awesomely as McGee did. He didn't fight with a broken arm nor with a staph infection, but the man was fighting through years of **** ups to redeem himself, and he did. No doubt about it. Nothing less than the utmost respect for this guy is needed. If McGee keeps up the winning streak... possibly even becomes champion one day, I'll gladly turn in my man-card. I'm no man like Court McGee is, that's for ******* sure.

Matt Hamil really shown himself this fight. Once the word gets out that he fought with staph, a broken hand, and with his eye injured I think people will find the situation familiar to Rich Franklin's fight with Chuck Liddell. Just so much heart. I never got around to really making a favorite fighter list, but I'm going to start now, and the first one on the list is him.

haha, chokehold, I'm not making anyone choose. TimW001 said MY post was gonna make him cry. So, I said if it did, his man-card was on the line. I had written a post about knowing exactly how Court McGee felt.
Playground_Samurai
6/20/10 8:01:10PM
Liddell
Mir
Hazelett
GSP
Gonzaga
Tom Lawlor